CN Tower Lights

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Red,Green&Gold

CN Tower Lights

Post by Red,Green&Gold »

To Whom It May Concern:

I am emailing you with a humble request. From 18th November to 25th November, His Highness the Aga Khan will visit Canada at the invitation of the Government of Canada, to celebrate his Golden Jubilee. During the Aga Khan’s visit to Canada he will engage in consultations with Federal Government officials and he will also meet with Provincial Government and civic leaders.

In 2005, Her Excellency the Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson conferred upon His Highness, Canada ’s highest formal civilian tribute (The Order of Canada) in recognition of his life of generosity, of thoughtful stewardship, and of benevolent spiritual direction. For further information about His Highness the Aga Khan and the Aga Khan Development Network please visit http://www.akdn.org.

To commemorate this special occasion of the Aga Khan’s Golden Jubilee visit to Canada , I am emailing to request whether it would be possible to illuminate the CN Tower with the Aga Khan’s colours of red and green from 18th November to 25th November? Perhaps red and green followed by a gold illumination (for the Golden Jubilee)? I am certain that such a symbolic gesture would create a lot of positive media attention and would also generate additional visitors to the CN Tower as the city will host a large number of international visitors who are in town to celebrate the joyous occasion.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please could you kindly forwarded it to the person responsible for the illumination of the CN Tower. I hope that you are able to light up the Toronto skyline in the same way that His Highness represents a shinning light for the world!

Yours faithfully,

UnitedHearts

Post by UnitedHearts »

Brilliant Idea and what a great vision.

I suggest you also write to the following to get the process rolling:

CN Tower Chief Operating Officer Jack Robinson and
David Whitaker, President and CEO of Tourism Toronto

Best of luck in your endeavour. And we hope you get fantastic support from all quarters.

Thank you.
bantu

Post by bantu »

Thank you very much Red, Greeen and Gold

The CN Tower looked even more majestic with the colours Red and Green that it was lit over the weekend.

Congratulations for taking this initiative to write to CN tower and for making your wish (and ours too) come true.
nasire786

CN Tower

Post by nasire786 »

Thanks to all who made the CN Tower shine. We traveled from Houston and were very impressed. Also thanks to all our volunteers who did an extraordinary job. It must have been a logistical challenge for our council and volunteers to organize this event at the Rogers Center. Their devotion to Hazar Imam truly brought the best out of them.
Admin

Post by Admin »

BUIteacher23

Post by BUIteacher23 »

so YOU were behind it? I thought that was amazing, thank you so much!!! I knew it wasn't for Christmas!