"A Quest on The Enlightenment and Ultimate TRUTH"

Past or Present customs and their evolution
From_Alamut

"A Quest on The Enlightenment and Ultimate TRUTH"

Post by From_Alamut »

How can an Ismaili Muslim reach his/her destination, I mean the Enlightenment, the Fana Fillah(Extinction of the self in God), the unity with God, the annihilation of self in the Beloved?

I heard there is so many ways to reach our destination, just like you can E-mail in one place by various e-mail.

Brothers and Sisters, please forgive me if I am asking such a dangerous question, but it is just I want to learn from my Jamat what they think of their destination and how can they afford to reach there, so Inshallah if Allah will one day we all will reach our destination like our great Pirs and Dia, Hujjat......

Our Imam(Khudavan) of the time, always wants US, His JAMAT to reach their Destination.
Last edited by From_Alamut on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
From_Alamut

Re: "A Quest on The Enlightenment"

Post by From_Alamut »

Ya Ali Madad and Salam

Can an Ismaili Muslim live an ascetic life that in order he go on quest of his inner to achiever his salvation I mean the Enlightenment? Is there any Holy "Farman" of our "Imams" which refer to that article about Fana Fillah? If there is any, please share it here........

Kindest Regard
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ismailis can achieve the status of ‘Fana-fi-Allah’ without actually needing to live a life of an ascetic or a monk. Real ascetics are those who while living in this material world, are detached from it; hence even while working they are constantly aware of their purpose as per the Ginanic verse: sute betthe bhai raha chalante, so naam sahib ji ko lijie meaning ‘while sleeping, sitting, or walking along the path, take the name of the Lord’.

In his recent GJ Farmans, MHI stressed the need to remember God at all times, and hence participate in the search which is the essence of our tariqah. The real Ibadat i our tariqah is to obey the Imam.
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

kmaherali wrote:Ismailis can achieve the status of ‘Fana-fi-Allah’ without actually needing to live a life of an ascetic or a monk. Real ascetics are those who while living in this material world, are detached from it; hence even while working they are constantly aware of their purpose as per the Ginanic verse: sute betthe bhai raha chalante, so naam sahib ji ko lijie meaning ‘while sleeping, sitting, or walking along the path, take the name of the Lord’.

In his recent GJ Farmans, MHI stressed the need to remember God at all times, and hence participate in the search which is the essence of our tariqah. The real Ibadat i our tariqah is to obey the Imam.
Kmaherali brother, I beg you don't stop at that point and please kept continue give more information about that I mean give me more prove on that topic. I never heard in during my life time that any Ismaili esoteric muslim really advanced in that level of'Fana-fi-Allah. I only heard from our past history such as our Hujjats, Dias, pirs and a few pious Ismailis reached that level. In modern world today, it's not easy for one to reach in that level, because of illusion of the world,luck of knowledge, wealth and power. Now day, it is very hard for one to manage their ego, instead their ego manage themselves. That is what I am really against at. A Sufi can easily manage their ego and take control over them. The Holy Prophet ( Peace be upon him and his family) said "Die before you die".
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

From_Alamut wrote:I never heard in during my life time that any Ismaili esoteric muslim really advanced in that level of'Fana-fi-Allah. I only heard from our past history such as our Hujjats, Dias, pirs and a few pious Ismailis reached that level. In modern world today, it's not easy for one to reach in that level, because of illusion of the world,luck of knowledge, wealth and power. Now day, it is very hard for one to manage their ego, instead their ego manage themselves. That is what I am really against at. A Sufi can easily manage their ego and take control over them. The Holy Prophet ( Peace be upon him and his family) said "Die before you die".
At present MHI has discouraged people from articulating their experiences lest they be misconstrued by the people. So it will be very rare for murids to proclaim that they have experienced the light. However until recently there have been enlightened murids who felt compelled to share their knowledge and understanding through private gatherings. I have attended sessions where these kind of discourses have taken place. So yes there are murids even today who are enlightened. There is a Farman of MSMS in which he states that there are always 313 momins in this world. There is a thread on in at:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 313+momins
arshad1988

Post by arshad1988 »

Did they actually tell you that they were englightened? If they did not, how would you know?

I would be rather skeptic about it, as if they were told by Firman not to share their experiences about it, are they following it?

Please elaborate, elucidate.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

arshad1988 wrote:Did they actually tell you that they were englightened? If they did not, how would you know?

I would be rather skeptic about it, as if they were told by Firman not to share their experiences about it, are they following it?

Please elaborate, elucidate.
Yes they would not broadcast 'over the roof tops' so to speak, but if it is a small gathering of serious seekers they will reveal some aspects of their experiences and then the kind of knowledge they give and the peace they radiate makes one feel that they are indeed elevated souls.

The intention is not vanity but rather to guide genuine seekers....
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim Norms for Higher Enlightenment as
Prescribed by Khudavan Imam Mustansir Bi'l-lah II (a.s) in (Pir)
'Pandiyat-i Jawanmardi' (Advices of Manliness)

http://salmanspiritual.com/docs/ismaili ... _norms.pdf
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

After I have been reading the Holy Farman of Kudavan Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah(as) and our Beloved Present Kudavan of the Time...I have come up with so many question specially on the request of the enlightenment.... I am sure everyone will have different way of experiencing the enlightenment, but the all are the same path....

I have come up with a couple of questions and please everyone is welcome to answer these question only according to their knowledge and comprehension, also please feel free to ask any of those questions in this forum only which are related to Spiritualism...... These question, I have been always asking myself and I believe we can only get these answers through asking Hazar Imam or through his Holy Farman and also we can get these answers in the morning Jamat Khana's Zikir-----Meditation......... 3:30 A.M.........

In the name of God, the most compassionate and the most merciful
1. Who is my creator?
2. Who am I and to whom do I belong?
3. Where did I come and where shall I return?
4. In what cause has God Created us?
5. Why did God send me upon this earth?
6. Where were we earlier?
7. Where shall I go after death?
8. When we die, what explanation will we be giving on the Day of Judgment?
9. Where will we be in hereafter?
10. How were we in the womb of our mother? In what state was our soul? What were we doing then?
11. Where am I today?
12. Why am I a prisoner in this cage of flesh and bones?
13. Where is my true homeland? And how will it be? And how shall I reach there?

Hazrat Pir Saddardin Saheb (pbuh) said in one of his Ginan-e-Sharif, “That path is very dangerous, and it is impossible to travels without a guide. But if the Guide is there, then one indeed achieves Eternity.”