Life after Death

Discussion on doctrinal issues
change786

Life after Death

Post by change786 »

Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam)'s saying denote clearly that the dead persons are much alive, although their lives are very different from those of ours. Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallaam) said: "Breaking the bones of the dead person is like breaking the bones whilst he was alive."

"Do not trouble the man of the grave. "

When a person dies , he enters a world called "Barzakh", even if he might be buried or cremated. His sense and ability of comprehending remains intact. Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) stated :

"When the dead body is placed on the bier , and the people carry it towards the graveyard,the virtuous one urges them to move faster, but when, the dead is a sinner, he cries "where is my family members taking me"
He further added,"Every creature, except human beings, hears to his wailings ; if a human being should hear it, he is bound to fall unconscious."

What happens to a person between his death and the Day of Qiyamaat is called "Barzakh" which literally means screen and fence.

Since dead bodies are generally buried, the term, "Grave" is generally used for all. Hence even those persons who are cremated or drown remain alive in Barzakh. In reality reward and punishment are related and connected to the soul, and Allaah Ta'aala has the definite power of granting reward and punishment by collecting even the burnt particles and molecules.

A certain person committed numerous sins. On the verge of death, he bequeathed his sons that after his death his body should be burnt to ashes; half of the ashes be spread on the land and the other half be thrown into the sea. Having left this will (testament) he remarked:

"If Allaah overpowers me and He restores me life He will render me the worst and severest punishment ever given to anyone."

When he died, his sons acted as instructed. Then Allaah Ta'aala ordered the sea to collect all the particles of his body, and the sea complied with His Order, and the land did the same when ordered. After having assembled all the particles He revived him. Later on he was asked:

"Why did you leave such a will?".
"O Rabb I did so due to your fear," He submitted.
Thereafter Allaah Ta'aala forgave him.

"When a person dies his kith and kin who died, surround him in Barzakh and express their joys and delight more than they did when greeting a person from abroad in the world."

"Unbelievers are not permitted to talk with each other "
Someone enquired whether the dead could speak, he answered :
"Yes, and they also visit each other."

"One who is not a Believer is not allowed to talk to the dead."
"Do the dead speak too?" Someone enquired .
"Yes, of course!" said Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and added. "They also visit each other."

"O Rasul of Allaah! Do the dead persons recognise each other?"
He replied: "The virtuous souls are embodied in green birds in Heaven."
"Now if the birds could recognise each other why not the souls?"

"Man loves his life while death is better for him."

Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) further added ; "Man regards death as detestable, although death is better than mischiefs. Thus as soon as he dies, he is secure from the mischiefs of the world."

"One day we accompanied Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to a graveyard with the bier of an Ansari. When we reached the graveyard we found that the grave was not yet ready. Therefore, Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam), sat down and we also followed him and sat down in a manner as if birds were sitting on our heads."(1)

At that time Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had a stick in his blessed hand and he was scratching the earth with it (as a sad person does). In the meantime he raised his head and observed.

"Seek refuge from the punishment of the grave." He repeated these words twice or thrice, and then added:
Undoubtedly, when a Believer is about to leave the world and move towards the Aakhiraat, angels whose white faces are bright as the sun approach him from the heavens . They bring a scented heavenly shroud with them. These angels are in such a large quantity that they are visible as far as his eyes could see. Thereafter Hadhrat Izra'il (the Angel of Death) arrives and sits down at the head of his bedstead and says:

"O pure and virtuous soul! Proceed to the forgiveness and favour of Allaah Ta'aala." Thus his soul comes out of his body so easily and smoothly as drops of water come flowing of a water container. Then the Angel of Death takes the soul in his hands and all of them ascend towards the heaven with the scented shroud. Concerning this perfume, Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) commented :

"It is like the best musk perfume that could be found on this earth."

Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam)further observed:

"When the angels begin ascending towards the heaven, groups of angels coming in the way enquire about the virtuous soul and the angels carrying the soul reply in well-chosen beautiful words revealing that he is the son of so and so. Thus they reach the first level of the heaven and request for the opening of the door. The door is opened and they go with the soul and after crossing one level of heaven after another, reach the seventh one. At this junction Allaah Ta'aala commands that his name be written in the Book of virtuous men and take him back to the earth because He has created man from the earth. I shall take him out from the same earth. Thus, his soul is returned to his body. Thereafter, two angels approach him, make him sit and ask him, "Who is your Rabb?" he replies, "My Rabb is Allaah." Then they ask him, "Which is your 'Deen' (religion)?" He replies, "My 'Deen' is Islaam." Then they ask, "Who is this (man) who was sent to you?" He replies, "This is the Rasul of Allaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam)." Thereafter, they ask him, "What is your action ?" He replies, "I recite the Book of Allaah, believe and affirmed that." At this a proclaimer (of Allaah) proclaims from the heaven, "My servant has spoken the truth". Thus is spread the Heavenly bed for him, make him wear heavenly garments and fling open the door to heaven for him. Thus the door to heaven is thrown open which brings fragrance of Heaven to him. And his grave is widened so much so that he sees as far as his sight goes."
Thereafter, a man with a handsome face, fine dress and sweet fragrance comes and informs him the good news that this is the day of which he was promised ."Who are you?" he will ask adding "your face is worthy of seeing and bringing glad tidings ." He will say, "I am your righteous actions ."

