PARIS, FRANCE dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
S_s_S

Deedar Time

Post by S_s_S »

Does anyone know if deedar will be in the morning or afternoon on the 11th.
AlyMadad

Re: Deedar time

Post by AlyMadad »

londoner wrote:AlyMadad

You say Deedar may happen around 3pm. Is this information from a fairly reliable source? Does anyone else have any information on the time? I'm hearing it may be in the morning, but am hoping it will be the afternoon.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks
Dear Londiner,
There is no fairly reliable source except Our Beloved MHI, No one else even LIF can give you exact time without his permission.
So we will get exact time from His permession soon. That is my guess (afternoon).
rabilobilo

Deedar time

Post by rabilobilo »

-
-

Deedar Thursday afternoon.

Time not determined.
Information follow as soon as possible.

* * * * * GOLDEN JUBILEE DARBAR MUBARAK to You and your Familly * * * * *

-
-
No_problem

France becomes the partner of the Aga Khan Foundation

Post by No_problem »

Bernard Kouchner and Prince Aga Khan signed on December 9 a partnership agreement between France and the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), which includes a dozen private development agencies.

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/action ... 69220.html
zeeshan30

REGISTRATION HELP

Post by zeeshan30 »

hi guys<BR>i am fortunate enough to be going to France tomorrow,<BR>however, o&shy;ne small problem.<BR>i registered 10 days ago, but i am now attempting to follow the link from my email to print/get my confirmation number to take with me. however, it is not allowing me to do so, saying the webpage is not there!<BR>how do i get this sorted?<BR>anyone else having this problem?<BR>is the website down?<BR>look forward to your responses<BR>thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Updates from theismaili.org

Monday, 8 December 2008

Mawlana Hazar Imam, Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain and others in the audience applaud the performance of A Mystical Journey in Paris. Photo: Gary Otte

Mawlana Hazar Imam commenced his Golden Jubilee visit to France by taking in A Mystical Journey: Musique Soufie et Autres Expressions the Dévotion en Islam at Théâtre Mogador in Paris. Hazar Imam was joined by Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain, leaders from the Government of France and members of French society, as well as senior Jamati leaders from France and abroad.

A Mystical Journey is a Golden Jubilee International Programme featuring artists from Algeria, Bosnia, Iran, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Syria performing music from various Sufi and other esoteric traditions of Islam. Though different in form, these acts of devotion are common in their peaceful search for the divine and represent the pluralistic traditions and mystical unity among different communities of interpretation within the Muslim world. The 8 December performance was its French premiere; a second show is scheduled for 12 December.

Also see the article A Mystical Journey is on its way to Paris.
Mawlana Hazar Imam is commemorating his Golden Jubilee in France at the invitation of the Government. During this period, Mawlana Hazar Imam will grant a final Golden Jubilee Darbar in Paris for the French jurisdiction Jamats. Hazar Imam will also consult with senior government and civic officials on potential areas of collaboration with the Ismaili Imamat and the Aga Khan Development Network.

Additional photos are available in the gallery. Further details on Mawlana Hazar Imam’s visit to France will continue to be posted at TheIsmaili.org.

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/639/France-visit
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received...

Yasmin and I decided to come to Paris at the last minute for the Final
GJ Darbar.
The mood here is very Festive and Everyone is in great spirits.
Meeting people from all over the world we haven't seen for a long
time, including of course, hoards of Candians.
The Paris Jamat while small (1500?) Has done an absolutely outstanding
job of Hosting the world Ismailies. They are genuinely happy to see
the International Jamat.
They have been feedig us lunch and Dinner since 9th.
The venue Parc Des Exposition-is Superb and can probably fit 4 times
as many people-near the airport and connected to the trains. We stayed
downtown, which was great.

Mubaraki!!
Hazar Imam just left with Noorani family after spending over 2.5
hours at the Hall.
Princes Amin, Rahim, Hussein, Princesses Zahara and Khalya!!
This was once in a lifetime Didar and Shukhar we made.
You and family were is our prayers and thoughts during the Didar.
HI and his Family arrived in 2 cars and came in to the hall after
spending 15 minutes in the lounge.
He was walking so fast to come to the Darbar Hall the family almost
had to run to keep up.
After about 15 minutes of walking on the runner they went on the stage.
He Joked that He was so happy to see the big posters on the roads as
he drove in welcoming him and congartulating him on the GJ. But "did
you know that behind the posters there is a Big Prison? And after that
there is Disneyland!!
I love to laugh with my Jamat.
Made Firman in French and a longer one in English.
Dua is starting so just wanted to get this out to you
salmanali786

Post by salmanali786 »

Thank you maherali... dying to hear more from you soon in detail .. thanks for the update.

kmaherali wrote:As received...

Yasmin and I decided to come to Paris at the last minute for the Final
GJ Darbar.
The mood here is very Festive and Everyone is in great spirits.
Meeting people from all over the world we haven't seen for a long
time, including of course, hoards of Candians.
The Paris Jamat while small (1500?) Has done an absolutely outstanding
job of Hosting the world Ismailies. They are genuinely happy to see
the International Jamat.
They have been feedig us lunch and Dinner since 9th.
The venue Parc Des Exposition-is Superb and can probably fit 4 times
as many people-near the airport and connected to the trains. We stayed
downtown, which was great.

Mubaraki!!
Hazar Imam just left with Noorani family after spending over 2.5
hours at the Hall.
Princes Amin, Rahim, Hussein, Princesses Zahara and Khalya!!
This was once in a lifetime Didar and Shukhar we made.
You and family were is our prayers and thoughts during the Didar.
HI and his Family arrived in 2 cars and came in to the hall after
spending 15 minutes in the lounge.
He was walking so fast to come to the Darbar Hall the family almost
had to run to keep up.
After about 15 minutes of walking on the runner they went on the stage.
He Joked that He was so happy to see the big posters on the roads as
he drove in welcoming him and congartulating him on the GJ. But "did
you know that behind the posters there is a Big Prison? And after that
there is Disneyland!!
I love to laugh with my Jamat.
Made Firman in French and a longer one in English.
Dua is starting so just wanted to get this out to you
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

France and AKDN in Agreement on Development

Please also see the official press release on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website and Photographs.

Paris, France, 9 December 2008 - His Highness the Aga Khan and Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner signed a partnership agreement for development at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The agreement builds on a number of successful AKDN projects to which the French government, French institutions and French companies have contributed. Collaborations have included Roshan telecommunications and the French Medical Institute in Afghanistan and the Bujagali hydroelectric plant in Uganda.

The official press release mentions a common vision of development: the necessity of long-term engagement, the participation in development of local communities and the importance of integrating economic development with social development.

http://www.akdn.org/press_release.asp?ID=701
newyorker

Post by newyorker »

Prince Amyn, Prince Hussein, Prince Rahim, Princess Zahra, and Princess Khaliya all accompanied Hazir Imam to the darbar. They waited as the bottom of the stage as Hazir Imam took his seat then walked up the sets and took their seats. Imam gave his farman in French and then English. For first time gave a timetable to the global recession, 2-3 years. Joked about happy to see the signs on the highway saying welcome, but that there was a sign behind that saying prison, and behind that saying disney land. During the presenations of gifts to the Noorani family, you could see Imam on the screen trying to see the presents. He joked when returned to the stage jokingly saying he could not see the presents but would see them later when family left, to which the Jamat laughed. He focused on thanking the volunteers for their dedication during the jubilee period. Joked that the good thing about not being a jamati leader close to him is that you do not have to go through pressure and that the Imam is watching them under his eye, and that the work of the other volunteers work all he sees is how great their work is and not the mistakes. After Imam left he went to see the Rays of Light exhibition which is connected to the hall. People started getting rowdy and getting up before they should have so they put a live feed of the exhibition on the big screen. It was great to see the Imam with his family seeing old pictures of himself. One of them, he stopped for quite a bit of time at and was pointing them out to people next to him. There was a moment where the Jamat started laughing when the Imam and Noorani family sat down at the exhibition one one by on a couch at the exhibition. Wanted to give details of the exciting darbar to those that could not make it. Left out points made in farman since you will hear that anyways in Jamat Khana. Ya Ali Madad
Saima

Post by Saima »

Thank you kmaherali and newyorker for sharing the posts regarding the France Darbar. Impatiently waiting for more from those who had the privelege to attend the last Golden Jubilee Darbar :)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received...

At 5 mins to 2pm the intezari programme started. Around 2 pm, the waezin who was in the middle of his waez was rudely interrupted - well his mike was switched off. Then Paris Darkhana's mukhi, mikhiani, kamadia and kamadiani [M/K/M/K] along with the president of the council [can't remember if the VP was there on stage] walked on stage. President announced in French at first that he had just now received a message from MHI to say that he was coming AVEC SON FAMILLIE! And those who understood French started clapping. He repeated the announcement in English and then the clapping grew louder. He then announced the names of the members who were to accompany MHI: Prince Amyn Mohammed, Prince Rahim, Princes Zahra, Prince Hussein and Princess
Khaliya. By now everyone was excited!

At 4:05 MHI arrived with Prince Amyn Mohammed followed by Prince Rahim and Princess Zahra in the second car and Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya in the 3rd car.

They entered and met the LIF members and council members and M/K/M/K. All the Nurani family members were in their GJ outfits. MHI changed from his usual blue suit into his GJ outfit. [I wonder if he teased them because he didn't have to wear it a long as they did].

MHI walked into the hall, followed by M/K, followed by Prince Amyn Muhammed and Prince Rahim who were followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya who was followed by Princess Zahra and she was followed by M ma/K ma. The usual proceedings too place and then the President for the French Council made a speech in French and he wished MHI a happy Birthday at the beginning of the speech.

