Converts

Discussion on doctrinal issues
ethan.mustafa

Converts

Post by ethan.mustafa »

as-Salamu 'Alaykum Brothers/Sisters,

Would anyone know of any Converts I could speak to? Thanks.
zubair_mahamood

Re: Converts

Post by zubair_mahamood »

ethan.mustafa wrote:as-Salamu 'Alaykum Brothers/Sisters,

Wslm,

s u can talk to me.... my email id is zubair_mahamood@hotmail.com...
hunzai99

??

Post by hunzai99 »

can you tell us your story Mr. Zubair
milkfish25

Post by milkfish25 »

I am not a convert, but I do have a comment, or would like some direction, regarding education about the Ismaili beliefs. Like many, I was born Catholic, but never did practice my faith. Through conversations with a friend, I  have recently had an interest in the Ismaili faith but have not really found anything (online) that is easy to follow. I suppose I am looking for a starting point.
searcher

Post by searcher »

milkfish25 wrote:I am not a convert, but I do have a comment, or would like some direction, regarding education about the Ismaili beliefs. Like many, I was born Catholic, but never did practice my faith. Through conversations with a friend, I have recently had an interest in the Ismaili faith but have not really found anything (online) that is easy to follow. I suppose I am looking for a starting point.

Here's an excellent starting point: http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0583.html
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Also there are short articles online in our Library section at:

http://www.ismaili.net/inbysubj.html
SaminaNurali

Samina Tahir

Post by SaminaNurali »

though i am not a convert but i wish i cud convert. its the family resistance.

you can contact me at samina.tahir@gmail.com
YaAliYaMowla

Re: Samina Tahir

Post by YaAliYaMowla »

SaminaNurali wrote:though i am not a convert but i wish i cud convert. its the family resistance.

though i do not know your particular situation i would suggest that people always keep their mind on the end goal.. life is short. Hazir Imam creates paths for those who are genuine and keep strong imaan in Him.
From_Alamut

Re: Samina Tahir

Post by From_Alamut »

SaminaNurali wrote:though i am not a convert but i wish i cud convert. its the family resistance.

As-Salama-lykom and Ya Ali Madad

Please my friend SaminNurali, read about Pir Seyyendena Nasir-i Khusraw (Pbuh),his life, works and books. You will have all your answers fulfill according to Shia Ismailsm Muslim faith. He spend 7 years to find the[Yado-Allah], hand of Allah and finally found it in Egypt through his Imam of his time. I hope you do some research about him.

Kindest Regard
SaminaNurali

Ya Ali Madad

Post by SaminaNurali »

Sir, i need help.

i want to expand my knowledge on Ismailism. if some one can help me?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I think Ismaili.net is good and excellence source to learn Ismailisam, there are too many articles available on almost all subject in Ismaili. net. If you still need more literatures of Ismaili religion then you should contact with the local council or Tariqa Board where you are residing now and only the council/Tariqa Board can give you more information of your any question or if you need more detail of Ismaili religion or if you prefer to convert in Ismaili religion.
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

zubair_mahamood wrote:
ethan.mustafa wrote:as-Salamu 'Alaykum Brothers/Sisters,

Wslm,

s u can talk to me....
TheMaw

Post by TheMaw »

Ya Zubayr, where did you convert? I am living in Boston USA and am somewhat intimidated to contact the local jamatkhane. I don't speak any South Asian languages and I am informed the community is almost entirely Urdu and Swahili-speaking Indian-African emigrants to the US.

My inspiration for conversion is Ali S. Asani, who was a professor of mine and is an Ismaili scholar of some note. However, I am not in touch with him.

So... how did you find the experience? I fear the community, like all other Muslim ones in Boston, will look at me funny for my ethnic origin and will otherwise be somewhat, uh, offputting.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Ya Zubayr, where did you convert? I am living in Boston USA and am somewhat intimidated to contact the local jamatkhane. I don't speak any South Asian languages and I am informed the community is almost entirely Urdu and Swahili-speaking Indian-African emigrants to the US.

My inspiration for conversion is Ali S. Asani, who was a professor of mine and is an Ismaili scholar of some note. However, I am not in touch with him.

So... how did you find the experience? I fear the community, like all other Muslim ones in Boston, will look at me funny for my ethnic origin and will otherwise be somewhat, uh, offputting.

the maw, would you mind telling us your ethnicity and also what you used to practise before becoming an ismaili muslim ? iam just curious