PARIS, FRANCE dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
raneesm

Post by raneesm »

YAM,
Do you know what date the actual Deedar is?
AlyMadad

Post by AlyMadad »

raneesm wrote:YAM,
Do you know what date the actual Deedar is?
In my knowledge I'm 100% sure that the Darbar is on 11th of December 2008 But officialy right now only Mawlana Hazir Imam Knows Him self that what date will be giving by him and will be announcing soon!.
raneesm

Post by raneesm »

Thank you so much!
hkm

Confirmed date

Post by hkm »

any confirmed date yet??My flight reaches 10/12 in the morning. I am nervous if I will make it or not. I don't know why they have hall from 9-13. Is the deedar going to be on a later day???
ismailikid

Post by ismailikid »

I am a college student traveling from the States and I was wondering if anyone knows of any really discounted hotels or if anyone in Paris is willing to share their accomodations or house me? Does anyone know who I should ask?
newyorker

Post by newyorker »

Ismaili kid, I am working on some accomodations with some other students from the states. I will keep you posted if we get any good deals or if anyone has open rooms. Where are you from and what are you studying?
ng070758

Post by ng070758 »

I am getting to paris o&shy;n morning of the 9th and flying back to ATL o&shy;n morning of the 12th and willing to share my room for free&nbsp;with o&shy;ne guy in my hotel room.I am staying 11/2 mile from charles de gaule airport.<BR>gila05@aol.com<BR>
Kmomin

France Darbar Website Address

Post by Kmomin »

The website address for France Darbar is listed below.

http://www.goldenjubileefrance.com
zubair_mahamood

Paris Infomation

Post by zubair_mahamood »

ismailikid wrote:I am a college student traveling from the States and I was wondering if anyone knows of any really discounted hotels or if anyone in Paris is willing to share their accomodations or house me? Does anyone know who I should ask?
Ya Ali Madaad and Mubarak to All

I live in a studio, I can share it for free if ur coming to Paris for Dedaar…. email me at zubair_mahamood@hotmail.com !

N if someone needs any info which u can’t find online relating anything plz feel free to email me I will inshallah reply u asap…!

Someone looking for just discounted or accommodation not luxury then I think Hotel Ibis, Etap and Formule1 are good with limited service (if I find anything else I will update)

Plz check maps before booking and write these hotels if they can provide any future assistance. It will help!

Ibis http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/reservation ... tels.shtml the nearest is the one at Ibis “Villepinte P expos”,“Charles de Gaulle Airport”, “Charles de Gaulle Paris Nord” then u have “Saint Denis Stade SUD (south)” the train RER B takes u directly to Parc des Expositions

Etap http://www.etaphotel.com/gb/reservation ... tels.shtml
Nearest one is the Rossy CDG Paris Nord 2….

http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/reserva ... tels.shtml
Nearest one is at Saint Denis Stade and the train RER B take u direct to Parc des Expositions!

Z M
Last edited by zubair_mahamood on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ismailikid

Post by ismailikid »

newyorker wrote:Ismaili kid, I am working o&shy;n some accomodations with some other students from the states. I will keep you posted if we get any good deals or if anyone has open rooms. Where are you from and what are you studying?
<BR><BR>I'm from Albuquerque, NM and I'm traveling from Washington DC. Thanks for your help. my email is <A href="mailto:naak08@aol.com">naak08@aol.com</A>.
Sophia14

Post by Sophia14 »

Hi, I'm also a student, I'm from Canada but I'm currently living in Germany for a year. I'll be travelling alone from Munich to Paris. If anyone has any more information about decent hotels or if the students from the U.S. figure anything out about group rates, could you please let me know? Thank you in advance, that would be greatly appreciated.
Sophia14

Post by Sophia14 »

And o&shy;ne more thing...does anyone know the exact date yet? I was planning o&shy;n catching a train o&shy;n Dec. 9, but if it's comfirmed that it will be o&shy;n the 11th, then I wouldn't come until the 10th. If anyone knows anything please let me know! Thank you :)
nagji13

picking up access/reg card

Post by nagji13 »

yam,

i noticed on the padhramni site, that those living outside france registering must pick up their own access card prior to 3 days before darbar.

i was wondering if anyone knows how strict this policy is, as would that mean we could not register now and pick them up a day or two prior?

its just that we don't know the exact date of darbar as yet...?

thanks
Nissony

When will be ?

