Golden Jubilee - 2006

Discussion on doctrinal issues
_thaillestlunatic_

Golden Jubilee - 2006

Post by _thaillestlunatic_ »

YAM to all,
hope everyone is keeping well

I wanted to create this topic about the Golden Jubilee of our beloved, Mawlana Shah Karim Al-Huseyni which is comming up very very soon.
What are some ways we can make our beloved Imam- E- Zaman happy?
How can we renew our baiyat we have given him and make him more happy then he has ever been with us. Let's all try to put some input into this as I think it would be great to present humble mehmanis, nazranas, etc etc... but what can we do as A JAMAT to make the Imam happy?
hope we can REFLECT on it

-----------------------
kmaherali

Golden Jubilee

Post by kmaherali »

Excellent idea! It can be a great moment to reflect about our past and how we can improve our future. It can act as a trampoline to launch us into the next millenium.
from_Origin

Re: Golden Jubilee - 2006

Post by from_Origin »

_thaillestlunatic_ wrote:YAM to all,

I wanted to create this topic about the Golden Jubilee of our beloved, Mawlana Shah Karim Al-Huseyni which is comming up very very soon.
How can we renew our baiyat we have given him and make him more happy then he has ever been with us. Let's all try to put some input into this as I think it would be great to present humble mehmanis, nazranas, etc etc... but what can we do as A JAMAT to make the Imam happy?

-----------------------
What a great thought! If only we collectively and individually thought this same way every year, every month, or perhaps even every day.

I'm not sure why the year 2006 is mentioned as the heading of this forum, but if it's meant to indicate 50 years of MHI's Takth Nasheeni, then that Golden Jubilee celebration would take place, Inshallah, on 11th of July, 2007.
_thaillestlunatic_

Oops my error!
it is 2007.
C'mon guys lets hear some feedback

----------
aminL

Post by aminL »

I think that we as a Jamat or even a few number of individuals can take out an extra salwat for our Jamat. When we take out this salwat we should ask Mowla to make the faith of all of our people strong and that we should ALWAYS stay of the true path. I as an individual have already started to do this, this is my Niyat to continue taking out this one salwat until Mowlana Hazar Imam's Goldenjubile.
_thaillestlunatic_

so what else as a jamat in totality can we do to make our beloved Imam e Zaman happy
not individually by saying salwat, of course it will make Imam happy
but Im talking about as a jamat. For example, we should all work together
as brothers and sisters in Islam, to correct the misconceptions of Islam after the 9/11 attacks. If MHI has said be ambassadors to the muslim
ummah then we should do as what he has asked. I think we can also
stop all the fighting we do in our everyday lifes. With respects to the
council and this and that can't be done in khane or it should be done
differently etc etc...In my opinion, I don't think it makes the imam
happy when we fight. I also think as a JAMAT we should all go back
to the third world countries and try to restore democracies in Iraq
and Afganistan. Why should we leave up to the Imam and the Noorani
Family to be the leaders. I know this is a lot to ask for but for the ismailies
who have the spare time in thier hands who are educated well enough
should go back and help the needy. I also think we should cut back
on leisure. Like I mean everyday jamatkhana attendance maybe cannot
be accomplishable but when we have the TIME to go we should. Why
should we be sitting at home watching tv or on the internet
when it is time for bandagi or dua? Honestly, I am looking on how
I can renew my baiyat with the Imam and make him extremely happy.
Just my views. Hope it didn't offend anybody please forgive me if
I did.

---------------------
_thaillestlunatic_

c'mon guys lets get some feedback!!!!!!!!
shamsu

Deedar

Post by shamsu »

To live every moment of the rest of our lives with a sharp uninterrupted awareness of the prescence of Imam with us at all times, I think would be a nice way to approach Golden Jubilee.
nagib

Post by nagib »

YAM,

Can't someone come up with a very concrete project instead of talking virtual spiritual invisible projects? What about making something which heps keep our history [for example a compilation of 50,000 pages of farmans made by the 49 Imams during the last 1,400 years - I know this is not possible]

But at least we should think of something BIG... that the next 50 generations will be proud of their forefather who did this project.