MHI started his Firman at 4:50 and he said that he would do part of his
Firman in French and part in English. He started in French.

FRENCH FIRMAN [my understanding of it].

He was very happy to be there. A durbar is a very important occasion for
him. He has his family with him as they work with him. He gave his
paternal and maternal blessings to the jamat and blessings to the Ruhani.
French Durbar was important as it is a European country, a pluralistic
country, an extra-ordinaire. French Durbar was important because the Imamat had started in Arabia, then moved to Magrib [Egypt], then to Africa [Tunisia], then to the east [Syria, Iran, Central Asia], Asia and then to France in Europe. AKDN had signed an agreement with France to work in other countries. [Countries in brackets are added by me].

ENGLISH FIRMAN
Leaders who have worked with MHI in the past are here today. He wanted the past leaders to know that their Imam remembers them.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PAST 50 YEARS
1. Strengthen the tariqah of Shia Ismaili Islam and to strengthen the
pluralism that existed in the jamat.
2. Strengthen the relationship between Shia Ismaili Islam and with other
tariqahs of Islam.
3. Countries where the jamat lives he wanted them to become countries of
opportunities.
During his Golden Jubilee travels he found that the Ismaili community is
highly respected so "MUBARAKI TO MURIDS".
To continue progress we must gain knowledge and share knowledge as this is important for decades ahead.

He was grateful to the murids who had offered TIME AND KNOWLEDGE NAZRANA.
He was also grateful to the murids who had offered material nazrana.

OBJECTIVES OF THE GOLDEN JUBILEE

1. Looking at institutions to see which ones need to be strengthened to
serve the jamat.

2. To eradicate poverty in the jamat. On 13th Dec he will review this with
his leaders.

3. To help the aged so that they can live a quality and honourable life. He
would review this with his leaders on 13th December.

To overcome the tough times, we must remember the Ethics of our Faith.
Physical life is limited and spiritual life is not limited. Keep a tasbih
with you and call on Allah, on Ali and on Imams. [Here he was talking too
fast for me to write everything]. Our ethics tell us to help the poor, come
together and benefit from each other, come together in honesty.
Particularly important in the next 2 to 3 years to live carefully and be
spend thrift.

Durbar is an occasion to have fun.
On the highway MHI saw a welcome sign and he said that behind the welcome sign was a prison and behind the prison was DISNEYLAND!
He said: "I like laughing with my jamat".
He gave us blessings: for long life, good health, happiness, unity in the
family, mushkil asaan. [Couldn't keep up with him at this stage].
He accepted Mehmani and fruit, niaz, suko mevo. French Jamat gave him a ceramic TILE. They also had gift for all the Nurani members.
He got up to say thank you and more blessings. He also said "I was trying
to see what gifts my family members were getting but I couldn't see. So as soon as they get out I will see what they've received". Here he was
laughing.

He gave Blessing to all the volunteers. [Given in English and not in French
- many French volunteers did not speak or understand English].
He said that those who work closest with the Imam have the greatest pressure because they are "under my eyes". He was laughing again.
He said as one jamat whatever is different you RESPECT and what is same you WELCOME. Jamat from all over the world.

He gave blessings again. He said remember, I may not be with you physically but you are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers.
No desert, river, mountain or boundaries can separate the Imam from the
Jamat.

He finished his Firman here at 5:15 and walked down the steps. Walked
through the hall again.

He then went alone to talk to non Ismaili spouses and someone we know who was there said that he spoke in French all the time so she did not
understand a word. He was given a mike to speak to the spouses.
Then he went with the entire family to see RAY OF LIGHT EXHIBITION which is about his life. This exhibition will tour everywhere and if it comes to your countries do see it. We were told by the organisers that there will be material produced to accompany the exhibition. At the moment there is
nothing. MHI was in the exhibition for a while.

MHI left the durbar hall with Princess Zahra, followed by Prince Amyn
Mohammed and Prince Rahim, followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya.

DEEDAR MUBARAK TO EVERYONE AND SALGIRAH MUMBARAK TO EVERYONE.

MJ

***Forward***
-------------------
Shaffin and the family were in Paris and had a wonderful deedar.
I thought I'd share it with you.

Mubaraki to you and your family,
Zahra
To Zahra, Immediate & Related Families, and all Friends:

Just came back from Darbar and I couldn't wait to email my experience.
We had the best seats right at the entrance/exit front row red carpet.
As Hazar Imam walked in we were sitting to his left, I was the 4th person
from the entrance and to my left was Hanif, Nirshaz Bhabi, Karim and Malik.

To the left of Malik there was three more people and that was the corner
of the red carpet splitting in two direction, one was for Mowla to continue
walking straight to the end of the other side of the hall and the other
turning left to our backside. Our backside was a very small area for special needs there were medical beds right behind us and only five beds. Their feet were right at the red carpet that went along our back side and their heads were reclined upwards so that they can see Mowla Bapa if he walked through that way which I'll get to later. To the left of where we were sitting on the other side of the red carpet was for people that came with their own wheelchairs, we also got mom a spot on the front row red carpet, only 3 chairs away from where the carpet splits in two directions.

Mowla Bapa entered and walked straight threw he did not turn left in
the special needs area but to the other end, he walked alot as usual. He
was followed by Mukhi & Kamadia Sahebs, followed by Prince Amin-Mohamed on the left and Prince Rahim on the right side by side, followed by Prince Hussein and his wife Princess Khaliya side by side, followed by Princess Zahra by herself. Prince Hussein seems to have a bad leg because he was walking with a limp. I also noticed Prince Hussein every little while would turn slightly to see if his big sister is ok behind him, and I also noticed Princess Zahra a third way throught their walk elegantly removed her sari/scarf from over her head leaving top exposed so that you can see her hair with her usuall conservative hair wrapped up in a bun. When Hazar Imam reached his seat the rest of his family climbed the stairs with Hazar Imam's very suddle gesture inviting his family. Prince Amin-Mohammed sat to Hazar Imam's right and Prince Rahim to his right. On Hazar Imam's left I saw Princess Khaliya take the first chair then Prince Hussein then Princess Zahra to his left. Somehow within seconds or a minute when I wasn't payings attention I didn't see the exchange but I noticed Princess Khaliya and Princess Zahra had exchanged seats, so Princess Zahra was sitting closest to
Mowla Bapa then Prince Hussein in the middle and Princess Khaliya to
his left.

Hazar Imam started with French and for those of you who speak it would
have loved it. A lot of the jamati ceramonies and prayers are in French.
When it came to the English part he started by saying "I know most of the
jamat speaks English" with a big smile and the jamat very suddely and
quietly giggled. I won't get into his message I'm sure in good time we will
all hear it again in our respective jamatkhana's, however I would like to
share two of his jokes during his message.

The first joke he said when he was on his way to the Darbar hall on the
highway he noticed beautiful signs welcoming him and then he saw a sign
for the closest prison with an arow pointing in the direction of the
prison.

You can feel the jamat just wanting to burst out in laughter but were
composed enough to be conservative with a light laughter. He continued
and said after passing that sign he say another sign for Disneyland with
an arrow pointing in its direction. He said this with both his hands out
and a beautiful child like smile with slight laughter in his voice, like a
young excited child would be about going to Disneyland.

The second joke was when he got up the second time and said he could
not see the gifts his family was being presented with so as soon as they all
exit he's going to check out the gifts right away. After he finished
speaking the second time he started walking with his family following behind and this time he came from behind where we were sitting getting very close to the special needs bed. He actually paused at the first bed then walking very slowly pausing at each of the five beds and looking at each one in their beds and proceeded, we got the second chance to be on his right side this time as when he was done with the special needs he continued a few steps and turned right to exit. Being in the front row if we just leaned over a little we could touch his shoes. What we did to deserve these seats, I don't know, at this point my heart was filled with emense happiness. The icing on the cake was Princess Khaliya looked right at me smiled and said something, I think two words, obviously I don't know what she said but it was a great feeling. Karim and Nirshaz also got a look from Princess Zahra, Prince Hussein and Prince Rahim and I'm not sure which one gave them a nod and said something to them but its 1:30 in the morning and as I'm writing this I don't want to wake Karim just to ask him, he'll have to wait to tell you because I'm hogging his laptop.

After Mowla and his family left the hall I think about 20 minutes later they
show him on the big screen. He was walking to the stage to talk to the
non-ismailis. Although we could not hear what he was saying you could see him talking with hand gestures and smiles. After about seven minutes
while he was still talking the cameras went off, then five minutes later he
was back on camera, at this point he was no longer on stage but stopping
and talking to the crowd after about five minutes he was off the screen
again.

At this point everyone thought we were done, alot of movement and
mubaraki's, I think after about half hour he came back on screen and
everyone one just sat where they were, there as hardly any movement.

As soon as Mowla Bapa came back on screen we could see him look at
pictures on a maze of walls set up for him, he was probably walking through and looking at different displays for about half hour. There was one moment he looked like he was taken back by maybe a photogragh that brought back memories because he slightly leaned back with great laughter and both his hands out. There was also a moment when the whole family was in this circular room with a circular sofa with seven sides to it facing outward and all of a sudden Mowla Bapa sits down. It was amazing watching this because then Prince Hussein sat down about three to four spots way from Hazar Imam so their backs are almost facing each other, then Princess Khaliya took a spot next to Prince Hussein then Princess Zahra took a seat to the left of Mowla then we can see Prince Amin Mohammed with laughter seeing the family
sitting taking a seat in between Princess Khaliya and his brother our
Imam but at this time we were wondering where Prince Rahim was because there was enough seating for him to but he wasn't on camera. Within about a minute or so we see Hazar Imam get up again to continue looking at the pictures, within seconds Prince Rahim sits down where Mowla Bapa was sitting. Can you imaging watching the Noorani Family sitting casually on a circular couch facing outward not inward roaming the rooms looking at pictures. It was amazing wathcing the Noorani Family just being a family.