After that he says out of utmost joy, "O Rabb! Establish the Day of Qiyamaat-(Resurrection) so that I come in contact with my family and belonging."

The Gates of heaven shall not be opened for those who have denied and scorned Our Revelations; nor shall they enter Jannat- (Paradise) until a camel shall pass through the eye of a needle."

Thereafter, Allaah Ta'aala instructs the angels to have his name written in the Book of the Wicked Souls which is at the bottom of the earth. Thereafter, Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) recited the following ayah:

"He who associates others with Allaah is like him who falls from heaven and is snatched away by the birds or carried by the wind to some far-off region." [Q.22:31]

Thereafter, his soul is returned to his body and two angels come to him, seat him up and ask him, "Who is your Rabb?" He replies. "Alas! I do not know." He is then asked. "Which is your 'Deen'?" He again replies, "Alas, I do not know." He is further asked, "Which is this image?" He replies once again, "Alas, I do not know." After this question - answer session is over, a proclaimer from the sky proclaims, "He has spoken lies ."(2) Spread fire under his body and fling the door of Hell open for him." (This order is immediately executed ). He feels the heat and force of Hell. His grave is narrowed so much so that his ribs are pressed so firmly and harshly that they change their positions . Then an ugly man wearing very course and stinking cloth comes to him and says: " I have very terrifying news for you." He will ask, "Who are you? Your face shows that you are the bearer of bad news."

He will reply, "I am you bad actions ."Thus out of fear for the punishment he will say, O Rabb, do not establish the Day of Resurrection."

"When a dead body is placed in the grave it is made to sit without causing fear and the following questions are put to it:

"What was your 'action ' (in the world)?" He replies. "I have embraced Islaam." He is then asked, "Who is he (according to your Faith)?" He replies, "He is Muhammad, the Rasul of Allaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam). He came to us with open miracles and we affirmed them." He is asked again, "Have you seen Allaah?" He replies, "Nobody can see Allaah (How could then I see?)"

Thereafter, a window is opened towards Hell and he looks at Hell and finds that burning flames are eating each other. After that he is told how Allah saved him from the punishment of fire. Then a window is opened which brings the Heaven in sight and he looks at Heaven. Thereupon he is told that this Heaven is his abode because he remained alive on Faith and died on the same Faith and Allaah willing, he will be raised from the grave on the day of Resurrection on the same Faith.

Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"The unbelieving person, when made to sit, looks embarrassed in his grace. He is then asked, "Which 'Deen' did you follow?" He replies, I do not know." Thereafter he is asked about Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam: "Who is he (according to your faith)?" He replies, "I have to say what others have said, "Following this he is shown Heaven and views at the Blessings and Boons of Allaah Ta'aala. After that he is told , " You are deprived of all these because of your disobedience to Allaah. Thereafter the ventilator towards Hell is opened and when he sees terrifying flames eating each other he will be told , "This is your abode. Because you lived in doubt, died in doubt and Allaah willing, you will be raised from your grave on the same belief."

Rasulullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"When the dead is placed in the grave, two angels, dark-complexioned and blue-eyed turn up; one of them is called 'Munkir' and the another 'Nakir'. Both of them will ask him , "What do you say about him (who was sent to you)?" In case he is a Believer he will say. "He is the servant and the Rasul of Allaah; I bear witness that there is none worthly of worship save Allaah." Having heard this, they say," We are sure you will reply like this." Thereafter his grave is widened seventy cubits and lighted from within. He will then want to go and narrate his condition to his family members. The angels then tell him (he cannot go from there) but to sleep like a bride whom nobody can awake except her husband."

When the dead person is a hypocrite (or an infidel), he will reply to Munkir and Nakir, "I said what I have heard others say; I know nothing more than that." The angels will then say, "We were sure that you will reply such." Thereafter the earth is ordered to punish him by squeezing him . The earth carried out the command and he suffers punishment inside the grave till he is raised from the grave on the Day of Resurrection.
The above ahadith proves it clearly that during the period of Barzakh every person will maintain his senses as he had during his life in the world.

Allaah Ta'aala says:

"Allaah strengthens the Faithful with (His) steadfast Word, both in this life and the Aakhiraat." [Q. 14:27]

This according to haidth of the prophet mohamed pbuhf Any one with more information of life after death according to the Imam of time and Imams before him is welcomed to post .