Isn't there any intellectual tradition left in our community that we can come up with such things like the pyramids or the Ikhwan's Encyclopedia or the Taj Mahal or the discovery of electricity or printing press?

Nagib
layla

Golden Jubilee Project

Post by layla »

How about doing a compilation of Mowlana Hazar Imam's Speeches and Interviews?
_thaillestlunatic_

we allready have that
all of MHI speeches and interviews are on the heritage site

hmm....what about a JAMAT... how can we make the imam extremely
happy as a jamat, we all have personal ways but what about as a jamat?
Maybe farmanbardari, being ambassadors to the muslim ummah,
recognizing our selves as brothers and sisters, helping other jamats
around the globe, Increasing attendance in jamatkhana (morning and
evening) Becoming more batuni and living a good balance of material
and spiritual aspects of our lives??? Any other suggestions????
layla

Golden Jubilee Project

Post by layla »

Yes, Heritage does have most of the speeches and interviews, but what I was thinking was having a hard copy and even if we globally unite and see what we have in our video collections, we could have a CD with clips of the speeches.

Another Idea - Nooran allah Noor - the book by Shamsu Bandali Haji. We could edit it and make it multi media - this could be a huge project. Any volunteers?
Aly_shallwani

Post by Aly_shallwani »

Yam Layla,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can you tell me about this book Nooran allah Noor wats in it and this was a superb idea of having a hard copy of all this material o&shy;n ismaili.net but can you tell me your location as i live in Pakistan and here the speed of&nbsp;internet is too slow and i cannot liisten any multimedia songs,Ginan & i also cannot watch the clips of Mowla thats why if your idea could come in reality it'll be a really useful idea!
ShamshtabrezDhirani

What can we do as A JAMAT to make Hazer Imam Happy?

Post by ShamshtabrezDhirani »

The topic posed above has two folds. Following Holy Farman proves that: -
The Imamate is a hereditary office, and the Imam is responsible for guiding the practice of the faith of the Ismaili community. In matters of faith, he makes the decisions. In the matters of everyday activity, he has a large network of institutions and structures that answer to him (Interview) Dec. 1983 - Aga Khan IV.
WHAT ARE THE WAYS TO MAKE BELOVED HAZER IMAM HAPPY?
Holy Farman of Beloved Spiritual Father and Mother to His Beloved Spiritual Children: -
My Beloved Spiritual Children - Nothing will make me happier than your regular attendance in Jamatkhana and nothing will make me unhappy if it is not (Holy Farman is not in exact format, though).
This is that Beloved Hazer Imam in His interview says is "His responsibility for guiding the practice of the faith of the Ismaili community".
Everything on this earth has a price tag but spiritual experience has not! It may seem a simple act to sacrifice religious duties at prescribed time of prayer for material gain. Spiritual loss is immesurable because it is not in material form. Whereas Beloved Hazer Imam (Imam-ul-Waqt) has made it easy to practice Ismaili faith, no one is exempt. Doctors, Nurses, sick and few of other categories experiencing time constraints must necessarily remember the moment of truth at the exact time of prayer and follow it up quickly to fulfill that duty. This is the spiritual side of Ismaili faith.
ISMAILI HISTORY IS IN THE MAKING ALL THE TIME IN ALL AGES. Golden Jubilee of our Dear, Beloved Hazer Imam is upon us!!! How shall we celebrate it, nay make that event never seen before, never imagined before, never documented in the history of mankind at any time. Shall we make it a glorious event - an event full of hope and happiness that will be unique in its own right and unprecedented in the annals of world history! If He so wishes! By all means, Yes.
Let there be input from amongst Ismailis across the globe. There are Ismaili doctors, lawyers, scientists, nurses, professionals, entrepreneurs, devotees, thinkers, musicians, philosophers, visionaries, politicians, teachers, students and many other varieties.
I am confident about a single idea from many, emerging from the depth of an Ismaili heart, mind that will receive graceful approval from Very Dear, Beloved Hazer Imam.
Shamshtabrez - July 19, 2004.
_thaillestlunatic_

wonderful ideas

so let's make this event a beauty
kmaherali

Golden Jubilee - Enduring Impact

Post by kmaherali »