Post by Nissony »

nagji i see a very good point in question, I also not be france person and arrive maybe same day as darbar, please someone tell us if this will be ok?.

Please AlyMadad, tell us why you are saying you are 100% sure darbar will be on the 11th when no1 else is. I ask 4 a good reason, I come from far and want to know when to book asap as everyone else im sure.

thank you for your replies :)

Ya Ali Madad
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

Are there any tours going with flights / package deals from Toronto?

p.s. i have a very good source telling me its on the 11th as well.
fayazskarim

Bonne Fete !!!

Post by fayazskarim »

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN lang=FR style="mso-ansi-language: FR"><FONT face=Calibri>Au Jamat Francophone, félicitation pour le darbar en France, désormais je ne serais pas capable de participer aux célébrations avec mes amis francophones car je viens de faire un deedar à Toronto. Je vous souhaite une très bonne fête du jubilé d’or et un très bon darbar&nbsp;! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
AlyMadad

Re: When will be ?

Post by AlyMadad »

Nissony wrote:nagji i see a very good point in question, I also not be france person and arrive maybe same day as darbar, please someone tell us if this will be ok?.

Please AlyMadad, tell us why you are saying you are 100% sure darbar will be on the 11th when no1 else is. I ask 4 a good reason, I come from far and want to know when to book asap as everyone else im sure.

Ya Ali Madad

My Dear Nissony ,
The Darbar never happen the first and 2nd day of any Darbar if you look back to other Darbars that toke place, Because 9th and 10th will be preparation for settlement of seats, 11th will be the Darbar and 12th need to preparation of Salgirah Mubarak for 13th.
Thanks
rabilobilo

Re: When will be ?

Post by rabilobilo »

AlyMadad wrote:
Nissony wrote:nagji i see a very good point in question, I also not be france person and arrive maybe same day as darbar, please someone tell us if this will be ok?.

Ya Ali Madad

My Dear Nissony ,
The Darbar never happen the first and 2nd day of any Darbar if you look back to other Darbars that toke place, Because 9th and 10th will be preparation for settlement of seats, 11th will be the Darbar and 12th need to preparation of Salgirah Mubarak for 13th.
Thanks

The hall is booked from 6 to 13 dec. Deedar can be 11, 10, 9 or 8 december.

Prepare you for the Deedar, pray and wait the official date.
Do not spend you time making theory.
Do not spend good time in Bad thing.

* * * * * GOLDEN JUBILEE DARBAR MUBARAK to You and your Familly * * * * *
newyorker

Post by newyorker »

Darbar will be on the 11th.
zullyh

PARIS ACCOMODATION

Post by zullyh »

<P>I went to London for Didar and booked my accomodation through VRBO.COM. This site rents out houses, condos, townhouses, etc. at very affordable rates (sometimes under $1,000 per week), you may have up to 6 guests per home,&nbsp;and is a 100% secure. The Metro in Paris is very good so it doesn't matter where you are in PAris, you are o&shy;nly 45 min. (maximum) from the Darbar Hall.&nbsp; Good Luck.</P>
alnoorv

how sure?

Post by alnoorv »

newyorker...how sure are you that the darbar is on 11th? becuz i have to let my school know what dates i will not be attending so i can make up my work... please let me know asap... thank you yam
rabilobilo

Post by rabilobilo »

* * * * * CONFIRMED * * * * *
------- Deedar 11th December 2008 -------

* * * * * GOLDEN JUBILEE DARBAR MUBARAK to You and your Familly * * * * *
Nurudin

Darbar Date

Post by Nurudin »

What is your source of info for confirmation of the Darbar date to be 11th?
salmanali786

Post by salmanali786 »

Man I wish I would have been able to see the final Golden Jubliee Darbar. I will appreciate if people can post their experience as I m dying to hear. Thanks
DAANISHSOOMAR

what is the count of paris jamat?

