Ajab ajaeb dekho moman bhai

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
Saima

Ajab ajaeb dekho moman bhai

Post by Saima »

<FONT face="book antiqua" size=3>Can anyone post the meaning of Ginan Ajab ajaeb dekho moman bhai?<BR>While I understand most of it, there are still some words that I need clarification o&shy;n. Thanks!</FONT>
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Eji Ajab ajaaeb dekho moman bhaai;
Kal-jug aayaa khottaa jire 1

1. 0 brother believer! The false era of Kaljug has come, behold its strange happenings.

Eji Pir saathe murid laddegaa;
baap kun maaregaa betaa jire 2

2. 0 brother! The disciple will quarrel with the master (spiritual guide) and the son will hit the father.

Eji Maanhe maanhe doe bandhava laddeege;
avar jaanne do godhaa jire 3

3. 0 brotherl Two brothers will fight amongst themselves, others will think them to be two bulls.

Eji Maai betti doe laddese;
ek bijaane kahese sokaa jire 4

4. 0 brotherl mother and daughter will quarrel and will call each other co-wife (or second wife).

Eji Saasu utthine paanni bharese;
vavar besi khaannu khaave jire 5

5. 0 brother! The mother-in-law will get up and fill water, the daughter-in-law will sit and have her meal.

Eji Nauv varsni naari falese;
ne baar varasno pursh jire 6

6. O brother! A nine year old girl and a twelve year old boy will attain adulthood.

Eji Do varannaa kaljug maan megh maanddaaese;
gaayaa be vaachhaddaa jannse jire 7

7. 0 brother! Two kinds of clouds will hover in Kaljug. A cow will give birth to two calves.

Eji Paheli foj-kun paanni milese;
duji foj-kun gaaraa jire 8

8. 0 brother! The first army will get water, the second mud.

Eji Triji joje khe uddse;
chothi foje sital chhaayaa jire 9

9. 0 brother! Dust will fly among the third army and the fourth army will get a cool shade.

Eji Paanch-mi foje Ali purakh chaddse;
lese te khannang tradhaaro jire 10

10. o brother! Mawla Ali (a.s) will manifest from the fifth army and (he) will carry a three edged sword.

Eji Nauvso navaannu nadiun nir gattese;
traajve tolaaese paanni jire 11

11. 0 brother! The water of nine hundred and ninety nine rivers will decrease and water will be weighed in scales.

Eji Ganniyaa daannaa tiyaare an-naa vechaaese;
ane puddie badhaaese aattaa jire 12

12. O brotherl The grains will be sold by counting them and flour
will be packed in packets.

Eji Ginaan mahaaras Pir bhannae Sadardin;
e sarve saachun kari jaanno jire 13

13. 0 brotherl Pir Sadardin (r.a) says this ginan full of wisdom,
understand all these facts to be true.

Translation taken from Ginans compiled by Zarina/Kamaludin Mohammad vol 4
Saima

Post by Saima »

Thanks once again! I have another question if you or anyone can help me with the clarifications of parts 8 to 12. I am trying to dissect these parts, but I can’t seem to go any deeper than the surface meanings for these parts.

Part 8-10: What do the 5 armies represent?
Part 11: Generally, the 21st century’s major issue was oil. For the 22nd century, it is said that the main issue will be water because water will end up being a scarce resource. Is this what the Pir is pointing towards?
Part 12: Need help!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Saima wrote:Thanks once again! I have another question if you or anyone can help me with the clarifications of parts 8 to 12. I am trying to dissect these parts, but I can’t seem to go any deeper than the surface meanings for these parts.

Part 11: Generally, the 21st century’s major issue was oil. For the 22nd century, it is said that the main issue will be water because water will end up being a scarce resource. Is this what the Pir is pointing towards?
You are welcome again! You have raised interesting and pertinent questions which prompted me to reflect deeper into the Ginan.

There are many ways of interpreting Ginans. That is the reason they have survived through centuries and continue to be a source of guidance and wisdom in our tradition even though the context in which they were first promulgated seem remote and sometimes out of sink with our times.

My interpretation of this Ginan is that it conveys an important and striking message: loss of values and morals (as reflected in verses 2-6) causes withdrawal of Divine blessings causing environmental disharmony, destruction and ruin (as reflected in verses 7, 11, and 12).

At all times there are forces of righteousness confronting forces of evil as reflected in verses 8 and 9. The former will get protection and blessings in the form of water to drink and cool shade to cover them against the weather related extremities; the latter will be cursed in the form of having mud to drink and dusty winds blowing against them. If things get out of hand Mawla Ali will manifest (verse 10), as he has done throughout history.
kforkarim

Post by kforkarim »

kmaherali wrote:
Saima wrote:Thanks once again! I have another question if you or anyone can help me with the clarifications of parts 8 to 12. I am trying to dissect these parts, but I can’t seem to go any deeper than the surface meanings for these parts.

You are welcome again! You have raised interesting and pertinent questions which prompted me to reflect deeper into the Ginan.

There are many ways of interpreting Ginans. That is the reason they have survived through centuries and continue to be a source of guidance and wisdom in our tradition even though the context in which they were first promulgated seem remote and sometimes out of sink with our times.

My interpretation of this Ginan is that it conveys an important and striking message: loss of values and morals (as reflected in verses 2-6) causes withdrawal of Divine blessings causing environmental disharmony, destruction and ruin (as reflected in verses 7, 11, and 12).

At all times there are forces of righteousness confronting forces of evil as reflected in verses 8 and 9. The former will get protection and blessings in the form of water to drink and cool shade to cover them against the weather related extremities; the latter will be cursed in the form of having mud to drink and dusty winds blowing against them. If things get out of hand Mawla Ali will manifest (verse 10), as he has done throughout history.
Yaa Ali Madad,

I am not a scholar but from my understanding of part 12 is just as follows, grain (grehow- chawal- rice) which we make out of it will be sold as counted, as we buy the bags of ice in lbs or pounds, and flour which is (aata) be sold in packets, which is sold in market in packets today.

You mentioned about water outage, which some countries have already seen affected. Although the world is surrounded with 2/3 rd's water, but still see how such outage appear's in some parts of the world with no access of natural source of water nearby.

I am still trying to figure out for 5 armies, and I haven't heard any such content is waiz yet, maybe in some other ginan's it is mentioned in details which will be nice to read about it.

It is amazing as of how I was listening to abu aly's waiz today and he mentioned 3 to 4 kaljug's sign as same from this content. I am sure there will be more sign's but do we really need to figure out if kaljug have appeared or it more to come? The most stunning part of the reality is the process of Imam's activities within the world, HIS achievements and productivity has just amazingly grown to extreme means and I keep praying it keep on continue like this. Ameen. I think even the recognition of Imam in kaljug is also represented in our ginan's. I am trying to locate such ginan with talks about how Imam will rise in kaljug and his signs.
From karim's reply I did get the portion from part 8 and 9, but still just trying to allocate the 5 armies.

Thank you.