For enduring impact and benefit, I think for anything that we set out to achieve, the process has to be right. It is about process and not product. It is not WHAT we achieve but HOW. Are the intentions both collective and individual sound? Is there consensus? Are we hurting anybody in the process? Are we using ethical means of obtaining information, resources etc? In general is there unity?

In my opinion these are critical issues that we need to address.
shelyaz

Post by shelyaz »

:D How about taking an article from Ismaili newsletter from whenever, that is reflecting on an any given topic that is reflecting on our imam, which can be done in a hard copy.

I will touch on this more later.
zahirkarim

ONE WHOLE YEAR OF COMPLETE ATTENDANCE OF ALMOST 100% ISMAILI

Post by zahirkarim »

I want to add shamshtabrezs idea of pleasing Hazer Imam i.e. attendance of jamat khana. IF SOME BODY TELL COUNCILS ALL OVER THE WORD THAT o&shy;nE&nbsp;YEAR BEFORE THE GOLDEN JUBBILE i.e. JULY 11,2006 ANNOUNCE IN ALL JAMAT KHANAS THAT EVERY ISMAILY WILL ATTEND THE JAMAT KHANA BOTH TIMES UNTIL JULY 11, 2007 WITHOUT ANY HOLIDAY AS IF EVERY DAY IS AN ESPECIAL OCCASSION LIKE SATARA, NOROZ OR IMAT DAY. AND COUNCILS ALL OVER THE WORLD PRESENT THIER "REPORT OF JAMATS REGULAR ATTENDANCE" AS A SPRITUAL NAZRANA TO HAZER IMAM o&shy;n GOLDEN JUBBILE DAY RATHER THAN PRECIOUS WORLDLY MATTER THAT HAZER IMAM NEVER ASKED FOR AND EVEN PHYSICALLY EVER NEEDED. I think this will fulfil the requirement of doing and presenting something never done in the history of ismilism. This will prove tobe historical event of spritual present of "ONE WHOLE YEAR OF COMPLETE ATTENDANCE OF ALMOST 100% ISMAILIES."
Last edited by zahirkarim on Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nargisk3

Post by nargisk3 »

oh, that's such a beautiful idea! :D
_thaillestlunatic_

interesting ideas
however again I was thinking within the paramters of esoteric traditions
for example we can all improve jamatkhana attendance, further
advance our selves through ibadat and ultimately recognize the imamat
and his institutions. Maybe a hardcover book can be made with
all farmans, speeches, interviews and video clippings of MHI within the
past 25 years, and be published by our local ITREB boards.
sals

golden jubilee!!!

Post by sals »

ya ali madad to all!!!!!!!!!

am an ismaili frm india...

thot of jus sharing tht this thought of doingsomthg for golden jubliee is jus gr8!!!!!!!!
hop v all can do somthg really amazing to make our imam happy.
faisall667

Post by faisall667 »

I know what I am about to say is material, but I always wanted to give a gift to Hazir Imam. This gift would be an expensive replica of the Zulfiqar, with the incription in Arabic from the 3rd part of Dua "Ali is the hero and Zulfiqar is his sword" (something along those lines). Yeah well g2 go because class is about to start. I was thinking the metal would be gold---Golden Jubliee
ONiazi

Post by ONiazi »

Ya Ali madad!

I personally think a gift would be nice, but we could also do something a bit more.

Along with spirituality, "ilm" is also important. I think that for such a knowledgeable and wise Imam, a Jamaat-wide education program for children and adults would be fitting, teaching them the basic and advanced elements of the Ismaili religion, and helping them understand the religion through and through whereby they would be able to answer their own doubts and the accusations of enemies of the religion. In addition, this will cause greater love and understanding for the religion to bloom in the Ismailis' hearts.