I don't know what I did to deserve this trip but I think my father, may
his soul rest in eternal peace, must have put in a good word for me up
there. Also, if it wasn't for my mom I wouldn't have come. My brothers told me I should go if I can and it got me thinking but not enough until mom said to me "thu himath kerr" that was the turning point for me, it was her prayers that brought us to the Darbar. It wasn't the children that took mom to the Darbar, in my opinion if it wasn't for mom we would'nt have gotten the opportunity, it was mom that took care of her children. Also I could not have come without Zahra's help booking me last minute tickets and Minaz helping with hotel bookings because of that we didn't have problems with the hotel that many people experience because of over bookings.

Mom was so happy this was a Darbar of a lifetime for her and all of
us. I prayed for all of you who are in ill health to get better also for
the rest of us who have the good fortune to have good health to be able
to maintain it.

Mowla Bapa's last words to the jamat at the last Golden Jubilee in Paris
was "there is no ocean or no dessert or no mountain that can keep the Imam from the jamat.

There is a strong rumour but just a rumour at this point that on his
birthday on Saturday Dec 13th, he may address his Paris jamat maybe
at Aiglemont court yard or else where and any of the jamats that have
stayed would be welcome too. If this rumour turns out to be true I can't
even begin to explain the amazing feeling that I've experienced.

Its 2:45am Paris time gatta get some sleep.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received....

Subject: Paris Darbar - My thoughts and reflections

YAM. I just wanted to let you know that the Darbar in Paris went very well yesterday, and it was a wonderful way to end the Golden Jubilee. A white Darbar was predicted by the meteorological department, but unfortunately that didn&#146;t happen! I wanted to share with you bits of my experience, and as always, you were in my thoughts and prayers.

It's important for me to make clear before going further, that this is my interpretation of the key areas covered in the Farman, and my perception may well differ from the original Farman, which you read or listen to in due course.

Having studied French at high school and at university, it was an exciting experience for me to hear the Imam speak in French for the first time ever in a live setting, and even nicer that I understood everything as if it were all conducted in English.

Approximately two hours before Hazar Imam&#146;s arrival, the leadership announced that he would be accompanied by Prince Amin, Prince Rahim, Prince Hussein, Princess Zahra and Princess Khaliya. The news was obviously very well received by the Jamat, and it was a real treat to have them all present, especially for those Murids that had never seen any of the members of the Nurani family before. Five additional chairs were placed on the stage, and we all waited in anticipation.

Hazar Imam arrived in the first car accompanied by Prince Amin, followed by the second car with Prince Rahim and Princess Zahra, and the third car, with Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya. As they arrived at the hall they all went in to the lounge where they spent a few minutes preparing themselves.

There were approximately 20,000 Murids present at the Darbar (statistics from the registration on the eve of the Darbar). On entering the hall, Hazar Imam and the Nurani family walked around the runners to cover a large proportion of the hall.

The speech from the President of the Council for France was delivered in French and incorporated the Jamat from France, Switzerland, Belgium and Ivory Coast. During the speech, the President mentioned the proximity of Hazar Imam&#146;s birthday and wished him Salgirah Mubarak on behalf of everyone. This was acknowledged by Hazar Imam by virtue of a big smile.

Hazar Imam began the Farman in French, and explained that he would do part of it in French and part of it in English, to enable everyone to understand. He started by giving lots of Dua to everyone present, to our Jamats and to the Ruhani members. Hazar Imam explained how happy he was to have his family present with him, because in today's day and age, it is difficult for families to have time together, and having family around acts as a great support mechanism and allows for the possibility to bounce ideas of each other. He also expressed his appreciation to the French government for being so good to him in the great number of years that he has lived in the country.

It was truly wonderful to hear a Farman begin with "Mes chers enfants spirituels"!!!!

Hazar Imam then switched to English, as he stated that most of the Jamat speak English. He talked about his three aims during the Jubilee year (eliminating poverty, creating happy environments for the aged population and strengthening institutional capacity). He also touched upon making as many countries as possible where the Jamat lives countries of opportunity, the fact that we are operating in a knowledge society where it is important to share time and knowledge, in particular in the current situation, where we are facing a recession, and that coming together can work to our advantage by enhancing efficiency. He remarked about how the Jamat is highly individualistic, and when coming together, before even entering any kind of relationship, the first question asked is &#145;how do I get out of here&#146; which is not the way to go! In light of the recession, Hazar Iman advised us not to be spendthrift. He talked about the importance of relationship building with our other Muslim brothers and sisters, as well as living by the ethics of Islam in practicing generosity, honesty, loyalty, integrity and incorporating faith in to our daily lives, as opposed to being overridden by materialism and turning to faith on a one off basis.

Hazar Imam congratulated us by using the expression 'Mubarak', as he stated that it is very evident that the Jamat is highly regarded in each and every country that he has visited throughout the Jubilee year.

He thanked the volunteers for the magnificent and tireless work that they have undertaken throughout the Jubilee year, and for the contribution of time, knowledge and material Nazrana, which he prayed would be multiplied for each one of us 1000 times.

Hazar Imam went on to say that a Darbar is an occasion of happiness, and that he would like all of us to be happy, as happiness is a blessing from Allah, which we should all be grateful to Allah for. This is where he started his string of jokes which lead the Jamat to burst out in laughter. He said that on the way to the hall, he was overwhelmed by the welcome signs along the highway, but behind those signs were signs pointing to the prison! But there were also signs pointing to Disneyland he said!

Upon presentation of the gifts to Hazar Iman and the Nurani family, Hazar Imam expressed his appreciation for the gifts, and as a joke said that he was trying to have a look at what his family received, but he could not see! He added that he would go and have a look once they left!

Hazar Imam assured us that although he was leaving us physically, we are always in his heart, thoughts and prayers. He used the terminology 'no ocean, desert or mountain can separate him from his Jamat'.

Before leaving the hall, Hazar Iman and the Nurani family covered the rest of the runners and then returned to the lounge. Hazar Iman went on to address the non Ismali spouses on his own. He first talked to them as one large group from a stage using a microphone, and in addition, then talked to them in small clusters (like we have seen in other Darbars). Hazar Imam joined the rest of the Nurani family to view the 'Rays of Light' exhibition which has been set up on site and is also open for the Jamat to view over the next few days. They spent a considerable amount of time at the exhibition before leaving the venue.

All in all, Hazar Imam appeared very happy, and we were indeed fortunate to see the Nurani family all present together in a Darbar, as I believe the last time this happened was during the Silver Jubilee.

I truly enjoyed the experience of a Darbar in French, from the Farman, to the translation of the Quranic Ayat, all the announcements and signage! I hope you have enjoyed reading the above, and that is has enabled you in some way to get a picture of the events that took place yesterday evening.

Lots of love and best wishes,
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received...

Dearest Everyone,

Ya Ali Madad and Darbar Mumbarakis!

Below is an update from one of my very very good friends - just like my
brother who's in Paris France right now and he just called me to give
me an update from what was absolutely Magnificent Darbar from France.

Khudhavind granted the Ivory Coast, Belgium, Switzerland, France and
International Jamats - Including Germany, UK,
Canada...Canada...Canada...Canada and many many more countries today

Thursday December 11, 2008 in Paris France.

One hour before the Darbar - the Jamat was informed that the Noorani
Family
would be present (Prince Amin Mohamed, Prince Rahim, Prince Hussein,
Princess Khaliya and Princess Zahra).

Khudhavind entered the Darbar Hall with with Mukhi Saheb and Kamadia
Saheb
behind him followed by Prince Aminmohamed and Prince Rahim (side by
side)
followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya (side by side) followed
by Princess Zahra followed by Mukhianima and Kamadianima.

The religious ceremonies took place with the recitation of the Quranic
Ayat (Guy) and the meaning (2 Girls - both French) in French in
English, Kasida by 4 girls, Ginan - Sahebji - 2 men and 2 women.

Abesafa and Memanies from all the 4 different countries were done.

Hazar Imam began his firman by thanking the French Government for the
visit and for allowing the Imamat Institution to be based in France.
Hazar Imam said he was so so impressed with all the Darbars in all the
countries and how each Country has the highest esteem and how well
regarded were the Ismaili were. Hazar Imam acknowledged the Volunteers.
Hazar Imam said the volunteers that work for him directly know that
it's not easy but he said all the other volunteers that do Seva - Hazar
Imam can only see great work all the volunteers perform.

Hazar Imam said he was impressed with all the Golden Jubilee signs but
commented to that behind the Golden Jubilee signs were signs for all the
local prisons and than behind the local prison signs were signs for
Disney Land.

Mowla ended the firman by indicating that he loves his spiritual
children so much and that no mountain, no water and no boundaries can
separate the Imam from his spiritual Children.

The President of France Jamat made the speech and wished Mowla Happy
Birthday.

The Noorani Family present were all given gifts.

Hazar Imam departed the Darbar and spent about 20 Minutes between
Leadership and Non Ismaili Spouses and than spent another half hour
with Noorani Family at the Exposition of Lights that was set up which
commemorated Mowlana Hazar Imams 50 years of Imamat.

