Miracle at City Park, Nairobi, Kenya

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Indigo

Miracle at City Park, Nairobi, Kenya

Post by Indigo »

On Tuesday, July 28, 2009, MHI, accompanied by Princess Zahra, Princess Khaleya and Prince Hussain, were scheduled to visit City Park, Nairobi in the early morning.
A few jamati members had gathered at the entrance of the venue to catch a glimpse of Hazar Imam and the Noorani Family.

The entourage arrived soon thereafter and the murids gathered were blessed by Mowla's car slowing down and Mowla waving and smiling at the gathering.

Thereafter, city council officials on duty suggested that the jamat gathered outside should go inside a little bit from where they would be able to observe the proceedings that were planned from a far distance. Jamat was happy about this and went and stood as per the instructions of the officials.
However, this was shortlived.
Our Ismaili security did not approve of this and ordered the jamat back out, going so far as to even shut the gates on the jamat's faces!

Saddened by this irrational behaviour, the jamat went and stood back on the road, awaiting Hazar Imam's car to depart. Everyone was quite upset. Afterall, if the hosts (city council) had no objection to jamati members watching the proceedings from a distance, why should our very own brothers in the Ismaili security be so mean?
Anyway, jamat is used to such treatment and decided to catch another glimpse of Hazar Imam from the car, which this time had tinted windows thereby not affording a perfect view.

A short time later, our security brothers came running out. In fact there was quite a hustle and bustle. Curious to know what was going on, jamat peeped around the corner and LO AND BEHOLD, Mawlana Hazar Imam was walking down the hill towards the entrance, followed by the entire Noorani family and dignitaries. Yes, I mean, actually walking! What a miracle!! Hazar Imam came so close to the jamat, and waved, smiled and nodded at each murid. Jamat had never seen Hazar Imam so happy! The Noorani Family members too were smiling and waving jovially.

As the Ginans have said, ishq akal bhulavo... the jamat got so excited, started clapping and cheering, shouts of 'love you Mowla' were heard, and Mowla kept on smiling and waving and showing true happiness.

Once Hazar Imam passed the gathering, He stood a bit further on awaiting His car according the jamat the blessing of deedar for almost five minutes. Truly this was a wonderful miracle and occasion and there was great excitement in the air.

Once Hazar Imam's convoy departed, the jamat started hugging and congratulating each other. Our security brothers looked very discomfited by this whole happening. One of them told the jamat that Mowla declined to sit in His car and expressed a wish to walk to the entrance since it was 'a pleasant day'....mashallah, alhamdullilah!! Mowla is great, Allahuakbar!
Admin

Post by Admin »

Well the farman said that no rivers or mountain can keep the Imam's love away from his jamat.

I guess that day he showed that no khoja security nor barb wires nor fence can keep Imam's love away from the Jamat.

I wish I was there to see also as my flight was just leaving Nairobi for Zanzibar at that time. And in Zanzibar when the Imam arrived at the airport and Jamat was not allowed to welcome him, still he waved to the Jamat from behind the fence of the tarmac as seen on this picture.

Admin
graceful

Post by graceful »

If you really love Imam, plz do not criticize security management.
This is more essential than, what Jamat wants glimpse of Imam.
Jamat is always thristy... for Deedar. That dosen't mean that there must be laps in security system.
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

graceful wrote:If you really love Imam, plz do not criticize security management.
This is more essential than, what Jamat wants glimpse of Imam.
Jamat is always thristy... for Deedar. That dosen't mean that there must be laps in security system.
I am very sorry that you have decided to forcefully make me speak now. In my previous article, I tried to be as diplomatic as possible about our brothers in the Ismaili security but the bitter truth of the matter is that the Ismaili security treats the jamat in an atrocious, appalling and unethical manner whenever our beloved Khudavind is in town. For example, at the City Park, it was only the ismaili jamati members who were targeted. Many Africans had also gathered in that area but they were told nothing. Only the ismailis were pushed out and when questions were asked as to why only the ismailis were being told to leave, their demeanor totally changed and they started using abusive language and physical force. We would have had no problem if the entire area had been evacuated but only the ismailis were asked to go.