Mowla hafiz,
ON
curious1

Post by curious1 »

I think that for such a knowledgeable and wise Imam, a Jamaat-wide education program for children and adults would be fitting, teaching them the basic and advanced elements of the Ismaili religion, and helping them understand the religion through and through whereby they would be able to answer their own doubts and the accusations of enemies of the religion. In addition, this will cause greater love and understanding for the religion to bloom in the Ismailis' hearts.

This is an excellent idea and could be a greatest gift a jamat could give to beloved Imam. I especially like the part of teaching the adults.
ShamshtabrezDhirani

Post by ShamshtabrezDhirani »

November 10, 2004

This idea seems to have been conceived from various Holy Farmans of our beloved Hazer Imam. Beginning this generation to all future generations it is of great importance that the understanding of our Holy religion and love for it is developed right from an early through the old age of every Ismaili.

Ismaili Tariqa and Religious Education Board and perhaps Institute of Ismaili Studies are two main bodies designated to carry out the functions globally. In reality it is the parents, teachers and caring educated youths, on a smaller but effective scale locally and larger scale globally, participate to propagate education in Ismailism in own household, friends and circles.

Flame – Source of Noor, Source of Light, Allah
Sparkle – Shine, Glitter, Twinkle, Soul, Creation

Flame – Hazer Imam is ‘the Soul’ of the whole Universe
Sparkle – Hazer Imam is ‘the Master’, ‘the Owner’ of ‘the Soul’

Soul – Hazer Imam gives ‘the Soul’ a ‘Human Form’. It is ‘a Gift of Love’

Hazer Imam loves His creation

Some of His creatures ‘Ismailis’ realize and acknowledge His Love. In return for ‘Love of His followers’, Hazer Imam guides Ismailis on Siratal Mustaqeem. Hazer Imam has the Knowledge and Authority of everything that contains in the Universe. He is the “Master of the Past, Present and Future”. There is nothing hidden from Him and He is hidden from everything.

Following Holy Farman exemplifies His nature of love: These Holy Farmans are quoted to revisit beloved Hazer Imam’s concern for all Ismaili souls. They are integral part of our lives on this earth.

His Love for the Jamats - “I want to assure you all that you are near me and ever present in my heart and thoughts. I have dedicated my life to the uplift and progress of the Ismailis all over the world, and I pray for all your happiness and success. Khanadvadan, Khanavadan.” Karachi, 4th August 1957.

Religion and Faith – “I would like you to understand that in this world, a man’s life is not worth the dust on the road unless he has faith. Unless he has faith, he will get nowhere and if he does get anywhere in this life, he will be unhappy afterwards, because without faith your life does not mean anything.” Karachi, 25th January 1958.

“In the minds of some, there may be one day some confusion as to the meaning and necessity for Faith, and if my spiritual children were ever to manage their lives in such a way as to come to believe that their minds create rather than having been created, and that their material comfort is such that spiritual humility is no longer warranted, I can tell you now that the true and real happiness which I pray it should be your blessing to experience, will never touch your hearts.” Karachi, 13th December 1964.

Guidance for Spiritual and Material happiness: “Not all of you will have success in this world. Many of you will have difficulties. There are two ways at least of reducing your difficulties. One way, I think, is by working hard. If you have a clean heart, if you come to Jamatkhana regularly and if you are regular in your duties, you will have great happiness, and no one can touch this happiness or take it from you.” Nairobi, 4th October 1962.

“You must have faith and love for religion. If you are in a bus of anywhere else and you are free from other obligations, say you prayers there and then, and take your Tasbih.” Dar-es-Salaam, 25th November 1957.

On “Time”: “I want you to remember that every time you look at a watch, every time you look at a clock, every time you see a hand move by one second or one minute, this means that you have one second or one minute less in which to fulfil this Farman. It is only the spiritual life, which is eternal, not the material life. And for those of you who are young and who tend to say, “I will fulfil this duty tomorrow”, tomorrow does not return. And for those of you who are old and who say: “I am too old to do this now”, remember that you are never too old, never too old; that so long as you are alive, everyday is a day that must be lived, and in that day you must fulfil your responsibilities to the best of your ability. So do not let time pass without being aware that once it has passed, it has gone forever. This is something you should all keep in mind.” Bombay, 27th November 1973.

Improving Religious Knowledge: “My beloved spiritual children, I am happy to see that your knowledge since I was last here and your understanding of both the Du’a and other suras of the Qur’an-e-Sharif is much better, much, much better. I would like you to go on improving your knowledge and your understanding of the Du’a and of those parts of the Qur’an-e-Sharif which are important to us in our everyday lives, in our understanding of our Faith.” Bombay, 9th November 1967.

Holy Ginans: “Many times I have recommended to my spiritual children that they should remember Ginans, that you should understand the meaning of these Ginans and that they should carry these meanings in their hearts.

It is most important that my spiritual children from wherever they may come should, through the ages and from generation to generation, hold to this tradition which is so special, so unique and so important to my Jamat.” Karachi, 16 December 1964.

ShamshtabrezDhirani – November 10, 2004
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

YAM,

The Farmans mentioned in the previous post are wonderful. They are universal in the sense that they are applicable to all our Jamats world wide and at all times. In my opinion if we can just reflect upon them and implement them to the best of our abilities in our individual lives, then that would be the greatest gift we can give MHI on his Golden Jubilee.

They should provide the basis or the blueprint upon which our Jamat can build a solid future for itself and indeed for mankind at large through ripple effect.
tasbiha

Re: Golden Jubilee - 2006

Post by tasbiha »

_thaillestlunatic_ wrote:YAM to all,

-----------------------
What does he really want?

He wants Ismailis in Ivy League Universities.
shamsu

Previous Imam

Post by shamsu »

Does anyone know what the Jamat did for Imam SMS's Golden Jubilee?
kmaherali

Re: Previous Imam

Post by kmaherali »

shamsu wrote:Does anyone know what the Jamat did for Imam SMS's Golden Jubilee?
I am not sure of what significance this may have today as the times and circumstances are very different. Nevertheless as a matter of reflection I will quote an excerpt from the Memoirs (Page 244) as:

"As 1935 drew to its close I went to Bombay to celebrate my Golden Jubilee as a hereditary Imam of the Ismailis. Half a century had passed since I, a small, shortsighted, solemn boy, surrounded by my bearded elders, had ascended the ghadi. The climax of the celebration was the ancient ritual of weighing me against gold. Earlier we had a special ladies' party at the Jamat Khana, at which my beloved mother sat on my right and my wife on my left. The actual weighing ceremony was both stately and heart stirring, evoking as it did strong currents of reciprocal affection between my followers and myself.

Our rejoicings, however, were cut short by the grievous news of the passing of my old, staunch, and good friend, the King Emperor, George V, who died at Sandringham in January 1936.....We immediately abandoned all further festivities out of respect to his memory, and I read out this brief statement to my assembled followers:

'I am deeply touched to hear the terrible news of the death of King-Emperor. I have decided to stop all activities in connection with my Golden Jubilee celebrations, except the purely religious rites. We are in deep mourning. I myself will wear black clothes, and my people will wear their national mourning dress. The King-Emperor was not only a great ruler, but he was in the true sense a great man. His Majesty was always most kind to me personally.'"
curious1

Post by curious1 »

I myself will wear black clothes, and my people will wear their national mourning dress.
Its not really very important but I would like to know the appropriate attire for Ismailis when in mourning? We wear white when we visit JK for ziyarat etc (black is almost always a taboo in JK even though Shia wears black for mourning) but above, Imam is mourning by wearing black. Any comments :?:

Please direct me if you have already discussed this somewhere, goshh, you guys have discussed a lot, I have just joined and I am still struggling to master this board :)