Right after deedar there was Sherbet and Pera and right after Jamatkhana
ceremonies was Dinner (Beef Bhiriyani, Athano and Ladva).

I believe the Sufro went for approximately X Euros.

This was an absolutely one of the most amazing Darbars set up where you
literally had to wait no more than 2 minutes for food, coat or shuttle
buses.

Everyone was on cloud nine with the Grand Final of Mowlana Hazar Imams
Final Golden Jubilee Darbar.

Mumbaraki Mumbaraki Mumbaraki

Khushali Mumbarak to all my brothers and sisters globally!!

Mumbaraki Mumbaraki!
SUMIPATI

Post by SUMIPATI »

It's look like great exprience but i can imagine the deedar with the great discription you put here i am glad i read your post made me feel like i was in deedar :lol: [/b]
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received....

Hi All YAM

"No ocean, no desert, no mountain can separate the Imam from the Jamat"
Shah Karim Hazar Imam - Paris didar - Thursday 11th December 2008

Didar at Paris was very special as all of the Noorani family were there. On the stage with HI's chair in the middle, Prince Amyn Mohamed & Prince Rahim sat on His right & Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain & Princess Khaliya on HI's left. They all did their rounds of the hall on entering & leaving.
(you have already read details of the day, so shall not go into it again!)

After the didar, the jamat were treated to Peda & sherbat & then back into the hall for evening prayers. However, the 7.15 pm time du'a did not start until 8 pm - memani was 'khatewe' for XXX Euros. After prayers the dinner consisted of 'churma ladoos & biriani - both really tasty. I learnt afterwards that all this was cooked in London & transported to Paris. However, there were evening dinners on Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday & Saturday - so do not know how much was actually cooked on the French premises! There were more volunteers from UK than France as the England volunteers' uniform was very visible everywhere. I was pulled in for my help as well & managed to get a 'Volontaire' badge but the person Yasmin who was with me said she was very sorry that she could not give me a t-shirt as well for a souvenier as they had run out of those. In fact, I believe there were more people than they had expected & seemed to have run out of one or two other things as well - nonetheless, excellent organisation & as in London, had venue with all on one level.

I had gone for just a day, having left England on Wednesday night, travelled through the night & reached the darbar hall after 08.00 but the previously announced didar for 11.00 was now to be at 16.00 which gave us plenty of time to have the breakfast, change, get our ID passes. I went into the hall nearly towards the end as I was asked to help with various duties outside; having sat down with some other London volunteers, we were then taken further forward towards the centre & left as soon as HI & family had departed to help with the shebat. Unfortunately, I was asked for but could not help with the dinners as we had to be on the coach at 10pm for the journey home. On hindsight, I shall not do that again - would have been worth staying in Paris for at least a couple if not more days & really enjoy the experience.

We reached Eastbourne, from where we had started, at around 4.30 am Friday morning. It was after 07.00 when I finally reached home & texted my bossto say I needed sleep & could not go to the office (as I had previously said I would do! - thinking I might have a couple of hours' sleep before going to work!)

We bring you Mowla's happiness & blessings. I must say, not having seen HI's family together for a very long time (can't even remember when I saw them all together, it really pained me to see Prince Hussain having trouble with his left leg & left arm/hand. I was told he has had accident(s) in the past which seem to have left their mark on him.

The Paris didar was a very special privilage - ghani, ghani mubaraki to you all for a very joyous occasion.

Love to all
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Update from theismaili.org

Thursday, 11 December 2008

Mawlana Hazar Imam, Prince Amyn, Prince Hussain and senior Jamati leaders applaud the young Ismailis who performed during the dinner hosted by the Jamati institutions in France. Photo: Akbar Hakim

Today Mawlana Hazar Imam granted the final Darbar of his Golden Jubilee to the Jamat gathered in Paris, France. Hazar Imam was joined by Prince Amyn, Princess Zahra, Prince Rahim, Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya at Parc des Expositions, where thousands of members of the Jamat from France and around the world had gathered for the historic occasion.

Following the Darbar, Mawlana Hazar Imam and his family visited the Rays of Light photo exhibition that had been set up at the Darbar venue. The exhibition, which is a Golden Jubilee International Programme, provided a visual narrative of the past 50 years of Hazar Imam’s Imamat. It is expected to tour Jamats around the world in the coming months.

In the evening, Mawlana Hazar Imam and his family attended a dinner hosted in their honour by the Jamati institutions of France. Young Ismailis from France and the French jurisdiction Jamats presented an entertaining performance before Hazar Imam, his family and the gathering of Jamati leaders.

The dinner marked the culmination of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee visit to France.

Additional photos are available in the gallery.

Tuesday, 9 December 2008

The Prime Minister of France, François Fillon, welcomes Mawlana Hazar Imam to the Hôtel Matignon — the Prime Minister’s official residence in Paris. Photo: Gary Otte

As part of his official Golden Jubilee visit to France, Mawlana Hazar Imam spent the day meeting with senior government leaders.

Mawlana Hazar Imam visited the French Ministry of the Interior at Place Beauveau, where he met Michèle Alliot-Marie, Minister of the Interior, Overseas France and Local Authorities. Afterwards, Hazar Imam and Prince Rahim were welcomed by Prime Minister François Fillon at the Hôtel Matignon, the Prime Minister’s official residence.

Mawlana Hazar Imam then travelled to Quai d’Orsay, the site of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where he met Bernard Kouchner, France’s Minister of Foreign Affairs. There, Hazar Imam and the Minister signed a partnership agreement for development between the Government of France and the Aga Khan Development Network. The agreement builds on a number of successful AKDN projects to which the French government, French institutions and French companies have contributed.

Also see AKDN’s coverage of the event, including photographs, as well as the official press release (in French) from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/639/France-visit

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/action ... 69220.html

La France devient partenaire de la fondation Aga Khan (9 décembre 2008)
Pourquoi un tel partenariat ?
Quelles priorités ?

B. Kouchner et le prince Aga Khan
© MAEE/F. de la Mure

Bernard Kouchner et le prince Aga Khan ont signé le 9 décembre une convention de partenariat entre la France et la Fondation « Réseau Aga Khan pour le développement (AKDN) », qui regroupe une dizaine d’agences de développement privées.

La Fondation « Réseau Aga Khan de développement » (AKDN) est un groupe d’agences de développement privées, internationales et non confessionnelles qui œuvrent à l’amélioration des conditions de vie dans les pays en développement.
Créées pour certaines au début du XXème siècle, les organisations du Réseau ont chacune une mission spécifique dans des domaines variés comme la santé, l’éducation, le développement rural, la promotion de l’entreprise privée et la culture.

Bernard Kouchner à l’Hopital français de Kaboul
le 12 avril 2008 © AFP / SHAH Marai

L’ambition de ce partenariat est de promouvoir, sur le terrain, des actions communes en matière de développement et d’inscrire ces réalisations futures dans un cadre de référence commun.

Pourquoi un tel partenariat ?

Plusieurs projets concrets associant le dispositif français de coopération et l’AKDN ont montré le potentiel de cette collaboration :
don de la coopération française à l’Institut médical français pour l’enfant de Kaboul (IMFE)
prêts octroyés par PROPARCO- la filiale secteur privé de l’Agence française de Développement - au réseau de téléphonie mobile Roshan en Afghanistan ou pour la construction de la centrale hydroélectrique de Bujagali en Ouganda notamment.
Les autorités françaises partagent avec la Fondation « Réseau Aga Khan pour le développement » une vision commune du développement : l’importance de s’engager sur le long terme, en associant étroitement les populations locales, sur des secteurs non seulement sociaux mais aussi d’appui au développement économique.
L’implantation ancienne du Réseau Aga Khan pour le développement dans des pays fragiles (Afghanistan) et dans des zones dans lesquelles la France souhaiterait renforcer sa présence (Inde, Pakistan, Afrique de l’Est), comme son développement plus récent en Afrique de l’Ouest et à Madagascar, témoignent également de la complémentarité de nos implantations géographiques et de la convergence de nos priorités politiques.
Pour le dispositif français de coopération, c’est un moyen de renforcer son action dans une logique partenariale afin de maximiser l’efficacité de l’aide et d’élargir le champ de ses interventions, en agissant de façon complémentaire avec le réseau de l’AKDN tant sur les géographies que sur les instruments utilisés (dons, prêts, garanties, prises de participation en capital).

Quelles priorités ?

Le partenariat scellé par la convention couvre une vingtaine de pays d’Asie centrale et méridionale (Afghanistan et ses voisins immédiats, Inde, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan), du Proche-Orient (Syrie, Égypte, Liban) et d’Afrique orientale et occidentale (Burkina, Mali, Côte d’Ivoire, Sénégal).
Le partenariat concerne une gamme large de secteurs : la santé, l’éducation, les services financiers, la microfinance, l’agriculture et la sécurité alimentaire, les biens publics mondiaux, les infrastructures et l’appui au développement du secteur privé. Le ministère des Affaires étrangères et européennes et l’AKDN entendent, notamment en matière d’enseignement, mutualiser, en fonction des opportunités, leurs moyens et leurs implantations afin de promouvoir l’utilisation et l’enseignement de la langue française dans les pays où ils interviennent en commun et la mobilité des enseignants et des étudiants
Admin

Post by Admin »

TEl QUE RECU

GOLDEN JUBILEE DARBAR DE PARIS le 11 Décembre 2008

Impressions d’un murid

Paris eut l’immense privilège d’être la plateforme marquant le point culminant de la fin de la célébration du Golden Jubilee de Mowlana Hazar Imam. Les festivités ont débuté dès le lundi 8 décembre. Des milliers de Murids, venus des quatre coins du monde se sont donnés rendez vous pour des journées inoubliables, mémorables de fraternité sans frontières ! Ce fut sublime, je ne sais pas quel mot trouver à la place de »miracle » !