This kind of behaviour has been happening everywhere! Even at the hospital, on Sunday, people from other communities standing around were not told anything but the jamat was pushed to places from where it was very difficult to see Khudavind properly. Some ismaili security officials even LIED to the jamat about places where Mowla was going to enter and exit. Thus, making jamati members stand for hours in places where Mowla was not going to be seen at all.

The same goes for hotel lobbies and airports where people from other communities sitting around are left alone but ismailis are always humiliated and thrown out.

So how can you say that we should not criticise our security???

Is it nice for the jamat to hear from Policemen and CID officials that they cannot understand why our community is not allowed to stand in good positions to see our Imam?
Such people cannot understand why our security is so harsh towards our own community.

It is true that the security is necessary when Mowla is physically present but they do have it in their power to allocate good places to the jamat to stand and have deedar of Mowla...but they just do not show such understanding. So what can we say about them?
They are just mean, mean, mean.

I do not think anyone can argue with this matter, because what I am saying is based on experience and is the plain truth. If the jamat sees that the security people are being fair, allowing the jamat to stand far but with a good view, and being ethical with all other community members standing around as well, then the jamat is most likely to be very cooperative and happy with their seva.

Otherwise, let them continue being mean and you will see how Mowla will come through for His jamat whom He loves and cherishes!!

It is obvious that our leaders and our security behave in this way because they just dont want the jamat to come anywhere during Mowla's private and official visits. But they should understand that this wish of theirs will never be fulfilled. Mowla's own Noor and Love and Power PULLS the jamat towards Him, no matter how much humiliation the jamat has to go through. So the leaders and security should resign themselves to the fact that some jamati members will be present and therefore they should change their negative demeanor towards them and treat them with greater dignity.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I have experienced the same in many countries. Even when the government people have no issues, Khoja security will talk to them into discriminating between ismailis and non-Ismailis. But not help the Ismailis, on the contrary, to harass them. isn't is beautiful that the jamat always gets more wave from the Imam?

I wonder how sad Hazar Imam feels for his murids being harassed and discriminated when all the other people present at those places have the liberty to see him.

The photos above shows that keeping the Jamat behind fence and barb wire is the same as doing this horrible thing to the Imam. What a symbole!
aknak

Post by aknak »

Hmmmm......! I feel sad ,the jamat dose not respect Imams privacy and his affairs, MULAQAT.....DEDAAR....! people go to KHANE, do not make a show outside. and there are two sides to a story I served for along time in NBO and the things i have seen our jamat do....? Nawzubi'llah I only hope the IMAM in his profound mercy do forgive us. PLS jamats be happy for the moments you are blessed as they will be far and few.......! If only u had that happiness touch you ,the complains would not have risen.
MASHA"LLAH.........MUBARAKHI TO ALL THAT were PRESENT
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

With due respect, I find your comment very ignorant. It is good that you stopped serving because your service has not enlightened you on the extreme importance and benefits of catching a glimpse of Mowla. It is ignorant people like you who have contributed significantly to the mistreatment of jamat at the hands of security. We have been present during such visits of Mowla for over a decade now and we have never seen the jamat behaving inappropriately. So why dont you elaborate, if you are sincere, about what you mean in your statement above?
Mowla is always extremely happy to see His jamat even during private visits. He always waves, smiles, nods and this time has even walked towards the jamat. This alone is enough proof that people like yourself and what you say should just be ignored. Afterall, your intepretation of intrusion of privacy is ridiculous if it means that jamat should not turn up at all. You have no right to be judgemental. Afterall some murids could be inspired by Mowla Himself to come and see Him - how do we know?! True, jamatkhanas are there for batini deedar but zaheri deedar is as important otherwise beloved Mowla would not have taken a physical form. Also, Mowla is so powerful that if He wishes He can come and go without a single soul knowing. The fact that we come to know of His visits means that He wishes the jamat to have the chance to see Him and they do, MASHALLAH!

Therefore leaders and security should be more sensitive and helpful to the jamat instead of being a hindrance.