Canadian Citizenship articles

Current issues, news and ethics
HH2

Canadian Citizenship articles

Post by HH2 »

Often when such articles are posted there are some who give negative comments. As it has been suggested that Ismailis should articulate what Ismaili values are. I responded in the following 2 articles; see comments under Hussein. Would you agree my comments are relative accurate

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Life/Khan+ ... story.html

http://westernstandard.blogs.com/shotgu ... /A><BR></P>
HH2

Post by HH2 »

Biryani

Post by Biryani »

Hussein, I think you are trying your best there but you will eventually get exhausted and be finished with all your energy and time but, as you can not make everybody happy every time, you probably will not be able to appease everybody here. Some people just don’t have any prerequisite knowledge and basic information about the Aga Khan, Ismailism and Islam in general before making their comments. Some are just trying to look smart and funny and some are just trailer trash.

I would suggest you to stick with some key points and put them in your responses to increase their vitality and dynamics to filter out the irrelevant and nonsensical comments automatically.

I think that awarding the Canadian citizenship to the Aga khan by Canadian government was not particularly about Ismailism and Islam or Him as an Imam of Shia Ismaili Muslim and how his followers are living in Canada or anywhere else. Rather It was more about recognition of the Aga Khan’s services and of the institutions’ He is running around the world at the development level and the message of pluralism and tolerance between any human divisions including religion, race, culture and nationalities that he is professing thru his position as a leader of a community of 15 million and of those institutions. And more importantly because of his collaborative efforts with the Canadian government on several different initiatives and projects including Center of Pluralism and The Delegation of The Ismaili Imamat in Ottawa, Aga Khan Museum (AKM) in Toronto and the immense contribution the Aga Khan Development Network is making in Afghanistan. He also has shown, time after time, great appreciation of the Canadian ideals of multiculturalism and pluralism. It was overwhelmingly supported beyond the partisan lines in the Canadian Parliament by 100% votes in favor of this decision of the Government of Canada.

He is a Swiss citizen by birth and possesses British and French diplomatic Passports and Honorary citizenships of a dozen or more countries. Ideologically and diplomatically He is just not too close with the United States in such terms.