Le jeudi 11 décembre fut le jour du Zaheeri- Bhatuni Deedar tant attendu. Après 5 jours d’intenses préparatifs matériels pour accueillir tous nos frères et sœurs du monde entier dans de bonnes conditions, le moment est au recueillement, l’Intezarri et ces instants de concentration….Nous sommes tous attachés à ces rites qui nous permettent de se rapprocher de cette réalité essentielle qu’est le Noor de Mowlana … Nous voulons avec humilité, simplicité aller à cette rencontre……Nous tourner vers Lui, les mains jointes et capter ces millions, que dis je ,des milliards de flash de Sa lumière… et prendre le Farman dans notre cœur, notre Intellect…. Se tourner vers Lui, trouver la bonne attitude, communier pour vivre ces instants de bonheur, pour mémoriser à jamais ces minutes fascinantes et ce changement d’état d’esprit et devenir de plus en plus sensible au côté subtil de cette Rencontre !

Que nous dit-IL ? : « Regardez-moi : je n’ai jamais cessé de vous distribuer mes Irshaads, mes Farmans, c’est un grand jour de bonheur ! Je suis venu avec toute Ma famille, être avec vous, clore à Paris la célébration de mon Golden Jubilee ! Alors, faites comme moi, soyez gais, riez, partagez et distribuez les sourires…C’est un don, une marque de la Miséricorde d’Allah ! «

Que de moments de bonheur, d’émotions, de larmes de joie…. Et dans ces instants là, même si personne n’a vu Dieu, le Noor qui se projette dans ce splendide Hall admirablement décoré, devant des milliers de Murids nous en donne la meilleure image. C’est Son Noor qui exprime le mieux la perfection divine. Il distribue à tous la Lumière, le courage, l’espoir et la vie… Les Murids, les leaders, les jeunes , les enfants, les personnes âgées, les malades et les souffrants présents au Hall et même les membres des Jamats et des familles absents, restés dans leurs pays, Mowlana n’oublie personne … les Douas et des pensées et des bénédictions aux membres Roohanis…. Mowlana n’oublie personne ! Il rayonne, Il est joyeux, heureux d’être avec Ses enfants du monde entier à Paris ! Que des perles précieuses distribuées à toute l’assemblée silencieuse et en communion !

Pour Mowlana Hazar Imam, nous sommes tous Ses enfants spirituels, Il est notre Père et Mère spirituels, soucieux de préserver notre équilibre entre Din et Dounia….Tôt ou tard, les autres de cette Terre, les hommes et femmes de bonne volonté ne pourront plus ignorer cette réalité ! Et Mowlana, dans sa grande bienveillance, leur demande de garder leur Foi, que nous les Ismailis respectons sincèrement. Mowlana leur demande d’approfondir leur Foi et ils trouveront que nous sommes tous des Peuples du Livre… et ils comprendront que pour les Murids ismailis, Mowlana Hazar Imam détient la clé de leur équilibre, de leur bonheur matériel et spirituel. Et nous le sentons particulièrement aujourd’hui, en renouvellant notre acte d’allégeance… A travers son Noor, c’est Mowlana Lui-même qui est là, plein d’amour, de sollicitude, heureux et fier de Son Jamat pluraliste, diversifié, vivant comme des frères et sœurs, solidaires, tolérants et généreux….

Mowlana nous exhorte à partager nos connaissances, notre temps, notre richesse intellectuelle et matérielle pour des opportunités nouvelles et pour le bien être de l’ensemble de toutes les communautés….sans distinction de race, de culture, de religion….

Mowlana nous a demandé d’être solidaires des pauvres et des personnes âgées, d’être généreux et de marcher sur le chemin de l’élévation spirituelle. C’est la voie de la liberté !

Avec les épreuves de la vie, les conditions économiques sombres, dans une famille diversifiée et pluraliste, Mowlana nous a demandé d’être prévoyants, unis, solidaires, fraternels… de nous fortifier dans la sagesse, les prières, les pensées tournées vers Ali, Mohammed, Allah… et s’élever par l’amour afin d’affronter les difficultés avec lucidité et courage.

Oh Mowlana, fais de nous des Murids, qui naturellement soyons plus compréhensifs, plus bienveillants. Et durant ces 50 ans de Ton règne, nous avons accompli des progrès, matériels et spirituels, nous avons réussi à nous détacher ¬des sentiments et des pensées égocentriques ¬ pour nous élever jusqu’à Ton Noor où règnent la sagesse et l’amour, seuls capables de nous donner la vraie joie.

Nous devons à notre Mowlana la faculté que nous avons d’apporter notre contribution avec modestie et forte conviction et de nous réjouir de tout ce qui arrive de bon aux autres ! Voilà un critère de notre bonne évolution et de l’image de marque de notre Jamat, capable de se réjouir des succès et du bonheur des autres, et d’être un Jamat riche de compassion et d’engagement matériel quand des malheurs arrivent. Et la communauté ismailie, à l’image de son Imam, exprime toujours les bons sentiments, s’éveille à la pitié, à la compassion, à la sollicitude, prête à apporter consolation et aide.
ET MOWLA BAPA NOUS CONSEILLA DE RIRE SOUVENT !
Mowlana nous dévoile que dans Sa famille, le rire est très utilisé et nous recommande donc d'en user sans aucune modération pour vivre heureux, plus vieux et en bonne et meilleure santé.
Le rire est le propre de l'homme, c’est la manifestation d'un sentiment de gaieté et pour le médecin, le rire est un médicament capable de prévenir et de guérir de nombreuses maladies. Oui, on peut même dire que les bons mots qui font rire ont le pouvoir de guérir les mauvais maux qui font souffrir. La sagesse populaire a toujours associé le rire, la gaieté et la bonne humeur à la bonne santé, au bien-être et à la longévité ! Le rire est un phénomène humain complet qui joue un rôle fondamental au carrefour des manifestations musculaires, respiratoires, nerveuses et psychiques de l'individu. Des cardiologues ont affirmé que le rire est une arme très efficace dans la prévention des accidents cardio-vasculaires ! Un bon fou rire est aussi bénéfique que dix minutes de relaxation et qu'il constitue la meilleure thérapeutique naturelle qui soit pour lutter contre le stress !
Le rire est une manifestation biologique d'un état de plaisir absolument essentielle pour rester en bonne santé et il est en effet prouvé aujourd'hui que le rire est souverain non seulement pour toujours prévenir de nombreux troubles et maladies, mais également pour souvent aider à en guérir un grand nombre .
Alors, dorénavant, pour être bien, rions au quotidien sans restriction, retenue ou tabou. Souvenons-nous qu'il vaut mieux rire de tout plutôt que d'en pleurer... Le rire est une véritable thérapeutique naturelle. C'est le tranquillisant parfait car agréable à prendre, gratuit, d'une parfaite innocuité même à très fort dose, sans contre-indication ni effets secondaires fâcheux, non allergisant, sans date de péremption et utilisable à tous les âges de la vie !...
Et voilà, la Rencontre est terminée mais n’est pas finie ! Je me sens rempli de joie, d’amour, libre, riche dans la plénitude ! Je sais que je suis sous la protection de mon Mowlana, qui va continuer à me garder sur la voie droite du Siratal- Mustaquim !
J’ai communié avec cette réalité subtile, vivante, profonde qui m’a comblé de bonheur durant ce Mulaquat. L’Amour de Mowlana pour moi est immense ! Alors, en silence, je lui ai récité ce poème !
ISLAM EST MA PROFESSION DE FOI

Guide Spirituel du Temps Présent,
Offrant Son Aura au Monde entier,
La vision par le cœur du Divin Intérieur,
Din et Dounia réunis dans l’harmonie,
Essence d’Allah du Zâhir et du Bâthuni,
Noor capable d’éclairer mon Aq’l.
Je suis venu à Toi par le Bhayat,
Union du Cœur et de l’Intellect,
Béni soit le jour de Notre rencontre,
Initié aux secrets ésotériques de ma Foi,
Lumière scintillante dans mon cœur,
Ensemble, rendons Grâce à l’Imam du Temps Présent,
En vérité, Oh les croyants, Son Noor a traversé les âges de L’humanité !

Islam est ma profession de foi,
Mon Mowla est toujours avec moi,
A chaque instant, je prends mon tasbih,
Mes pensées se tournent vers l’Eternel,
Epris d’une vie intérieure sereine,
Zélé et humble serviteur de l’Imam du Temps Présent,
A Celui qui me prends sous Sa protection,
Mains jointes, je Lui adresse mes Sukranas,
Adepte de la quête spirituelle, j’aspire au saint,
Noorani et Bhatini Deedar
Mohez Nato
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED
AS RECEIVED

Paris Darbar - by Mark Reynolds

Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Paris Darbar
This is a massively long post – sorry!

For those of my readers for whom Amynah is a only an occasional name on the blog (perhaps a figure of my writerly imagination), some background. Amynah is an Ismaili Muslim, a small Shi'a religion with roughly 15 million members worldwide. They are one of the only Islamic sects with a living spiritual leader, a man known as the Aga Khan (or His Highness, or the Imam).

The present Aga Khan took on the job from his grandfather in 1957. Starting last year, the Ismaili's worldwide began celebrating the Golden Jubilee – the fiftieth anniversary of the start of the Aga Khan's tenure.

