what is the history of momna jamat?
skaswani

Post by skaswani »

ya ali madad

momna Title was given by Imam Sultan Mohd. Shah Aga Khan
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

According to Brief history of Ismailism by Abu Ali :
"Pir Tajdin converted the peasants of Sidhpur, Gujarat and called them momna, the momineen."
agakhani

Momin/Momna Jamat's History: free of charge

Post by agakhani »

I have a book named "MOMAN JAMAT NO ITIHAS" written by MiyanjiBhai NoorMohammed, "RUHKASH" in Gujarati language, in this book he wrote about the history of Momin Jamat, (mostly residing 22 villages near Sidhpur at the time of their convertation as Ismaili,) their surnames, why they were converted in Ismaili religion from other Hindu tribes like Patel, Mochi, Luvana ?

this is a very valuable book to have in your library specially if you are Momana and like to know the history of your ancestors.

Also one Momin bhahi just wrote a new book named SIDHPUR NA SURVIRO in gujarati and English languages last month( January-2009)

this book also available free of charge to anybody if you interested please e-mail me I will mail it to you free of charge no shipping charge even not matter where you are living.

NOTE:-
As of today August 31, 2011, I ran out extra copies of above two publications, so please don't send any inquiry for these two books, however if you question about the " MOMNA JAMAT" or need more information about them please write your question in this forum or e-mail me directly.
Last edited by agakhani on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
altaf_sunesara

Yaa Ali Madad

Post by altaf_sunesara »

I am interested in this book please let me know if you are in US or in India

If you are india than I will send u my address or if possible can you email soft copy of it.
Thanks,
n
yaa ali madad.