Post by DAANISHSOOMAR »

does any o&shy;ne knows how many people are expected at paris darbar?
sphinx

Re: Darbar Date

Post by sphinx »

Nurudin wrote:What is your source of info for confirmation of the Darbar date to be 11th?
It is officially on the France website now.......
sphinx

Re: what is the count of paris jamat?

Post by sphinx »

DAANISHSOOMAR wrote:does any o&shy;ne knows how many people are expected at paris darbar?
They are planning for 20K.
mun

Post by mun »

Ya Ali Madad,<BR>Please, does anyone have a phone number for Paris Darbar registration.<BR>I am having&nbsp;difficulties registering o&shy;nline and have emailed the registration team and have not received a reply yet.&nbsp; Would like to complete my registration before the deadline.<BR><BR>Thanks....<BR><BR>
frenchregistrationteam

Registration for Paris Darbar

Post by frenchregistrationteam »

mun wrote:Ya Ali Madad,<BR>Please, does anyone have a phone number for Paris Darbar registration.<BR>I am having&nbsp;difficulties registering o&shy;nline and have emailed the registration team and have not received a reply yet.&nbsp; Would like to complete my registration before the deadline.<BR><BR>Thanks....<BR><BR>
Ya Ali Madad,

we will respond to you shortly. We are overwhelmed with emails but will definitely answer your questions.

If you are in Paris, you can call the Darbar hotline : 0810 57 2007

thanks and Darbar mubarak
the french registration team.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Updates from theismaili.org

Welcoming the world to France: Preparing for Mawlana Hazar Imam’s final Golden Jubilee visit

The announcement of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee visit to Paris filled Ismailis in France, Belgium, Switzerland, and Côte d’Ivoire with happiness. The excitement is palpable in every Jamatkhana and Ismaili household.

Preparing the young

Bait-ul Ilm students in France prepare for the Golden Jubilee visit by creating their own messages for Mawlana Hazar Imam. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for France

For many in France and the French jurisdiction Jamat, the Golden Jubilee Darbar will be their first deedar. The visit planning team has placed special emphasis on planning educational activities for newly-arrived members of the Jamat and younger Ismailis.

Young members of the Jamat attending Bait-ul Ilm are commemorating the visit by writing messages of felicitations that will be displayed at the visit hall. Other activities and events are being organised for the youth to express their thoughts about the fifty years of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Imamat and to share their excitement over the upcoming Darbar.

Preparing the Jamat

Local artists and cultural enthusiasts are rehearsing tirelessly in preparation for visit celebrations. Training is currently under way for the recitation of geets and devotional poetry as well as the performance of traditional dances, theatre, and expressions of shukrana.

Two major international Golden Jubilee initiatives will also be coming to Paris in the next few weeks.

A Mystical Journey will bring together nine world-class performances. Over 60 artists and musicians will lead the audience on a musical journey of the mind, body and soul. They will enlighten and entertain through performances of qawallis, ilahis, kalams and rock songs, as well as the unique dance of the whirling Sufis.

Rays of Light: Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat is an exhibition that celebrates the tireless efforts of our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam during the past 50 years. The exhibition seeks to provide its visitors with an exceptional experience that stimulates the intellect and stirs the soul.

Preparing for the world

Members of the Jamat rehearse devotional recitations to be performed during the Golden Jubilee visit. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for France

The French Jamat is looking forward to welcoming Ismailis from around the world, as Mawlana Hazar Imam’s visit to France will be his final one of the Golden Jubilee.

Local volunteers are all undergoing training, aware that they will have a major role to play in the success of this auspicious occasion. New volunteer uniforms have been ordered for the visit, and special arrangements are being made to make sure that every murid from around the world feels welcome during their stay in Paris.

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/645/Welco ... ilee-visit