There are many events to commemorate this, but the most eagerly anticipated are the "Darbars" (or Deedars, depending on one's orthographic whimsy). These are gatherings of the faithful to hear the Imam speak. For the Golden Jublilee, the Aga Khan visited Dubai, Syria, India, several cities in Canada and the United States and Singapore, among others. This summer, I accompanied Amynah to the one in London. This week was then final one of the Golden Jubilee Year, in Paris.

Being a minority with a somewhat mystical bent, and a living leader who traces his spiritual authority directly back to the Prophet Mohammed, the Ismaili's have historically had a rough time of it, vis a vis their fellow Muslims. With the exception of a Golden Age some thousand years ago, Ismaili history is one of persecution divided, as Amynah says, into "The Greater Hiding Period" and the "Lesser Hiding Period." That's not entirely ancient history either – Canada's population of Ismaili's is disproportionately large because our then-Prime Minister agreed to accept as refugees thousands of members of the community that were being exiled from Idi Amin's Uganda and fleeing from nearby Kenya and other African countries.

It would be easy, with a history like that, for a community to draw in on itself, remaining inward looking a secretive. However, the advantage of having a living spiritual leader is that the community remains adaptable, able to evolve with the modern world. Under the current Aga Khan the Ismaili's reach out, not in – the Aga Khan Development Network is one of the most effective of its kind, operating through much of Africa, the Middle East, South and Central Asia. They build schools, establish business, found universities and preserve significant heritage sites.

For the last Darbar we attended, in London, I spent an inordinate amount of time in the room set aside for non-Ismaili family members, chatting with other hangers-on while we waited for the prayers to finish so we could get to the food and dancing. While I met some interesting people this way, and Amynah's friends and family were very good at checking in on me to say hi, for the most part I was bored out of my mind.

The Darbars, especially in Europe and North America, are enormous events. There were 35,000 people at the London event. The French Ismaili community is much smaller than those of Britain or Canada, but – as this was the final Darbar of the year - they were planning for some 20,000 people to show up. Knowing that the local congregation was likely to be overwhelmed, Amynah and I decided to sign up as volunteers.

Amynah had sent in forms to register us as attendees, indicating our willingness to earn our supper. A week or so before we were to leave for Paris, I received a phone call, from a Chamsia in Paris, telling us that Amynah was signed up for "communication" – helping to coordinate the radio traffic between the various teams. I told her that I was available as well, and so she added me to the schedule.

A few days later, I received a phone call, telling me that I had been signed up to work the Parking detail. I said fine, and, having guessed from my name that I was not Ismaili, the caller told me to contact the non-Ismaili-spouses coordinator. I did so, thinking I was just letting him manage his numbers.

We showed up Wednesday evening at the Paris Conference and Exposition centre, not far from the Charles de Gaulle Airport. For reasons not entirely clear to me, the registration process to get into the Darbar is somewhat more involved than that required to board an international flight. Part of the difficulty stemmed from the fact that as there is no active "jamat" (mosque) in Strasbourg, Amynah had registered us on-line as coming from abroad (as it was, one of the women at the desk actually said, with unbridled Parisian hauteur "They're from Strasbourg? That's not in France.") Even so, this was easier than the registration process for London, which I took on myself while Amynah was in prayers: thrown by our differing last names, the officials at the registration desk demanded that I present both of our passports and a wedding certificate. I lacked the latter, but finally convinced them to give me our event passes through a combination of a wedding photo I keep in my wallet and crying).

After registering, Amynah and I found our way to the communications room, which was tucked away in the nether reaches of the enormous complex. On arrival, we were greeted by coordinators Chamsia and Rheishman, both of whom appeared to have been on the go for the previous 72 hours straight. Our job, it was explained to us, was to monitor one of the ten radio frequencies in use. Most of the traffic would be irrelevant, but if someone from one team needed to call another team ("Parking" for "Medical," for instance) they would ask us to patch it through.

It should give you some idea of how desperate for volunteers they were that they put me, a man whose French breaks down entirely when deprived of facial cues to glean meaning, on the radios, whose static-to-language ratio was roughly 1:1. Fortunately, they put me on "Frequency 1," which was nominally reserved for the big-wigs, all of whom were in meetings with each other for the duration of the event. I therefore spent three-hours on the first evening listening to absolutely nothing, during which time I sketched out a plot for my next novel (I got as far as the aliens landing in post-Revolutionary France, but am unsure how to link them to zombie-Napoleon).

Fun Fact:: "Walkie-talkie" in French? Talkie-walkie. Ask me not why.

The next day, Amynah and I woke up at 6 AM to catch the commuter train from our hotel near the Gare d'Est to the Exhibition grounds. On arrival, we tried to acquire some Volunteer identification at the registration desk, only to be told that they had run out. I was also told that I had been expected in Parking some two hours earlier, and was scheduled for the non-Ismaili spouses zone for the afternoon. Somehow, between those two tasks and Communication, I had been triple-booked.

Discretion being the better part of valour, and having forgotten my toque, I elected to check in with Chamsia and Reichman in Communications before wandering outside in the cold to play traffic cop. I told Chamsia about my dilemma – she said she would contact the parking guys to find out where I was needed most. I do not know how sincere she was – she never had a full table of radio monitors, so I doubt she was eager to lose even incompetent staff. In any case, I never saw her make the call, but she did put me on Frequency 10 – monitoring the Parking guys I was supposed to be assisting.

For the most part this went smoothly – they only called in twice, and both times I calmly shouted "Un moment s'il vous plait" before throwing my "talkie-walkie" at Chamsia as if it were a disgruntled cobra. At some point, I heard one volunteer radio another asking what to do with "Un Anglais" that had shown up looking to help. He was told to station him near the main gate. Twenty minutes later, a message came though: "We're getting complaints about the guy at the front gate – he doesn't speak a word of French." Meanwhile I sat, helpless (yet warm) in Communications Central, cursing the fates: That should have been me, damnit!

As the morning wore on, more volunteers poured in, and Chamsia felt confident enough to set me free. As the guys in Parking sounded like they now had things under control (also, they sounded very cold) I made my way over to the non-Ismaili area. Things here were much calmer – I asked what I could do, and was told to inform the dozen or so people that had shown up so far that food was available on the enormous food-bearing table that they had to walk around in order to take their seats. I did so, earning the bemused looks one would expect under the circumstances.

Looking to do something a little more productive, I offered to give the two ladies behind said table a break. They were suspiciously grateful, and assured me they would "Be right back" before disappearing, never to be seen again. Running the table was no hardship – the only hard part was fending off the hordes of people streaming by the table who were stealing sandwiches to which they were not entitled (not surprisingly, I had trouble, as a non-Ismaili, stating with any conviction that the free food at an Ismaili event, paid for by Ismailiis, was off limits to everyone but non-Ismailis, especially as it was all came from the same storage area down the hall).

After some time I was joined behind the table by Collette, a woman originally from Burkino Faso, now a resident of Montreal. Together, we made sure that none of the 200 or so non-Ismailis present ever wanted for a croissant or tea. Truly we were heroes.

Collette, I discovered, had a wonderfully open view towards religion in general. At one point, she saw a man pass by with a thusby, which is a set of prayer beads used by Ismailis. She asked where he had acquired it and he (and this is utterly typical of the kind of generosity I see all the time at such events) gave it to her without a moment's hesitation. As Collette returned to the table, counting off the beads as she prayed, I asked her if she was Muslim, to which she replied no, she was Catholic: "But I know how to use this." I thought it was great, though I'm sure the Pope would not approve.

While all this was going on, all of the Ismailiis in the hall had retreated into the Darbar Hall for the ceremonies. These lasted roughly two hours, during which the faithful were addressed by the Aga Khan, who arrived earler with his family.

For the Jubilee Year, His Highness has made a point of coming outside of the Darbar hall to speak with the non-Ismailis gathered outside. In London, there were roughly 700 of us, and as I was helping with crowd control, I ended up in the back and thus didn't get very close to where he eventually spoke. This time, there were only 200 of us, tops, and I got into the front row, thanks to some speedy footwork on Collette's part. This did not occur without some difficulty: they ran us through metal detectors beforehand, and confiscated my nail-clippers. Were they perhaps afraid that I was going to groom him? (To his credit, the security guy who took them from me tracked me down ten minutes later to give me a tag so that I could reclaim them. That's dedication!)

It has been pointed out to me many, many times that this is a great privilege – Amynah's never had such an intimate audience with His Highness in her life, and here I was within handshaking distance. So, for my Ismaili readers, I'm going to do my best to relay what was said, though I'm afraid I can't do a very good job.

He took the podium, having changed out of his traditional clothes into a suit. He seemed to be in a good mood, though his voice was a little hoarse from speaking at the Darbar. He spoke in French, so much of the subtleties of the message were probably lost on me.

First, he thanked us all for coming, and welcomed us into the community, even if not as Ismailiis. He said that Ismailiis were a people that believed in pluralism, and were a part of the Western world, but were also very much a part of the Muslim world, not apart from it, despite theological differences. He then spoke of the work of his charitable foundations, especially the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN): It was through pluralism, and strong institutions that societies thrived: countries like Bangladesh and Kenya may have their political troubles, but are by and large peaceful countries, and that is because their citizens have a sense of civil society – over time, that will translate into stability. To that end, he invited all of the non-Ismailis present to contribute what time or expertise they had to the AKDN, to further this goal of building more pluralist, "cosmopolitan" societies world-wide.

It was only a brief speech, but afterwards he stepped down to greet people more personally. We'd all been told not to address his unless we were spoken to, but when he came near where I was standing, Collette, standing beside me, couldn't resist, asking for a blessing by calling out "Benediction! Benediction!" I don't think he heard, much to her disappointment.

He moved on shortly thereafter, but it was inspiring nonetheless: in the last few weeks, the Aga Khan had done Darbars in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Singapore, returning to Canada again to open a Centre in Ottawa. That is a grueling schedule, especially for a 72-year-old. That he cared enough to speak to a miniscule crowd as us on what must have been a long day showed a commitment to his message, and to living what he speaks.

The rest of the day went pretty quickly – once the Darbar was over, the feasting and dancing could begin. Amynah and I returned to the "talkie-walkie" room, but the channels were all dead, as 18,000 people caught up with friends and family and ate the lamb-curry that was being ladled out by the ton in the main hall. Eventually Amynah's relatives from England found us, so we managed a mini-family reunion, albeit one partially spent cleaning ear-wax out of returned radio-headphones. I was eager to see if we could find more people we knew from Canada, but the night was getting on - we left our friend from Montreal (in Europe working for the AKDN) near the stage, where the band had the remaining crowd bashing sticks and dancing in circles for the dandiya. Amynah and I caught the last train back to our hotel, in order to catch four hours of sleep before heading home to Strasbourg.
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED

Darbar in Paris Dec 12, 2008

This is the closest to "accurate" write-up I have seen, so far.

However, I think there were more than 20,000 people for sure.... the figure I heard was 29,000 - 30,000, The venue of the Darbar was definitely much much larger than the BC Place in Vancouver!

All through the week, you could hear so many different languages being spoken... French, English, Gujerati, Katchi, Hindi, Urdu, Swedish, German, Dutch, etc. The feeling was wonderful and joyous... Throughout the week an excellent entertainment program was provided by international artists.

I personally met jamati memmbers from Britain, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Holland, USA ... The President Saheb announced that there were jamats from 76 countries attending the Darbar in Paris!

Hazar Imam also announced that the next Ismaili Centre to beestablished will be in Paris.

Shabash and Mumbarkis to a small jamat of about 3,000 catering to the needs of almost 30,000!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Darbar Paris Dec 12, 2008
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:07:42 -0600

Fwd as recd...

thought of you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAM. I just wanted to let you know that the Darbar in Paris went very well yesterday, and it was a wonderful way to end the Golden Jubilee. A white Darbar was predicted by the meteorological department, but unfortunately that didn't happen! I wanted to share with you bits of my experience, and as always, you were in my thoughts and prayers.

It's important for me to make clear before going further, that this is my interpretation of the key areas covered in the Farman, and my perception may well differ from the original Farman, which you read or listen to in due course.

Having studied French at high school and at university, it was an exciting experience for me to hear the Imam speak in French for the first time ever in a live setting, and even nicer that I understood everything as if it were all conducted in English.

Approximately two hours before Hazar Imam's arrival, the leadership announced that he would be accompanied by Prince Amin, Prince Rahim, Prince Hussein, Princess Zahra and Princess Khaliya. The news was obviously very well received by the Jamat, and it was a real treat to have them all present, especially for those Murids that had never seen any of the members of the Nurani family before. Five additional chairs were placed on the stage, and we all waited in anticipation.

Hazar Imam arrived in the first car accompanied by Prince Amin, followed by the second car with Prince Rahim and Princess Zahra, and the third car, with Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya. As they arrived at the hall they all went in to the lounge where they spent a few minutes preparing themselves.

There were approximately 20,000 Murids present at the Darbar (statistics from the registration on the eve of the Darbar). On entering the hall, Hazar Imam and the Nurani family walked around the runners to cover a large proportion of the hall.

The speech from the President of the Council for France was delivered in French and incorporated the Jamat from France, Switzerland, Belgium and Ivory Coast. During the speech, the President mentioned the proximity of Hazar Imam's birthday and wished him Salgirah Mubarak on behalf of everyone. This was acknowledged by Hazar Imam by virtue of a big smile.

Hazar Imam began the Farman in French, and explained that he would do part of it in French and part of it in English, to enable everyone to understand. He started by giving lots of Dua to everyone present, to our Jamats and to the Ruhani members. Hazar Imam explained how happy he was to have his family present with him, because in today's day and age, it is difficult for families to have time together, and having family around acts as a great support mechanism and allows for the possibility to bounce ideas of each other. He also expressed his appreciation to the French government for being so good to him in the great number of years that he has lived in the country.

It was truly wonderful to hear a Farman begin with 'Mes chers enfants spirituels'!!!!

Hazar Imam then switched to English, as he stated that most of the Jamat speak English. He talked about his three aims during the Jubilee year (eliminating poverty, creating happy environments for the aged population and strengthening institutional capacity). He also touched upon making as many countries as possible where the Jamat lives countries of opportunity, the fact that we are operating in a knowledge society where it is important to share time and knowledge, in particular in the current situation, where we are facing a recession, and that coming together can work to our advantage by enhancing efficiency. He remarked about how the Jamat is highly individualistic, and when coming together, before even entering any kind of relationship, the first question asked is 'how do I get out of here' which is not the way to go! In light of the recession, Hazar Iman advised us to be spendthrift. He talked about the importance of relationship building with our other Muslim brothers and sisters, as well as living by the ethics of Islam in practicing generosity, honesty, loyalty, integrity and incorporating faith in to our daily lives, as opposed to being overridden by materialism and turning to faith on a one off basis.

Hazar Imam congratulated us by using the expression 'Mubarak', as he stated that it is very evident that the Jamat is highly regarded in each and every country that he has visited throughout the Jubilee year.

He thanked the volunteers for the magnificent and tireless work that they have undertaken throughout the Jubilee year, and for the contribution of time, knowledge and material Nazrana, which he prayed would be multiplied for each one of us 1000 times.

Hazar Imam went on to say that a Darbar is an occasion of happiness, and that he would like all of us to be happy, as happiness is a blessing from Allah, which we should all be grateful to Allah for. This is where he started his string of jokes which lead the Jamat to burst out in laughter. He said that on the way to the hall, he was overwhelmed by the welcome signs along the highway, but behind those signs were signs pointing to the prison! But there were also signs pointing to Disneyland he said!

Upon presentation of the gifts to Hazar Iman and the Nurani family, Hazar Imam expressed his appreciation for the gifts, and as a joke said that he was trying to have a look at what his family received, but he could not see! He added that he would go and have a look once they left!

Hazar Imam assured us that although he was leaving us physically, we are always in his heart, thoughts and prayers. He used the terminology 'no ocean, desert or mountain can separate him from his Jamat'.

Before leaving the hall, Hazar Iman and the Nurani family covered the rest of the runners and then returned to the lounge. Hazar Iman went on to address the non Ismali spouses on his own. He first talked to them as one large group from a stage using a microphone, and in addition, then talked to them in small clusters (like we have seen in other Darbars). Hazar Imam joined the rest of the Nurani family to view the 'Rays of Light' exhibition which has been set up on site and is also open for the Jamat to view over the next few days. They spent a considerable amount of time at the exhibition before leaving the venue.

All in all, Hazar Imam appeared very happy, and we were indeed fortunate to see the Nurani family all present together in a Darbar, as I believe the last time this happened was during the Silver Jubilee.

I truly enjoyed the experience of a Darbar in French, from the Farman, to the translation of the Quranic Ayat, all the announcements and signage! I hope you have enjoyed reading the above, and that is has enabled you in some way to get a picture of the events that took place yesterday evening.

--At 5 mins to 2pm the intezari programme started. Around 2 pm, the waezin who was in the middle of his waez was interrupted - (his mike was switched off). Then Paris Darkhana's mukhi, mikhiani, kamadia and kamadiani [M/K/M/K] along with the president of the council [can't remember if the VP was there on stage] walked on stage. President announced in French at first that he had just now received a message from MHI to say that he was coming AVEC SON FAMILLIE! And those who understood French started clapping. He repeated the announcement in English and then the clapping grew louder. He then announced the names of the members who were to accompany MHI: Prince Amyn Mohammed, Prince Rahim, Princes Zahra, Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya. By now everyone was excited!

At 4:05 MHI arrived with Prince Amyn Mohammed followed by Prince Rahim and Princess Zahra in the second car and Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya in the 3rd car.

They entered and met the LIF members and council members and M/K/M/K. All the Nurani family members were in their GJ outfits. MHI changed from his usual blue suit into his GJ outfit. [I wonder if he teased them because he didn't have to wear it a long as they did].

MHI walked into the hall, followed by M/K, followed by Prince Amyn Muhammed and Prince Rahim who were followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya who was followed by Princess Zahra and she was followed by M ma/K ma. Then usual proceedings took place and then the President for the French Council made a speech in French and he wished MHI a happy Birthday at the beginning of the speech.

MHI started his Firman at 4:50 and he said that he would do part of his Firman in French and part in English. He started in French.
FRENCH FIRMAN [my understanding of it].

He was very happy to be there. A durbar is a very important occasion for him. He has his family with him as they work with him. He gave his paternal and maternal blessings to the jamat and blessings to the Ruhani. French Durbar was important as it is a European country, a pluralistic country, an extra-ordinaire. French Durbar was important because the Imamat had started in Arabia, then moved to Magrib [Egypt], then to Africa [Tunisia], then to the East [Syria, Iran, Central Asia], Asia and then to France in Europe. AKDN had signed an agreement with France to work in other countries. [Countries in brackets are added by me].

ENGLISH FIRMAN
Leaders who have worked with MHI in the past are here today. He wanted the past leaders to know that their Imam remembers them.

OBJECTIVES OF THE PAST 50 YEARS
1. Strengthen the tariqah of Shia Ismaili Islam and to strengthen the
pluralism that existed in the jamat.
2. Strengthen the relationship between Shia Ismaili Islam and with other tariqahs of Islam.
3. Countries where the jamat lives he wanted them to become countries of opportunities.
During his Golden Jubilee travels, he found that the Ismaili community is highly respected so "MUBARAKI TO MURIDS".
To continue progress we must gain knowledge and share knowledge as this is important for decades ahead.

He was grateful to the murids who had offered TIME AND KNOWLEDGE NAZRANA. He was also grateful to the murids who had offered material nazrana.

OBJECTIVES OF THE GOLDEN JUBILEE

1. Looking at institutions to see which ones need to be strengthened to serve the jamat.

2. To eradicate poverty in the jamat. On 13th Dec he will review this with his leaders.

3. To help the aged so that they can live a quality and honourable life. He would review this with his leaders on 13th December.
To overcome the tough times, we must remember the Ethics of our Faith.
Physical life is limited and spiritual life is not limited. Keep a tasbih
with you and call on Allah, on Ali and on Imams. [Here he was talking too fast for me to write everything]. Our ethics tell us to help the poor, come together and benefit from each other, come together in honesty. Particularly important in the next 2 to 3 years to live carefully and be spend thrift.

Durbar is an occasion to have fun.
On the highway MHI saw a welcome sign and he said that behind the welcome sign was a prison and behind the prison was DISNEYLAND!
He said: "I like laughing with my jamat".
He gave us blessings: for long life, good health, happiness, unity in the family, mushkil asaan. [Couldn't keep up with him at this stage].
He accepted Mehmani and fruit, niaz, suko mevo. French Jamat gave him a ceramic TILE. They also had gift for all the Nurani members.
He got up to say thank you and more blessings. He also said "I was trying to see what gifts my family members were getting but I couldn't see. So as soon as they get out I will see what they've received". Here he was laughing.

He gave Blessing to all the volunteers. [Given in English and not in French - many French volunteers did not speak or understand English]. He said that those who work closest with the Imam have the greatest pressure because they are "under my eyes". He was laughing again.
He said as one jamat whatever is different you RESPECT and what is same you WELCOME. Jamat from all over the world.

He gave blessings again. He said remember, I may not be with you physically but you are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers.
No desert, river, mountain or boundaries can separate the Imam from the Jamat.

He finished his Firman here at 5:15 and walked down the steps. Walked through the hall again.

He then went alone to talk to non Ismaili spouses and someone we know who was there said that he spoke in French all the time so she did not understand a word. He was given a mike to speak to the spouses.
Then he went with the entire family to see RAY OF LIGHT EXHIBITION which is about his life. This exhibition will tour everywhere and if it comes to your countries do see it. We were told by the organisers that there will be material produced to accompany the exhibition. At the moment there is nothing. MHI was in the exhibition for a while.
MHI left the durbar hall with Princess Zahra, followed by Prince Amyn Mohammed and Prince Rahim, followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya.
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED

Ya-Ali-Madad to All.

Entertainment before Holy Durbar . – Prior to Durbar Day entertainment programme was held. It was quite different from what we are accustomed to in Canada. Rasda, Garba, Dandia, were all absent on that day. It was just beautiful with heart-warming programme. An Ismaili brass band entertained the Jamat. In the beginning Ismaili Anthem was played. It was a proud moment for all Ismailis. Proud in the sense that though Ismailis do not have their own country but have own Anthem that is routinely played by all governments upon His arrival. Tears were pouring out in abundance. Following that Beethoven music was played to the tune of eagerly listening hearts and more music followed. In the second phase a beautiful recorded music with excellent and loving rhythm was played. A man danced majestically with extra choreographic combination. It was just marvelous. In the second half of the same series a lady appeared and danced majestically followed by the same person and the women, both performing brilliantly and majestically. I have never seen such a marvelous entertainment before. The third in the series was Kamal Taj who entertained the Jamat with wonderful melodies and songs in honor of our Beloved Hazar Imam.

Durbar Day – There were long lineups. Volunteers who really are leaders of the community spared no efforts to make the event comfortable, happy, and memorable for young and aged alike. Everything went smoothly and successfully. Hours before the arrival of Beloved Hazar Imam gates were opened. Jamat took their seats. In the long lineups those dedicated volunteers made absolutely sure that the Jamat was properly fed, provided with drinking water. Not only that but to make the Jamat comfortable in long and time consuming lineups chairs were provided in the lineups. Paris is a small Jamat and the task to look after 15,000 to 20,000 strong Jamat was not quite easy. But for the sake of the Beloved and the Jamat they did it.

Thunderous Applause – Just an hour before Beloved Hazar Imam’s arrival, an announcement was made that His family would accompany Him. A deafening roar of clapping filled the Durbar Hall. The time of His arrival was enhanced by an hour. Minutes after 5.00 p.m. there He appeared on the screen with Prince Amyn, Prince Rahim, Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain, and Princess Khaliya. It was an outstanding, unforgettable moment of extreme joy that would stay in memory forever.

In the Durbar Hall – Durbar gates opened up. There He was for whom the heart thumped and eyes watered like a falls. He whose glimpse was unmatched by the entire universal beauties. He entered the hall first followed by Mukhi Sahib and Kamadia Sahib, Prince Amyn, Prince Rahim, Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya. It was just majestic and heartfelt procession. They all walked on red carpet that lay all over Durbar Hall. And finally Beloved sat on His Throne of Imamat.

Religious ceremonies – were performed. Princess Khaliya, probably her first presence at such an occasion, watched all ceremonies intently and with great enthusiasm. She must have been marveled to witness such a huge and disciplined and devotional Jamat.

On the Stage – Beloved Hazar Imam was first to climb the stairs. He sat on the Throne. On His right sat Mukhi Sahib and Kamadia Sahib, Prince Amyn, and Prince Rahim. On His left sat Mukhiani Ma and Kamadiani Ma, Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya. This was a majestic view not seen anywhere in the whole Universe. Believe it or not!

Beloved Hazar Imam goes to the mike – He showered His blessings on those present, those absent, those who departed. He made Holy Farman the text of which will be available at some time in the future.

Beloved Hazar Imam makes an observation and the Jamat laughs and He laughs too. He just wanted His beloved Jamat to laugh with Him. On His trip from Aiglemont, He said: He saw an arrow sign on His left that indicated Prison. Further down the road He saw another arrow sign on His right indicating way to Disney Land. Did this hilarious moment convey a secret message! My mind pondered into the phenomenon.

My view – Subconscious mind where Allah resides does not lie. On the Day of Judgment it is the subconscious mind that will determine destiny of the soul. That mind will stand by the Prison (Hell) and seek answers to the deeds and thoughts one has committed in life. It is a welcoming sign for those who are doomed in the hell. Conversely that mind will seek answers to the deeds and thoughts one has committed in life. One who passes the test will go to Disney Land (Heaven).
Here the ‘Heaven’ is not in material sense but spiritual i.e. one goes straight to where he came from!

Farewell from the Holy Durbar – Satisfying the thirst of His Beloved Jamat He rose to bid farewell. The Jamat with heavy heart wept again. He said you are all in My heart, thoughts and prayers.

Rays of Light – Upon leaving the Durbar Hall, Beloved Hazar Imam went straight to view an exhibition named Rays of Light. It is an exhibition that celebrates the tireless efforts of Beloved Hazar Imam over the last fifty years. The exhibition is an exceptional experience that hopes to provide its visitors with a feast for the eyes that stimulates the intellect and stirs the mind. Rays of Light is a Golden jubilee International Programme making its debut in Paris.

Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat - Upon His appointment as the Imam of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims in 1957, our Beloved Hazar Imam pledged to dedicate His life to the upliftment and progress of His community. Few at that time could have imagined the scope and depth of this lifelong commitment in the betterment of not just the Ismailis but that of humanity at large.

Raas Garba, Geet etc. - During the night after the prayers Kamal Taj and Team did entertain the Jamat with love, spirit, and great enthusiasm.

--Shamshtabrez.
ismaili786110

Paris Darbar 786

Post by ismaili786110 »

<BR>Wallah, Yallah, no ocean, no desert, no mountain can separate the Imam from the Jamat.... Yallah, in my case few hours before we were to fly to Paris I had to go to A & E and was told by the doctors that they I cannot be discharged becoz I needed hospital treatment.&nbsp; I was fortunate that my Mums blessings and prayers gave me the strength<BR>to discharge myself from the hospital without treatment and the doctors were&nbsp;refusing to discharge me.&nbsp; My Mums prayers and her support for me that she will look after me and she will find me the best hospital in France if I needed treatment.&nbsp; Few hours later I was able to discharge myself from the hospital and I could not believe that I was o&shy;n my way to Paris Darbar... I had the greatest experience of the Paris Darbar and I am so overwhelmed that I cannot find the words to describe my experience.&nbsp; Yallah thanks to my Mum and Mawlabapa that I have had the most memorable Paris Darbar ever.&nbsp;&nbsp; I would have cried and cried for everyday of my life if I had missed the opportunity of not being at the Paris Darbar.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am so fortunate that Mawlabapa made it possible for me to go the Darbar and I will never forget my experience and Hearing Mawlabapa saying no ocean, no desert, no mountain can separate the Imam from the Jamat.&nbsp; These words will always echo in my ears forever and forever Ameen, Shukar Walhamdullillah!
jimika

Post by jimika »

Some pictures of the Golden Jubilee France. Enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWYnUMPciSI