PYARA IMAM NI PYARI VAATO

Share small ismaili stories
kmaherali

PYARA IMAM NI PYARI VAATO

Post by kmaherali »

"Please kamadia sahib; will you give me the vaara to sing one verse of a ginan in the presence of Mowla?"

The following incident is from the time when Imam Sultan Mohammad shah arrived in Kuthch , India in a mela in the year 1903.

An old man was begging the leader to give him a vaara to sing a verse of a ginan.

"Mowla does not have enough time to listen to your ginan.You can get a vaara to sing in jamatkhana but not here in his presence",said the Kamadia sahib. "O.K.as you wish" said the old bhagat man.

This happened in Kutch ,Mundra. Mowla was at this place for 7 days, from Nov 16th through Nov 22nd 1903. On 23rd nov he arrived in a place called Bhadresar which is also in Kutch India. The old man also travelled to celebrate the mela there. He once again approached the leader and requested one more time to give him the opportunity to sing one verse of a ginan in Mowla's presence. his request was turned down. "O.k. as you wish", said the man in a disappointed tone.

Imam was in Bhadresar for 2 days Nov 23 and Nov 24th.Mowla made many firmans on brotherhood, kindness, compassion, truthfulness honesty and spirituality. he also emphasized the importance of jamatkhana attendance.

Next he went to Nagalpur yet another neighboring village in Kutch India . Mowla was to stay there for 4 days. Nov 5th through Nov 29th.
The old man being single and retired also went to the Nagalpur mela, hoping he might get some chance to say a verse of the ginan since that was his dream for many years and if not this time he was so old he may not get another chance in his life so he wanted to be persistent.

He approached the jamati leader once again in Cutchhi language.
"bava, mike hakdo ginan jo path sahib vata bolanu aay"
Now the leader was really upset "arre.. tun hinda bhi achi vyo aaiye?" "tu dise natho sahib ke ketra kam aain " Meaning "oh my god you came here again? Can't you see Mowla has so much work to do?" The leader was a little rude. His voice was a little louder.

Mowla looked at him and asked "what is the Matter?"
"Mowla this oldie wants to sing a ginan in your presence". He said with an attitude looking at the old man with an impunity.

It appeared like Mowla really liked the idea. He stopped the Mehmani ceremonies. He sat back in the chair and with great smile on his face very pleasantly looked the old man and said, "Achchha, tumko ginan ka path bolna hai? Eidher aavo" meaning:"So alright, you want to sing a verse of ginan?,come here and sing one" The old man got jubilant he rushed like a young man. He indeed was so excited about the opportunity he came near the takhat with his hands joined in front and body bending over with humility Mowla said, "Shabash, bolo"

The man started singing:
Eji dhan dhan aajno daadlo re
Ame alivar payaji
Char jugna kasmal papj talya..ji Hetno melavdo re
All the momins in the jamat started singing with him and there was a unique atmosphere of happiness and celebration in the air. He stopped after the first verse.

"Shabaash Khanavadan say the next verse continue" said Mowla overjoyed with the ginan. So the old man continued.
eji aalamot gadh patan delam deshji
tiya avtariya shah mankha veshji
hetno melavdo re .. mara
The tent was echoing with this beautiful ginan sung in a deep voice with such a great passion and love, it really touched everyone's soul. Imam was really touched by the ginan sung with such great love and passion. "say the whole ginan, Shabaash"said Imam.

So the old man kept singing completely lost in his Ginan and each and every word he sang came with unique sweetness and enriched the atmosphere in an amazing style. Everyone's hearts were dancing with joy. Mowla looked immensely pleased.

Once the ginan was completed Mowla tapped his back and once more said "Shabash bhagat, khanavadan, khanavadan, are you happy now?"
Bhagat said in Kutchhi "Mowla aauu to hetro raji thiyo aayaa, hetro raaji thiyo aayyaa ke muke hakumat enayat kai" meaning: "Mowla, I am so happy, so happy that I feel like I have been given the entire kingdom to rule"

"Are duniya ka raaj to kal chala jayega, magar hum tumko oodhar ham aakhratmein raaj dege aur tumko farmayege ke bhagat woh ginan bolo jo tumne hamko Kutch mein sunaya tha",said Imam meaning: "What use is the kingdom in this life it will all go away tomorrow? I have blessed you with a kingdom in afterlife and I will ask you bhagat sing the ginan that you sang in Kutch for me there."

Let us pray that may our Mowla be as pleased on us as he was on this old man and may we all be blessed with his mercy amen.

Page 28 Chapter 6
Author: Sairab Abuturab Vazir Jafferali Bhalvani English translation: Dolly Chandani M.D.
Los Angeles California Dec 20th
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

Karim,

Overall Pyara Imam ni Pyari Vato is a good read, however some of the anecdotes are not correct. ..but a good read.

Shams
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ShamsB wrote:Karim,

Overall Pyara Imam ni Pyari Vato is a good read, however some of the anecdotes are not correct. ..but a good read.

Shams
Shams,

That is perhaps accurate but for this one I verified the dates which correspond to the dates of KIM and the incident involves the whole Jamat which gives it more credibility...

Karim
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Shams
Thanks Karim for sharing it with us.
Btw Shams which anecdotes in this book are incorrect and how?
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

star_munir wrote:

Shams
Thanks Karim for sharing it with us.
Btw Shams which anecdotes in this book are incorrect and how?
There is an anecdote about Mukhi Meghji Moloo for example. I will not reveal all here as some of the subject relate to the subject of Mehmani.

Meghji Moloo went alone to the Imam's Bungalow.
There was no volunteer - however the butler/chef was told to expect someone bringing Mangoes. He had 24 Fresh and Ripe Mangoes - Alphonse Mangoes - procured from the stall of Mukhi Rajabali Mewawala in Crawford Market (father of Mukhi Mehndi Mewawala for those of us familiar with Bombay). Aliya Shams Ul Mulk - Mata Salamat was present during the incident.

You have my email Munir?

Shams
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

1925:Zanzibar)Mowla's padhramni - Pyara Imam ni Pyari vatu

Satguru padharya kai aapne dwar re aapne kem re karine paye
lagiye ..,hoji

My mowla has arrived at our door oh lord, how will I express my
love and devotion ,I am so overwhelmed with the joy.

Our 48th Imam Hazrat Imam Shah Sultan Mohammad shah enjoyed 72 years of Imamat and during this period he interacted a lot with his murids
in India and Africa. He showered his grace and blessings on his murids who had staunch faith and immense love for the Imam and were also spiritually advanced in ibadat bandgi.

The time was summer of year 1925

In a place called Jangbar (Zanzibar Africa) there was an Ismaili woman who was a good momin, very religious and ethical. She had great love for the Imam and day and night she used to say ya Ali's zikr tasbih.She had intense desire for the Imam's deedar. She used to be constantly chanting Giriyajari tasbih for the deedar of Hazar Imam

Imam Sultan Mohammad shah said in his firman once that Momin's voice reaches him faster than the telephone lines.

Similarly this woman's prayers reached Mowla and Imam decided to visit the jamat of Jangbar.

He sent a talika saying he is visiting Jangbar within a week Very few people are so blessed to have their prayers answered so promptly.

The year was 1925 summer time. It was very hot during that month, normally Mowla never used to visit Jangbar in summer. The leadership was concerned and surprised about such an unexpected visit. But again who is not happy with the news of Imam's deedar? There were festivities everywhere and big preparations for the Deedar. Buildings and jamat khana were decorated with lights, there were dandiya raas and saghridhams for the jamat and the place was full of excitement.

Shah ku aavta jo kahe taku lakh vadhai Panch sakhi kero vaalmo kene maliyo re bhai
Meaning I give many felicitations to the individual who brings this auspicious message of Hazar Imam's arrival Only the fortunate people have a beloved like my Mowla.

Imam Sultan Mohammad shah arrived exactly on the fifth day after the talika. Thousands of murids gathered to have the deedar of the Imame Zaman. Old and young everyone had gathered there.

Ashaji patal tani je sudhj jane Sohi dhani iya aavya ji
prithvina jene bandh j bandhya So nar hazar betha ..Ali anant anant
ya ali anant e jo swami

ALI, the ALLAH'S manifest Noor he knows the secrets of the 3 worlds and the boundaries of the universe. He is going to be sitting in front of us. He is the one who knows the truth of the eternity.

As Imam arrived he was received by the leaders, he arrived for the deedar which was in a jamat khana. He then went around where men were seated, and then he went around where women were seated. Finally he sat down on the chair and jamati Mukhi Kamadias and Mukhiani kamadiani were seated next to him as a usual ritual.

Everyone was blessed with the holy deedar. As soon as he sat down he asked the Mukhisaheb, "Where is the Mukhiani?"

The jamati mukhiani quickly rushed towards Mowla and stood with her hands joined together.

"No, where is the baitul khayal mukhiani?"

That time baitul khayal mukhiani was Hoorbai.

She heard her name and was startled, went quickly near the stage she was asked to sit on the third step of the stage.

Mowla then said, "Mukhiani you called me in this burning summer. Just like a fisherman catches a fish you have caught me and called me here"

This Hoorbai is the same lady we mentioned earlier, very religious and imani lady who with her intense supplication invoked Ali and brought Imam for the deedar.

Mowla looked at the jamat and said, "you must thank this lady because of her your jamat got the deedar".

Then he looked at the Mukhiani and said, "you must sit down and do bandgi do not stand in bandgi.when your legs hurt because of varicosities of your legs I also get pain".

The leadership and the jamat were stunned to hear this. How wonderful that one woman's ibadat helped so many murids to have Mowla's deedar! The deedar which cannot be obtained easily is considered to be one of the highest rewards for a murid.

We must always pray that Mowla should bless all of with the strength of faith and the love for the Imam of the time and ability to pray with good heart so that we can also see such grace and miracles in our life.

Now what are the benefits of the DEEDAR? Peers have placed great importance on jahiri and the batuni deedars Most important is the forgiveness of our sins. Secondly if we follow his firmans and give dasond we achieve salvation Thirdly deedar removes all our troubles and worries and fulfills our good wishes.

In olden days the jahiri deedar was extremely difficult. In current times it is relatively easier because of ease of travel. Still our faith (Imaan) has to be strong and or hearts clean and our deeds good in order for us to be blessed with the deedar of the IMAM OF THE TIME.

We must try and understand the real status of the Imam.

Peers have explained very beautifully the above concepts in the ginans

Eji sami ke galeme har hai,heera manek jadia Jisre bhave taku taku det hai sahib hai deel dariya.

Mowla has the most valued gift of granting salvation He also has the gift of firmans which are more valuable than jewels like Diamonds and rubies. It is his choice whom he gifts the precious necklace and whom he grants he jewels. He is most merciful and gracious. To obey Hazar Imam's firman is the foundation of our faith. Who ever obey firmans Mowla is pleased with that individual and he qualifies for Imam's love and grace.

On Oct 21, 1903, in Rajkot Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah said in his firman, "When I open my mouth to make firman I give away pearls of wisdom only the murids who have the wisdom and faith are able to understand its value and accept them." Allah guides whom he loves towards his Noor.

Eji sami moro chatur sujan hai Aape sreshta deevan jiske bharose
strheer raya jamin aasman

Means: my Mowla is the all knowing, all wise, best of mankind. The sky and the earth are in their relative functions and positions because of the Imam.

The secrets of all worlds are in the Hazar Imam. "Kul wa shain asainahufi Imame Mubin" IMAME MUBIN HAS THE KNOWLEDGE OF EVERYTHING (Sura Yasseen Ayat 12)

Peer Saderdin says in one of his ginan:

Aatmaram tame bada ginani Tari gat kene na janiji.

Means spiritual father, is the most knowledgeable and supreme No one is completely able to understand all His secrets and marvels.

In "dua e adila", Hazrat ALI says, "the world is sustained through the presence of the Hazar Imam. The earth, the sky and planets are in their orbits and relative positions because of the presence of the Imam."

Imam Zinulabidin said in his work called "farae hasmatain"

"If Imam were to be absent from the world the world with all its inhabitants would come to an end"

On Sept 5th 1885, in Bombay INDIA, Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah said in his firman, which is found in Kalame Imame Mubin: "Imam has to be
present in the world at all time. Imam is the support for the existence of the world"

Peer sadredin in his gyan kriti writes: Purush kshana matra dharni
na dharante sanchar Chandra suraj na drashta te bhomkar megh dharti
na akash bhave

Means: If the Imam who is the supreme being ,steps out of the world
for even a moment the world and the sun and the sky and the moon and
the stars and earth will be destroyed and there will only be
darkness everywhere.

Eji ja thaki hi jug jit hay, Ham hu bandire taki Vachne vachne pau bharu, Chanda suraj sankhi.

Means: Imam who is the support of the existence of this world, sun and the moon bear witness to this fact, I am the slave of this Supreme Being. There is an indication here to do firman birdari during day and night. Any momin whom is doing this is blessed with a happy family life.

Eji peer saderin bolia Koi man aapnu samjave Kapda dhove so kya hua Dil dhove so pave

Means: Peer saderdin is persuading his heart and mind with the truth
that it is important to clean the heart, and not just the clothes .Washing the external attributes is not going to help you to have god's deedar.

Imam Sultan Mohammad shah said, " Keep your heart like a clean mirror; if the mirror is dirty you will not see your face properly. Make sure your soul is clean and pure. If it appears dirty make sure to clean it promptly. A Momin's heart is the RESIDENCE OF IMAM. (Rajkot oct 24 ,1903) Quran says "kalbal momineen baitullah"

Means "Momin's heart is the temple of God"

Hence if there is jealousy and ill feelings for anyone in you heart, take prompt action to rectify it so that we can feel our hearts with the love for Mowla and make ourselves eligible for the deedar.

Dil mahe aayna pargata, So shah much dekhne kazre Kat tale jab ahe
ka To deedar pavan jog

Let us make our hearts shiny like a mirror, so that we can see the beautiful reflection of our Imam Let us remove all the rust So that we can make ourselves eligible for the deedar

One of the important initiatives for golden jubilee of our 49th Imam is to understand the Imamat and the IMAM. Peer saderdin says in the ginan:

Eji ek fikar munivar tamari chhe amne Maanas.. rupe sahib jano bhaiji

We have one worry about the murids that they might think that our
Mowla is a regular human being and not recognize the truth.

Let us as the murids not make a mistake of understanding our Imam as a normal human being with an exemplary leadership qualities and a great philanthropist capability and extra ordinary success in building Institutions for well being of the jamat an humanity as a large. Yes, in the worldly manners to the rest of the world he is so. But to the momins he is far above those attributes.

Imam is the Supreme personality of godhead, the ultimate abode, the purest, the absolute truth, and the greatest. He has the control over the universal affairs of material nature. When we see wonderful things happening in the cosmic nature we should know that behind this cosmic manifestation, there is a controller, nothing can be manifested without being controlled. The living entities and material nature are both predominated, controlled by the Supreme Lord.

Let us continue our personal spiritual search with a greater zeal till we understand HIS real being as our spiritual father. And we have the zahiri and the batuni deedar of his supreme Being without getting lost into the worldly jargon of how to articulate our faith to the rest of the world .let us not get fooled into the zahiri identity that we present to the world when questioned about our faith and our IMAM. LET US NOT FORGET THE ESSENCE OF OUR FAITH WHICH IS BATUNI, not understood by majority of the population. And let us prepare ourselves to take the Noor of Imamat in our hearts as we prepare for the zahiri padhramni.so we may be blessed with his Batuni deedar the ultimate goal of our existence.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

MAWLA'S FAVOURITE ICE CREAM

The year is 1920, time morning 10 am.

Place is Kharadhar jamat khana.

Pariya street .Karachi .Pakistan.

Lots of Ismailis have gathered. It is a big celebration and gathering.

Mawlana Shah Sultan Mohammad shah is about to arrive for the Deedar.The scouts and volunteers are marching with the band to welcome Imame Zaman.

The gates are closed since Mawla may arrive at any minute.

Five Sindhi Ismailis arrived at the main gate of jamat khana.

They looked very rural with their ethnic wear and dark pink Paghdis on the heads (a hat created with a long piece of colorful fabric). They were each carrying cantaloupes, in their hands.

The cantaloupes appeared very ripe and slightly busted because of heat.

They were late for the deedar. They traveled to Karachi from Sindh.The train was delayed. They arrived at the railway station and straight came to the deedar hall. They looked very simple and poor.

They wanted to enter the deedar hall. But volunteers were questioning them about the cantaloupes they were carrying.

They wanted to present the cantaloupes as mehmani in Imame Zaman's
presence.

The cantaloupes were from their own farms and it was their intention that they would open the fast after submitting the mehmani and having the deedar of Mawla. They were fasting for almost 24 hours.

The volunteer on duty was a little rude he looked at the cantaloupes and said to them, 'these are overripe and rotten cantaloupes how you can submit this for mehmani and again there are no individual mehmani.'

The Sindhi brothers started begging and requesting the volunteer to please let them in. he said,'first get rid of these rotten cantaloupes and tidy yourself and then enter the hall, Mawla is just about to arrive.'

'These are not rotten cantaloupes; they are just ripe and extremely sweet. Mawla will really like them, please let us take them we have specially brought them all the way from Sindh', said the Sindhi men.

'You can only enter if you trash the cantaloupe'', said the volunteer, not understanding the sentiments of the villagers.

The argument was going on and the whistle was heard signifying Hazar
imam's car arriving.

The men were not allowed in.

Lots of people were standing on either side of the lane to jamatkhana; volunteers were holding them back with a rope tied across to block any one from approaching the car, on both the sides of the street.

The car slowed down as it approached the lane turning in to jamatkhana.

The Sindhi men were standing there with tears in their eye. They were happy to have the glimpse of the Imam but sad that they could not enter the deedar hall.

Mawla's car passed them. He was saying Khanavadan softly as he
passed in the car and looked at the crowd standing outside.

Imam arrived in the jamat khana, went to the upper floor, gave deedar to the whole jamat and then came and sat down on the chair.

The leadership was engrossed in making all the formalities of the deedar.

Imam looked a bit restless.

He looked at Sabja Ali (who later became Peer) who was the missionary then.

And said, 'Sabja Ali'

'Yes, Mawla', said Sabja Ali.

'There are 5 Sindhi men standing outside jamat khana, they have brought fruit for me, call them in'.

'Ok, sarkar' said Sabja Ali unable to clearly fathom what Mawla really wanted.

Sabja Ali called a volunteer to come close to him so he could pass on Mawla's message to carry out the firman.

'Sabja Ali you go and bring them in.', said Mawla.

'They are my poor Sindhi momins who have brought fruit for me they are standing in sun; they are fasting for 24 hours'

'O Mawla how great you are how merciful you are' Sabja ali thought in his mind as he quickly went out to bring those individuals

Hastily he was looking for some elite individual with good looking fruit basket.

He made his way through the mob of people gathered outside, he saw
these five villagers with cantaloupes in their hands.

He was perplexed to see such simple men with ordinary slightly open
cantaloupes.

'Are you from Sindh'asked Sabja Ali

'Yes we are' said the men.

Peer Sabja Ali was convinced these were the lucky souls for whom
Mawla was waiting.

He escorted them inside to reach to the stage where Imam was waiting
for them.

Thy said 'Gurgat jamatka haizinda' as they entered the jamatkana hall.

The jamat was awed by the scene.

They reached up to the Imam and were bowing down; Imam placed both
his hands on each ones head as he accepted the cantaloupe from each
one and gave Khanavadan.

He was looking at the cantaloupes with great interest as he was looking at them with kindness and love.

Then he asked the Mukhi to place all the fruits in a big tray. He held one of the cantaloupes and cut it with a knife by his own hands and handed over one slice each to the five men and asked them to eat.

'I want you to eat in front of me since I know you all have not eaten anything for 24 hours and you have traveled long distance'

They were ecstatic with joy.

They ate with great happiness and thankfulness not believing their good fortune.

They offered one slice back to Mawla and asked him to please eat.

Mawla accepted the slice and ate with great taste in front of them

How blessed they felt!

Thus Imam fulfilled their wish, gave them deedar and ate their mehmani in front of their eyes.

What more does a momin want!

Entire jamat and Peer Sabja Ali were thrilled to witness this unique event.

Next he performed various jamati functions and when he was leaving he asked Sabja Ali to put the left over fruit in his car.

Peer Sabja Ali was surprised beyond imagination witnessing Mawla's gesture for the Sindhi men.

In the evening when Peer Sabja Ali went to Imam's residence on the
Sultan tekri Mowla promptly called, 'O Sabja ali, come here quick, try this ice-cream made of the cantaloupes which those sindhi murids brought, it is so delicious! I was waiting for you to give me company so we could enjoy'

Peer Sabja Ali took a plate and looked at the light orange colored ice cream which looked so tempting.

They both enjoyed the ice cream

Peer Sabja ali's eyes were tearful as he was touched by the emotions. He thought of the five Sindhi and Mawla's grace.

May Mawla's grace touch all of as it did to those lucky murids.May we all be blessed with His holy Deedar and may all our good wishes be fulfilled .Aameen.

From Gujarati book

Shahe Zaman Ni sunder vatu

Part 1 page 283

Author: Sairab Abu turabi

English translation:

Dolly Chandani M.D.

Los Angeles, California .

Jan 24th, 2008
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

kmaherali wrote:MAWLA'S FAVOURITE ICE CREAM

The year is 1920, time morning 10 am.

Place is Kharadhar jamat khana.

Pariya street .Karachi .Pakistan.

Lots of Ismailis have gathered. It is a big celebration and gathering.

Mawlana Shah Sultan Mohammad shah is about to arrive for the Deedar.The scouts and volunteers are marching with the band to welcome Imame Zaman.

The gates are closed since Mawla may arrive at any minute.

Five Sindhi Ismailis arrived at the main gate of jamat khana.

They looked very rural with their ethnic wear and dark pink Paghdis on the heads (a hat created with a long piece of colorful fabric). They were each carrying cantaloupes, in their hands.

The cantaloupes appeared very ripe and slightly busted because of heat.

They were late for the deedar. They traveled to Karachi from Sindh.The train was delayed. They arrived at the railway station and straight came to the deedar hall. They looked very simple and poor.

They wanted to enter the deedar hall. But volunteers were questioning them about the cantaloupes they were carrying.

They wanted to present the cantaloupes as mehmani in Imame Zaman's
presence.

The cantaloupes were from their own farms and it was their intention that they would open the fast after submitting the mehmani and having the deedar of Mawla. They were fasting for almost 24 hours.

The volunteer on duty was a little rude he looked at the cantaloupes and said to them, 'these are overripe and rotten cantaloupes how you can submit this for mehmani and again there are no individual mehmani.'

The Sindhi brothers started begging and requesting the volunteer to please let them in. he said,'first get rid of these rotten cantaloupes and tidy yourself and then enter the hall, Mawla is just about to arrive.'

'These are not rotten cantaloupes; they are just ripe and extremely sweet. Mawla will really like them, please let us take them we have specially brought them all the way from Sindh', said the Sindhi men.

'You can only enter if you trash the cantaloupe'', said the volunteer, not understanding the sentiments of the villagers.

The argument was going on and the whistle was heard signifying Hazar
imam's car arriving.

The men were not allowed in.

Lots of people were standing on either side of the lane to jamatkhana; volunteers were holding them back with a rope tied across to block any one from approaching the car, on both the sides of the street.

The car slowed down as it approached the lane turning in to jamatkhana.

The Sindhi men were standing there with tears in their eye. They were happy to have the glimpse of the Imam but sad that they could not enter the deedar hall.

Mawla's car passed them. He was saying Khanavadan softly as he
passed in the car and looked at the crowd standing outside.

Imam arrived in the jamat khana, went to the upper floor, gave deedar to the whole jamat and then came and sat down on the chair.

The leadership was engrossed in making all the formalities of the deedar.

Imam looked a bit restless.

He looked at Sabja Ali (who later became Peer) who was the missionary then.

And said, 'Sabja Ali'

'Yes, Mawla', said Sabja Ali.

'There are 5 Sindhi men standing outside jamat khana, they have brought fruit for me, call them in'.

'Ok, sarkar' said Sabja Ali unable to clearly fathom what Mawla really wanted.

Sabja Ali called a volunteer to come close to him so he could pass on Mawla's message to carry out the firman.

'Sabja Ali you go and bring them in.', said Mawla.

'They are my poor Sindhi momins who have brought fruit for me they are standing in sun; they are fasting for 24 hours'

'O Mawla how great you are how merciful you are' Sabja ali thought in his mind as he quickly went out to bring those individuals

Hastily he was looking for some elite individual with good looking fruit basket.

He made his way through the mob of people gathered outside, he saw
these five villagers with cantaloupes in their hands.

He was perplexed to see such simple men with ordinary slightly open
cantaloupes.

'Are you from Sindh'asked Sabja Ali

'Yes we are' said the men.

Peer Sabja Ali was convinced these were the lucky souls for whom
Mawla was waiting.

He escorted them inside to reach to the stage where Imam was waiting
for them.

Thy said 'Gurgat jamatka haizinda' as they entered the jamatkana hall.

The jamat was awed by the scene.

They reached up to the Imam and were bowing down; Imam placed both
his hands on each ones head as he accepted the cantaloupe from each
one and gave Khanavadan.

He was looking at the cantaloupes with great interest as he was looking at them with kindness and love.

Then he asked the Mukhi to place all the fruits in a big tray. He held one of the cantaloupes and cut it with a knife by his own hands and handed over one slice each to the five men and asked them to eat.

'I want you to eat in front of me since I know you all have not eaten anything for 24 hours and you have traveled long distance'

They were ecstatic with joy.

They ate with great happiness and thankfulness not believing their good fortune.

They offered one slice back to Mawla and asked him to please eat.

Mawla accepted the slice and ate with great taste in front of them

How blessed they felt!

Thus Imam fulfilled their wish, gave them deedar and ate their mehmani in front of their eyes.

What more does a momin want!

Entire jamat and Peer Sabja Ali were thrilled to witness this unique event.

Next he performed various jamati functions and when he was leaving he asked Sabja Ali to put the left over fruit in his car.

Peer Sabja Ali was surprised beyond imagination witnessing Mawla's gesture for the Sindhi men.

In the evening when Peer Sabja Ali went to Imam's residence on the
Sultan tekri Mowla promptly called, 'O Sabja ali, come here quick, try this ice-cream made of the cantaloupes which those sindhi murids brought, it is so delicious! I was waiting for you to give me company so we could enjoy'

Peer Sabja Ali took a plate and looked at the light orange colored ice cream which looked so tempting.

They both enjoyed the ice cream

Peer Sabja ali's eyes were tearful as he was touched by the emotions. He thought of the five Sindhi and Mawla's grace.

May Mawla's grace touch all of as it did to those lucky murids.May we all be blessed with His holy Deedar and may all our good wishes be fulfilled .Aameen.

From Gujarati book

Shahe Zaman Ni sunder vatu

Part 1 page 283

Author: Sairab Abu turabi

English translation:

Dolly Chandani M.D.

Los Angeles, California .

Jan 24th, 2008
There was one person not 4.

Anyway I can get a hold of Dolly and get her to make some corrections?

Shams.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The power of Nade Ali
At the fort of gadh chakva

This episode is from the time of Imam Khalillah Ali, our 45th Imame Zaman who was residing in Iran in a city called Mahelat.

Hansala te maan, sarovar re ya shah!
Ya shah ola bagla te kichad khay;
Janam gumavyo ene, bagalde re ya shah,
E bagla te hans na thay..
Sachcha swamine aaradhjo ji

(Peer saderdin)

Maan sarover is a beautiful lake in the mountainous region of Himalayas made of the glistening white snow and is a favorite place for swans to hang out and reside, it is also a great tourist attraction for its awe aspiring natural beauty. Peers have often compared the soul with the swan which signifies a pure peaceful beautiful bird with a great choice for habitat. Only enjoys pearls and great atmosphere of serenity and beauty. Flamingoes on the other hand are not considered as graceful as swans because of their nature to hang out and look out for food in the wet mud and dirt. In early summer when the snow in the Himalayas melts due to light sunshine of the sun it forms small springs which runs down the mountains as if jumping with excitement these small springs make small rivers which eventually come down to the plains to meet a big river which eventually rushes with great force towards the ocean to be one with the ocean Similarly river Atak in the state of Punjab Pakistan (then) meets with river Sindhu and becomes Sindhu very close to the Arabian ocean and becomes all in one.

During the time of Imam Shah Khalillah ali, a few murids from Punjab would travel by water and land to have the deedar of the IMAM-E- Zaman, who was residing in Iran.

One time a group of few men and few women under the leadership of Rai Ramumal ventured on a trip to get the deedar of Mowla. Their trip started from Punjab. There were no planes and fast trains those days. They started their journey in a medium size boat which moves by sails and by the sailors' .there were no motor boats then. Among these were 3 women and four men and two kids. Rai Ramumal was like a missionary, he would travel from one village to another and teach ginan and explain our tarika to the villagers. He would inspire love for the Imam in the hearts of the murids.From time to time he would visit the Imam in Iran and pay his homage on behalf of the jamat. While on his missionary trips he had prepared a few families this time to go with him to IRAN to meet the Imam of the time. They started their journey on river Atak in a medium size boat This river flows through Khanpur and Rahimkhan in Punjab and meets river Sindhu in Rehdi When the boat was in the mid waters on Sindhu which is a huge river, the river startedhaving floods.

The waves were getting stronger and stronger and the water force was getting vigorous. it also started raining heavily. Soon there was a big storm and the boat became very shaky.

The floods picked up a great strength and the boat was getting flooded. The murids started reciting "Ya Ali, Ya Ali" The sailors were desperate but they could not control the boat Sails were torn by the winds and boat had no direction. Far away on the banks of river people had gathered helpless to do anything and observing the show casing of the wild nature. Evening was rapidly approaching. Everyone started reciting Nade Ali. Rai Ramumal started reciting ginan in his loud impressive voice

"Eji tuj vina koi avar na dise
Mowla amne chhe tamaro aadhar ji
Ya shah tuj vina aame ekla swami ,
Tame thajo rakhvalji"

"Ya Mowla there is no one else who can save us but you.
You are our only support, without you we are helpless, please help us as we need you now. Whichever murid has called you in difficulties you have always responded. Please respond to our pleas and help us."

The waters were swirling in high circles and boat was pushed and swung in almost circles.

When there was no hope of surviving ,Ramumal spoke to all the murids "whether now we survive or not is up to Mowla but I have now with me Mowla's karsaji money Which the jamat has given me to give to Mowla am responsible to submit to Mowla,since our belief is that Mowla is present spiritually everywhere ,in water, on land , in the air, on your witness I would like to submit this money of Mowla to him by depositing in water with the dua that may it reach him and I be delivered of my responsibility." The followers replied, "Rai sahib, please put our jewelry with that money. If we die what use are these jewels? And if we survive tht is the only thing very important s please do it" So the women on the team removed their necklaces, bangles earrings an rings and tossed it in the cloth bag that Ramumal had. Quickly Ramumal deposited everything in the water with a prayer.

Soon a huge wave rushed on them, followed by second and third Everyone started Nade ali prayer loudly Nade ali, Nade ali, Nade ali Mazhar al- ajaib tajidahu auna lakafinawaib kullu hammin wa ghammin sayanji Ali bi wilayatika Ya Ali Ya Ali Ya Ali . Followed by a call "ya noor mowlana shah Khalillah ali ya mushkilkusha!" In a second there was a miracle the boat got like a lift upwards as if someone gave a push upwards , saved from drowning, the waves started getting milder and milder the people collected on the bank swere screaming, "Ya Ali Ya Haider" The boat suddenly found its direction and started sailing normal In a short time it reached the shore of the island called Sadh bela.
The travelers were made to come down from the boat on the island where many locals had gathered to help them and comfort them. All the travelers rested there at night and when they woke up in the morning the weather had improved remarkably. They performed the morning prayers and once again boarded the boat and started their journey toward Iran
Ramumal recited the ginan:

"Nav bhali Ali Shahki ,jame thor ,jame thor apaar:
je koi chade navme , sobhi haire sobhi haire hamara."

The boat then sailed up to Keti Bandar, a port near Karachi , They traveled towards Iran in another boat from here. They landed on the coast of Iran , and undertook a foot journey to reach Mahelat, the small city where Imam of the time was residing. The foot journey was not easy either; they had to cross jungles with wild animals. They finally made it to Mahelat. It was indeed a very beautiful place. A dream place for the faithful Ismailis, a very few could physically travel up to there. When this group made it to Mowla's city they were ecstatic with joy. Overjoyed their eyes were filled with tears. They were longing the deedar of Mowla which was such a rare blessing those days because of the travel limitations.
It was believed to be happening to those who were very strong in their Ibadat and devotion. Each one was wondering as to how does Mowla look? What is it to have deedar? They had never had a deedar in their lives. When they reached Mowla's place there were 10 other tents accommodating jamat from other parts such as Syria, Iraq and Kahiawar.
There was a big fort surrounding the city of Mahelat , which peer calls as Gadh chakva i.e. the fort Chakva in the ginan of Navroj na din sohamna.

Gadh Chakvane Kille shah Khalillah rame
Tya fatehali ne maya karine bolaviya
Anant aasha puri ammari nit Ali noore thruthya…ji

A few days passed some more murids arrived from Afghanistan , Tajikistan, Turkistan and Yemen. A message was sent to Mowla requesting a deedar for the collected murids. Mowla agreed to give the deedar on chandraat which was in 4 days. It was a long wait especially considering a long journey and many days of travel. They were all patiently waiting for the big day. The day of the deedar arrived. Sun rose with its golden sunshine.

The rooftops of the houses were covered with bright yellow sunshine.
Spiritual father the sun of the murids souls was to appear in moments.
Jamat gathered under Mowla's residence in the front court Mowla appeared on a low terrace for the deedar so everyone could see him. He looked like a shining sun, full of glory amazing deedar! his face was glowing with happiness and kindness and mercy he said Khanavadan, Khanavadan, Khanavadan.

The murids were blessed with these words which encompass all the mercy needed for one's happiness and well being of the worldly and spiritual life. He sat on a simple chair for sometime while the murids enjoyed his company and felt joyous and satisfied spiritually. Each one silently communicated spiritually with their spiritual father.
After a few minutes Mowla left. The message came to the jamat instructing everyone to leave, All the jamat got good deedar so they started packing to leave following the firman.

Second message came from Imam saying the team who has come from Punjab with Rai Ramumal must stay back .they will be called to meet with Imam in the morning.

The gathering separated. Most people were gone by evening. Next day morning Ramumal group went to Imam for personal meeting. Each one was extremely delighted to enter into the house of Mowla. This was the house of panjatan pak. They were saying sukhar tasbih silently in their hearts for such an opportunity. They were seated with great respect.
This was the house where every murid desires to reach one day but only a few lucky and blessed can make it to.

Eji e ghar serve je satsu,
Tena patak sarve re jay…
Aadi anadithi e ghar chaliyo
Teni sevae punya pavitra thay…cheto….
Eji e gharni ummed rakhjo munivaro
Jya sudhi jeevo tya sudhi seva karjo saar
Peer Hasan Kabirdin e ye ghar tamne bataviyu
Ema seso ma aanjo lagar
Cheto rikhisaro guru kahe ..
Sacha satgurue em kahiya

(refer translation)
This is the house to be served with faith and honesty
If you do so all your sins are washed away
This is the tradition age long
Whoever serves the Imam and his house becomes purified.
Always only depend on Him (Imam)
Serve him till you die.
Peer Hasan Kabirdin has showed you this house(JK)
Do not doubt one bit of this teaching
Be ware and believe what he says
That is what you have been instructed by the Imam.
(moman chetamni by peer Hasan Kabirdin)

In a short time Mowla arrived. He sat on a simple chair. Everyone recited the salvats. Mowla called everyone to come and sit closer to him He looked at Rai Ramumal and said, "you have served me and my jamat very well I give you my special blessings to you tell me if you had any difficulty in reaching here?" "Ya Mowla by your blessings we had no problems" Ramumal was not amongst those who will elaborate if not important any more.

Imam asked again "no difficulties at all?" "Ya Mowla you are aware of everything that happened" Said Ramumal with his hands joined very politely "Ok, Ramumal tell me what happened on river Sindhu near Rehdi?" "Mowla you have the light, you know everything" Said Rai "I know it but I want to know from you" Said Mowla as he kindly looked at everyone So Ramumal gave the spoken report of everything that happened on the boat.

When Ramumal talked about the boat getting an upward push that stopped the boat from drowning, he became very emotional.
Mowla asked "who gave that upward push?" "Ya Mowla it was you" "No doubt it was me"

"Yes Mowla I agree" "Yes indeed" Imam said Then he pulled his shirt from his shoulder exposing his right shoulder and said "Look my shoulder is bruised and hurt because of the push I had to give to your boat to stop it from drowning" "When you called me I had to come instantly" Ya Mowla we ask your forgiveness for the trouble we gave you. Said Ramumal "No, no! You are my spiritual children and it is my duty to save you when you call me in difficulties" "But what about my bag that you threw in the waters?" asked the Imam? Ever one remained quiet. Now before Ramumal could try to explain about it he called upon a servant and spoke in Farsi to bring something. The servant came with a wet green bag, same bag that Ramumal had tossed in the water in the midst of the storm
Was it this bag? Asked Mowla "Yes Mowla, indeed it was this bag, there is no answer to your abilities" "Is there anything of yours in this bag?" Imam asked. "No Mowla nothing was ours it was all yours" said Ramumal Thinking everything of ours, is all his given by him so how can anything be mine. Nothing is of yours are you sure? Asked Mowla with a smile again No Mowla, nothing is ours" said Ramumal politely and rest of the group agreeing with a nodding gesture. "Shabaash, Khanavadan," Mowla said and then fondly placed his hand on each murid one by one. Imam then asked for a big tray and he emptied all the contents of the bag, he then picked up each piece of jewelry one by one and looked at the owner of that each piece accurately and gave it back "I have received my own share but these jewelry were yours to keep" It is your gifts. With a very pleasing gesture he said, "I am very happy with your love and devotion towards the Imame Zaman. Always remember us and practice your faith regularly. you will never be unhappy if you serve my house I will always protect you but do not forget me." Then he looked at Ramumal and said, "Recite the slokas by satguru" So Ramumal recited the following verse

Satguru kahere mahima amaro maata tano
Ane pitay ame jjan;
Pan parnari karan amne tajsho
To mat pit kem thaiye nirvana re

We are like you mother and father but if for material life you leave your parents and forget them how can they come to your help?

Imam said "rukhsat"
Meaning: "you can leave".
All left and returned back to Punjab safely.

Translated from: Gujarati book Pyara Imam Ni pyari vaato. (Page 45, chapter 10)
Authors: Sairab Abuturab
Vazir Jafferali Bhalvani
English Translation by Dolly Chandani M.D. Los Angeles, California .
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Imame Zaman: Shah Karim Hazar Imam.
Place: Garden Jamatkana, Karachi, Pakistan

It was year 1962 Mawla was about 25 years old.

He was at Garden Jamat khana for the religious ceremony called mehmani. Mehmani is a religious ceremony where murids get to do the offerings to the Imame Zaman on an individual basis. Normally each family is asked by the leadership to not ask any personal questions to Hazar Imam due to shortage of time. But sometimes if the family has some serious emergent issue in life they courageously present to the Imam and he always responds with the answer and guidance, no matter how much pressed on time.

There was a long line of momins waiting to be blessed in person by Hazar Imam. The line was moving at a steady space. Suddenly the moving line stopped. One family presented themselves to Mawla. The name as introduced by the leader to Hazar Imam was Mukhi Maherali valid Mukhi late Noor-Ilahi –Uchh sharif. Yes, he was the Mukhi of Uchh Sharif

The same place which has a great historical importance in the history of our Peers.
Peer Saderdin and Peer Hasan Kabirdin have been buried in this place. Now the Mukhi of UCHH Sharif had encountered a tragedy in his life and he was very worried. He believed that meeting with Imam will most certainly resolve all his troubles and tribulations. As has always been taught in the ginans by Peers that all "zanzal" meaning troubles come to an end by Hazar Imam's deedar.

He came in Mehmani with his mother and brothers. As soon as they reach Mawla's huzur, the Mukhi was overwhelmed with emotions and he started weeping. The family was very religious and had great faith in Imam. His heart was singing the ginan:

"Tuj veena koi awar na dise, Swami amne chhhe tamaro aadhar.".
Meaning: Mawla you are my only reliance. I have no other help
I am all alone without you, please be my savior.

Mukhi, what is the matter?" asked the Imam
Mukhi was sobbing, unable to reply.
Mukhi what's the problem?" Mawla asked once again.
Khudavind you have the light to know everything" he replied in Urdu
"Yes I have the light but you still say it to me." Imam said kindly.
Mawla you are aware of everything, I have no other support but you. Who else do I go to?"
He looked in total submission to Mawla. Imam's face became serious and concerned.

Here the big line of murids was waiting patiently as Hazar Imam was trying to figure out the problem of this Mukhi who was unable to describe or talk about the tragedy he was facing.
After a few seconds Imam asked one more time with love and kindness "what is the matter, can you talk?" Once again the same answer from the MUKHI
"Mawla you have the light and knowledge of all matters"

"So the Police have been able to catch the criminal who killed your father so far?" asked Mawla gently "No Khudavind" "And now they are putting the blame on you for your father's murder?"
"Yes Khudavind" And they are going to convict you? "Yes Khudavind"

"So what do we want to do?" asked Imam. "Mawla You know it better" Mukhi said in total submission relying only on Hazar Imam.
"If you say I can call governor so that no one troubles you unnecessarily until they find the criminal"

Now the incident was as follows:
Few burglars had entered their house and killed mukhi's father who was a very old man.
The old man Mukhi Noor ILAHI was a very prominent Mukhi of his time. He was alone at home when few burglars entered the house killed the helpless old man without any mercy and took away lot of stuff and money. In the morning when the family discovered the crime among who was his son Mukhi Maherali they promptly reported it to the police. Police dept however was inefficient and unable to find the criminal for almost a month

To hide their own short comings the investigator came up with a false accusation of son being the possible murderer of his father for greed of inheritance so they charged the current MAHERALI MUKHI.as a possible suspect

This was a very tragic situation for the Mukhi. He did not know what to do. The justice system in third world country can be sometimes very corrupt and unjust. Criminals enjoy freedom and innocent can be in jail for years.The Mukhi was a straightforward religious man he was devastated with the ordeal. He began his Giriyajari tasbih and intense prayers and fortunately got the opportunity of the mehmani.

Hazar imam said "You go to the governor; he will take care of you" "Mawla do not know any governor. You are the governor of all the governors" Mukhi said humbly

Mowla smiled at this remark. Mukhi was still weeping like a kid. "Mukhi Please stop crying your father's killer will be caught very soon" "Late Mukhi Noor Ilahi is in my presence. His soul is with me and he is very happy" Hazar Imam said. "Aameen Khudavind" responded Mukhi.

"Mukhi, your enemy is my enemy, your father's killer is going to be caught very soon,
In fact as I speak to you he has been already caught by the police" said Mawla very confidently
It was precisely one o'clock in the afternoon then. The Mukhi, his old mother and other members of the family felt relieved when Mawla said this. Mawla gave lots blessings to all of them.

The family was really fortunate to have so much of grace of Hazar Imam bestowed on them
Then everyone went to their temporary residence. a big burden was removed. They had the dinner and for the first time felt at ease. At night when they reached the temporary residence there was a message waiting, from the head of the police dept informing that his father's killer was caught.

The Mukhi felt very grateful to Mawla. He was overwhelmed with a feeling of great sukhrana.
Mowla had really helped him very promptly just like prophet Mohammad was helped by Hazrat Ali when he recited Nade Ali prayer, when battle of Khyber was not getting anywhere.
Even before the Ya Ali call was completed, Hazrat Ali came at speed of the light to help Nabi to conquer the fort of Khyber. He said "labbaek" and came on his dul dul horse from Medina to help the prophet and the battle was won.

It was the same Noor of ALI which is passed on to each Imam of the time in a hereditary manner called by "nass" Is manifest in Hazar Imam and has the same capability as Hazrat Ali.

Mukhi Maherali went back to his place Ouchh Sharif next day morning. The police reported that the criminal snatched a man's gun and ran and tried to hide in a masjid and was caught by the police exactly at about one pm on previous day. Same time as Mawla reported.

The burglar was caught by the police and later recovered all the stuff he had stolen. He confessed he had stolen all that from Mukhi Ilahi's house and that time he had killed the Mukhi.
The killer was taken to justice and punished.

In 1973, there were big floods in Sindh, Punjab. Many villages were wiped out. Thousands of people were adversely affected by the enormous damage. At that time Mukhi Maherali of Uchh sharif did a great job. He worked day and night to help the people suffering from the disaster.
He saved a lot of individuals by pulling them out of deep waters.

Imam shah Karim Al-Huseini sent a detailed message to the jamats of Pakistan regarding this disaster. He had thanked all the volunteers who had helped in this crisis; in that letter he had specially thanked mukhi Maherali .

About 12 lines were devoted to his bravery and good deeds These were handwritten lines by Mowlana hazar Imam.

This is the true marvel of the Imam. And such devoted are Mawla's true momins!
Mawla is always with them.

From Gujrati book: Shahe Zaman ni Sunder Vaato (Page 1 to 18)
Author: Sairab Abu Turabi
English translation:Dolly Chandani M.D.
Los Angeles ,California.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

A promise is a promise

This anecdote is from the time overlapping Imamat of 48th and 49th Imams.

In year 1948, a Jamati leader from Jangbar,(now Zanzibar) went to Europe ,and fortunately he had the opportunity to meet with Imame Zaman Imam Sultan Mohammad shah.

He had deedar and meeting with the Imam and during the talks he mentioned to Mawla that, "Ya Mawla I have found a great literary original script of Sheikh Hazrat Mohedinn Ibne Arabi which is a hand written work"
Mawla was so pleased to hear that he asked, "Do you have it now?"
"Khudavind I did not bring it along but I have it at home; I can send it by courier."
Imam praised the book and said, "That is a rare book so does not give it to anyone when I come to Jangbar give it to me personally".
Vazir was excited to know that he had something which Mawla likes and not only that he is willing to accept it as a gift from me.
He was also so excited to hear that Mawla will be coming may be shortly to Jangbar.

Now what happened was that Imam Sultan Mohammad shah never visited Jangbar in that joma again. Almost 9 years had passed.
On July 11th 1957, he passed away and Imam Shah Karim became the Hazar Imam.

Ismaili Jamats were deeply saddened by the fact that the Imam who had a long Imamat time had passed away.

Vazir saheb also felt very much that he was not able to gift the book to Mawla.

But he was a true Ismaili who had faith that one day may be Imam Karim will come to Jangbar for the book.
He remembered Imam Sultan Mohammad shah's firman;
"Imam's Noor is one and the same. It takes different forms. Just like in different colored light bulbs the electric current is the same but because of different colors appears different"

Karachi 2nd july 1951.

He was always thinking about the book and he knew he does not want to sell it but just for curiosity sake he wondered what could be price of this book if he were to sell it.

So he started making inquiries.

One of his sons was studying in Europe so he asked him to put an ad in the news paper.
One famous old book store offered one thousand pounds which was 20 thousand shillings then.
He expressed his apology for inability to accept the offer because he actually never wanted to sell the book.

After 11th july 1957 Hazar Imam stared his visits to different countries for deedar and bayat. Imam Shah Karim arrived in Jangbar in for the deedar. Count Gulamhussein Ismail was in close attendance with Hazar Imam. Imam asked Count Gulam Hussein to call the Vazir who was present in the deedar hall.

Vazir sahib came to the Imam.
"Do you still have the book I asked you to keep?"
The Vazir was dumbstruck! He was shocked to hear this. It was Imam Sultan Mohammad shah who had asked him to give the book. Imam Shah Karim was not physically present there. Then how did he ask for the book?

But Imam is aklekul he knows everything!
Vazir was ecstatic with joy that Mawla is going to keep his promise.
He replied "Ya Mawla I still have the book."
"So you bring the book personally to my residence tomorrow"
"Aameen Khudavind" Said the Vazir, not able to believe his good fortune!

He could not sleep all night in the excitement that it is such miracle that promises given by one Imam was fulfilled by the next one! He kept reflecting on the concept of "changing joma". Noor upon Noor, he was truly touched. He kept thinking about "Imam is the Noor of Allah", who has the ability to know everything.

Early morning he went to Hazar Imam's residence with the book. He respectfully presented the book to Hazar Iman. Mawla accepted it and asked with a smile "Vazir how much were you getting for the book?"

"Khudavind, one thousand pounds" replied Vazir sahib.

"I will make arrangements for you to receive those thousand pounds" said Mawla.

Vazir became very humble and requested that this was a gift from him to Mawla. "I do not want any money please accept my submission."
Mawla said, "Shabaash, Khanavadan!"

He then handed the book to the Vazir and said, "In that case write that on the first page in your writing so will think of you whenever I read this book."

In 1966 when Hazar Imam made another padhramni in Jangbar he once again gave blessings to the Vazir sahib and said "your generation will never be unhappy"

Marhaba Marhaba!

Swami maro evo chhe
Je keno na rakhe bhar
Ek vaar swamine aaliye
To swami aale so so var

My lord is such that he never keeps any one's obligation on him.
He returns hundreds of times if you give him once.

Source:
Shahe Zaman ni sunder vaato
Vol 2, page 63 to 71
Author:Sairab Abu Turabi
English translation:Dolly Chandani.M.D.
Los angeles ,California
Feb 18th 2008
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The Imam and the yogi of mount Girnar

This anecdote is from the time of our 47th Imam Aga Alishah sahib. Once the Imame Zaman went with Varas Ismailbhai Gangji to climb the mount Girnar, a famous mountain in Gujarat INDIA.

This mountain is about one mile high and it has about seven thousand steps to reach the peak. The Imam of the time asked his Varas to accompany him to go up the mountain.

Now why did Mowla want to go on mount Girnar? There is always a very good reason why Imam does anything. Every movement and act of Imam has some meaning behind it. There is always some wisdom and reason behind it. None of Imam's action is without any real meaning.

A great scholar named Kausar Niyazi in 1973 on the occasion of Sirat conference in KARACHI presented a beautiful poem in praise of ALI.
Anything that Ali does is with wisdom and purpose. Even the simple acts like, walking, standing, sitting down, playing, talking, traveling etc, has some reason none of his activity are without any meaning and understanding.

Hence if the Imam went up the mount Girnar with Varas Ismail there was a reason.

The two of them climbed about 500 steps and reached a certain point where there was a huge tree with beautiful shade.

There was a stone platform under the tree and a Yogi was meditating under it. The Yogi looked very engrossed in his meditation and ibadat
He had long hair and beard and was meditating with the specific breathing pattern. Imam and the Varas walked towards the yogi as decided by Imame Zaman.

As they approached him the dry leaves were crushed under their feet which made a soft sound. The yogi opened his eyes. He looked at Mawla and his companion who were sitting just across him on a bar of dry tree.
He did not find anything unusual about them so he closed his eyes again and started praying again.

Peer saderdin has beautifully said:

"Ek fikar muniver tamari chhe amne,
Manas rupe saheb jano ho bhai jee.

Means:
O momins, I am worried about you that you will see Mawla but you will think he is just a regular human being like you.

And you will not recognize that he is the Noor of Allah. He is best of human being born in the most pious family of Prophet Mohammad. He is the light and he is the life of the universe.

E veerabhai re aal thaki je mukrar j padiya
Tene gafal e janam haraya jee

Some people never get to understand the essence.
Their entire life time is wasted.

Implying that the yogi did open the eyes to see the Imam but he failed to recognize the true form of him. so he just ignored him and closed his eyes again.

Sadly he did not have the inner light to see the truth right in front of his eyes.

There is very beautiful poem by ABD which tries to explain the Imamat, in the light of Bhagvat geeta and Veda The Hindu csriptures.

Pragat Kanaiya aawat hai
The Krishna is going to manifest again

Chhod mughat peetamber! Mulak ARAB KE
Pragat kanaiya aavat hai.

Lord Krishna is going to manifest in the land of Arabs he will not have his famous royal head cover the mugat and yellow silk clothing.

Jal vahan jule mei julat !
Laherat saiya aavat hai!

He will travel by water in a boat
My beloved will arrive

Hind dwar suswagat bharti maiya!
Pujan piya aawat hai!

He will be welcomed by the land of India.
And he will accept the devotion of his followers

The earth of India is really fortunate to have the lord arrive here to help his believers.

Parsu ghen ! bakri charaiya the kal !
Aaj asva khelaiya aavat hai

The one who played with the cattle and goat
Is today going to play with the horses

Sunn shankh ke naadme aazan ki poon!
Bang bajaiya aavat hai

The call made with the shell is now replaced by the call of aazan

jalchar vachnar roop kashtri bire haman shudra dhariya aawat hai

He is the savior of all castes and creeds such as Brahmin, kshtriya or shudra.

The light of Vedas and the Purans and the Kuran
All in one is arriving

He is one who will want to spread the music of peace and harmony in the world just as Krishna did with his flute.

Kali mein "Ali" roop bhayo naklank
Voh Abd ke saiya aawat hai.

In the kalyug the naklank manifestation is Ali.
Who is the beloved of ABD is arriving.

It is not easy to understand the teachings of "abd"
So was the case with the praying Yogi

DID HE KNOW THAT:

Ek Ram dashrath ghar dole ek ram ghat ghat me bole
Ek Ram ka sakal pasra ek Ram to sabse nyara

Means:
There was one Ram who was born in the house of King Dashrath.
There is one Ram who is residing in the heart and soul of each human
There is one Ram who is all pervasive, ever present who is the unique being.
He is one and the same.

The all pervasive Ram manifested in a human form as a son of King Dashrath. He looked like a normal human being
They needed the inner spiritual eyes to see his true form.
But only the very fortunate who were blessed with the Imman had the ability to recognize him.

Shri Krishna says to his favorite friend Arjuna in Bhagvat geeta the following:

"Hoon yog yagne nahi malu ,nahi tap tirth ked an,
Arjun mahima janjo maru bhakti chhe gyan
Arjun suno GEETA saar pandav manjo nirdhar."

You will not find me by mere prayers and meditation
Nor will you find me by charity and visits to the holy places
You will only find me if you devote your self to me with the knowledge and intellect.

(How important is the knowledge!!
Hazar Imam in his golden jubilee has made "understanding Imam and Imamat" an important initiative.)

Our Peers have said in the ginans:

Jogi jagam jugmma jota fare van van fare re udaas.
Darshan swapne pame nahin nit kare jog apwas
Partake patra ne parkhine preme pujone pay
Chowd bhramand no e dhani pargat chhe jug may…partake

The yogis who leave the material world and wonder from one forest to another in search of God, feel sad and disappointed
They fast and pray all the time.
But do not even have the fortitude of having lord's deedar in the dream.
Some of them do not have the inner light of recognizing the Vessel carrying the NOOR.
So even if the lord himself is standing in front of his eyes he cannot recognize him. This is really sad.
So please make an effort to recognize the vessel carrying the Noor, that Noor which controls the entire universe.

Imame Zaman waited a few minutes and then decided to return.
So Mawla and Vazir Ismail Gangji started going down the mountain.

"Vazir, did you understand anything?" asked Mawla.

"No Khudavind" replied the Vazir.

"This yogi opened his eyes and looked at us but immediately closed his eyes and went back to his routine, what does that mean?"asked Mawla.

"Mawla you know it better, I am a small person, what will I understand?"

"Vazir, this yogi is meditating here for last 30 years with one goal in his heart that he wants to have lord's deedar but today I am here to reward his desire and give him the deedar, he opened his eyes saw me but did not recognize me."

In Bhagvat geeta, Lord Krishna says (chapter 9)

Avajannti ma mudha manushi tanu masreetam:
Par bhavam jannto mam bhut maheshvarm,
Moghsha moghkarmano

Means:
Because I have taken the form of a humanbeing the ignorant ones are neglectful of me.
They just do not have the knowledge to understand my real being which is the all pervasive all knowing supreme form

These ignorant ones are at a loss because their deeds and desires and prayers are all in vain. They get hypnotized by the material world which will make their brains and lives empty
And devil is in their company.

Imam ALISHAH saheb said to Vazir:

"Vazir this Jogi did the meditation for 30 years but he did not have a teacher to guide him hence he cold not go further. without a teacher you cannot achieve very much. It is only with the help of a right teacher you can achieve your goal. the importance of Murshid is very big."

Peer saderdin has said in his geenan:

Sahast varas kije bhakti murshid keri ekaj rati
Ane jo guru tuj par kare inayat to gunah tera sab hove itayat

Means:

You may pray for thousands of years but if you obtain one crucial tip from your Murshid, the teacher you could achieve a status in ibadat where you will be blessed and all your sins will be forgiven

The Imam elaborated:

"This yogi did not have a guide, hence even when I came all the way here to see him he did not have light within him to recognize the object he was praying for."
"Although his wish for my deedar was fulfilled he lost the benefit that he could have had in his life from the deedar. He was put off by my human and Muslim form."

The Varas was awestruck by this explanation and the whole event.
His Imman got a boost from this event.

"Satguru paras sadhu tramba
Bhete sovan hoi jyu jal mine aap prakashe tyu manje darshan sohi."

The true teacher is like Paras, a metal which has the property of turning copper into gold just by its touch. Here the copper is the follower of the true teacher.

The Vazir started thinking, and asked Mawla, "Ya Mawla, this yogi suffered so much, he tolerated extremes of weathers and so much of daily hardships. He sacrificed so much to do ibadat. so all that was waste? Is it fair?"

"He will definitely get some benefit. This benefit is not enough to give him salvation." said Imam Alishah datar.

According to peer in a ginan:

Eji purav punya veena kyathi pamiye
Ane sacho satpanth saar.
Satpanth padarth pamiye
Bhai jo dil hove paak
Means:

Without good deeds you cannot find the straight path
You cannot touch the essence if you have a black heart.

If we believe that we are on Sirate Mustakim we should grab the opportunity to recognize the Imam of the time, perform firman birdari and reach the essence.

As per poet ABD

Inko pahechano agar rakhte ho tum aklosh uur
Ilmka dava hai jinko aaye voh pere huzur.
Kahedo moosase koi roshan hova phir kohe tuur
Aa rahi hai kaanme mere sadaye bbange sur
Murda dil zinda huve thokarse jinki besumar
Hai masiah e Zaman Sulta mohammad namdaar

Meaning:
If you have any intellect and wisdom, recognize Him.
One who has the claim of "All Knowing"
Someone please tell the prophet MUSSA that the light has arisen once again on the mount Kohe tuur
I listen to his words, those words which have the ability to awaken many a sleeping or astray souls.

Imame Zaman is the real messiah if you understand.

Source:
Shahe Zaman ni sunder Vaato (gujrati book)
Author: Sairab Abu Turabi
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Kmeherali

The anecdotes you posting are truly gold for us. One has his imaan boosted after reading such stories.

Thanks a ton ! :)

Looking forward for more stories. Great work.

Thanks once again.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The Imams and "Water"

Water …the important life line.

THE POWER OF DIVINE

The individuals with faith and wisdom will witness and believe the secrets and miracles of the Imam. But those with half hearted faith and lacking the knowledge of Imam and Imamat will not understand it and dismiss that as humbug .those who do not recognize the potentials and powers of prophets and Imam are like a blind individual for whom the mirror and a stone plate both are same because he cannot see.

Hazrat Imam Sultan Mohammad shah.

WATER

This very simple free commodity is so important for life.

Water it self is a grace of God, a miracle in it's self.

Oceans are full of unlimited quantity of salty water, but not much of use to daily lives to humans.

The same water evaporates and converts it self to rain water and returns to earth as sweet water. So tasty and useful! Sustains life!

· In the times of Hazrat NUH, the water supported the boat carrying 313 believers and granted them life while the same water gave death to others.

· In the time of Prophet Moses the immense amount of water in the ocean created a passage to walk for him and his followers who were all saved while the unbelievers were drowned by the same waters.

· Prophet Mohammad could produce water to appear from the tips of his all five fingers whenever he desired..

· Prophet's forefather Hazrat Ismail ,the son of prophet Abraham when he placed his foot on the Earth of Mecca, the fountain of pure tasty water sprinted out which is up to date is known as AABE ZAM ZAM.

· When Mawla Murtaza Ali was marching to the war of Siffin to fight MAVIYA at one juncture there was extreme shortage of drinking water for the army .there was a Christian montessary just a little distance away from army tent of Hazrat ALI.There was a huge rock just next to the Christian priest's Montessori.

Hazrat ALI asked the army to move the rock to expose a water spring.

However the army was unable to even slightly move the rock. Other people in the vicinity also tried to help to move the rock but of no avail.

Then Hazrat ALI himself came and lightly pushed the rock which moved far away and exposed well underneath. The water of this well was so sweet and tasty and cool and pure.

The Christian priests who witnessed this event quickly fell in Ali's feet and conceded that our forefathers had left a message that this rock will be moved by a successor of the last prophet, when he arrives and moves the rock believe in him to be the truth and his religion is right and to have faith in him is right path.

All those Christians accepted Islam.

The army enjoyed the sweet pure water and moved forward(ref :Succesors of Mohammad :author gibban)

· Once our 48th Imam Aga Allishah was hunting in the north Gujarat in the area of Sidhhpur and Methan, he decided to visit the jamat there and rest overnight.

The local jamat there placed a request regarding water problem.

They said, "We have too much problem about the water we have to walk several miles to get sweet drinking water from a well located far away from the village."

"Why is there no well in the vicinity?" asked Mawla to the jamat

"There is one well in the village but the water is very salty, cannot even use to clean clothes" said the jamat.

"We cannot even cook dal in that water because it turns it salty.

It is very hard water too tough to cook anything in it.

Imam Allishah datar smiled and said,

"Bring me the water from that well"

2 young boys ran to the well and brought a bucketful of water from the salty well.

One cup of water was presented to Mawla.he drank out of the cup and gave back half of it to be mixed with other water and return it to the well.

The well water became sweet since then.

The whole village residents were overjoyed with the event.

· Once our 11th Imam Mehdi was traveling with his companions towards Ifrikriya on the way he passed a place called "Sijal masa"they decided to place a tent for resting there.

While having a leisure walk in the nearby Park he passed a dry narrow canal ,as soon as he stepped there few fresh water springs erupted and started flowing towards Mawla's feet as if dancing in joy to touch Imam's feet. The gardener who was working there started shouting loudly,

"Mehdi has arrived ,Mehdi has arrived!" "Allahuma sale allah mohammad va aale mohammad"

· The similar incident happened when Imam Moez our 14th Imam visited the same PARK and when passing the same canal, the water in the canal started overflowing on either side as if dancing in joy and the Gardener present was a great grand son of the previous gardener in times of Imam MEHDI came up to the Imam and said ,

"Ya Mawla your great grandfather Shah Mehdi had visited this park and even though it was "daure sastra" my great grandfather had recognized him because hundreds of years ago our forefathers had indicated that the canal will completely dry up and will only fill up with water when Mehdi yuzuz (a.s.) will arrive and step over it."

· Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah enjoyed the longest Imamat.there was a religious mela at Jamnagar a town in Gujarat India in year 1900.

There was a severe drought called "chhapniyo dukal"

There was severe shortage of food and water in Gujarat.

The very first day they announced that water was finished! The local governor called JAMSAHEB was providing big tankers from a lake faraway.

But how could that suffice thousands of murid gathered for the Deedar.

The leaders went up to Mawla and requested,

"Ya Mawla there is acute shortage of water here.

It is mid summer and the heat is severe. The small kids are suffering without water"

There was a well close to the venue with attached pump called "Boring" those days' works on the principle of siphon.

Mawla went to the well and asked the operator of the pump to work it to get the water!

The operator said "how can I work the pump when there is not a drop of water?"

"You just pump the water", insisted Mawla.

The guy started laughing cynically.

"There is mud in the well it will spoil the pump if I use it without any water!"

when he did not comply Mawla proceeded to the pump and started pumping the water himself the minute Mawla touched it the water started pouring at a great force!

There was plenty of water every where from then onwards!

Not only Ismailis but non Ismailis were excited about the water supply.

There was a big uproar in the entire town and people from all race and creed crowded there to witness the miracle!

They all played raas garba on Mawla's name:

During the next 2 weeks of the mela there was ample of water to use.

All the fields turned green the animals and birds and all plants and all living beings thrived.

The plants and trees became green and the draught ended.

People from surrounding villages started flocking in to witness AGA'S miracle

They would not understand where the water is coming from .

If they peeped in the well it was dry full of wet mud

But the minute anyone touched the handle of the hand pump the water flew with great force!

· One time Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah was at his residence on Sultan Tekri in Karachi Pakistan.

He was hanging out with couple of leaders.

He was in great spirits.

As he was talking to them he asked a question.

"Look, there is the Clifton beach and than there is the ocean. But from here to the ocean there is only pain grass and then the sand. If I want to make a boat to float in the sand can I do it?"

There was one leader who was only looking at the Imam from "Dunyavi" point of view. He promptly replied, "Mawla how can you float a boat without water? It is impossible."

Imam very seriously supported his comment and said, "Ok, of course how can a boat swim in the sand? Definitely it cannot"

Then he looked at the other leader and asked "what do you think?"

He said,"Khudavind, you can definitely float a boat on the sand, if you want. The rocks also can float on the water if you desire because you are the Imam you are the Mushkilkusha Ali."He said humbly.

Imam then looked at the first leader and said,

"Look you answered the question only from the intellect point of view. Whereas he answered the question in the light of faith in the Imam .you are intelligent but he has faith and intelligence both"

· THE YEAR WAS 1965,

Imame Zaman Shah Karim.

There is place called Malir near Karachi Pakistan.

There is a girl's academy called "Mohammadi Girl's Academy".

There is a well in the compound of the academy.

The water of that well was very salty and no one could use it.

One office bearer from the academy went to Paris for some institutional work with Hazar Imam.

After the conclusion of official work he placed a request for Mawla.

"Khudavind, there is well in the academy but the water is very salty and non drinklable.Please tell me what to do."

Shah Karim asked "have you brought a sample of the water?"

"Yes Khudavind"

"Where is it?" asked Hazar Imam

The office bearer took out the bottle and presented it.

Mawla asked the servant to bring some sugar.

Then he opened the bottle and placed a few grains of sugar in the water sample

"Take this water and pour it in the well" instructed Mawla

The leader returned to Karachi, went to Malir and poured the water in the well.

Salty ness of the water was gone! Now there is the well with normal water. Fit for every use!

· In the year 1968, September.

There was a serious water shortage in Karachi

, Pakistan

A very big pipe burst open with a big bang, the water supply to Ismailis colonies like Garden and Nazimabad and Federal and New Karachi was compromised.

It was very hot those days and no water!

People were under great hardship.

The damage to the supply was major.

The engineers were working hard to fix the problem

But it would at least take a week.

At this time the well in Agakhan Park near garden jamatkhana was the savior.

The volunteers attached a pump to the well and our volunteers and other murids got involved in supplying water to all the neighboring colonies.

All the citizens were allowed in and collect water. Thousands of people of all races and religion came to take water for use.

The well never got dried or empty.

It helped to tide over the crisis1

Even the people from farther off areas like Karimabad, Aliabad, Nizari Society and New Karachi came and collected water from the well in big tankers to supply the surrounding areas

Thousands of gallons of water were pumped out but the well water did not recede.

This story was published in local news paper.

Source:

Mawlani madhur vaato ,gujarati book.

Authors:Sairab Abuturabi and H.E. Valiani

Pages110 to 129

English translation: Dolly Chandani M.D.

March 11th 2008

Los angeles .

www.goldennazrana.com
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Famous miracle of Mowla Murtaza ALI

There is a famous miracle of Mowla Murtaza ALI where he is known to have made the sun rise once back after the sunset just by a gesture of his finger.

The incident is as follows:

Once upon a time a needy traveler came to Prophet Mohammad for 500 Dirhams.

Prophet advised Hazrat Ali to give the money to the man.

Now Hazrat Ali himself did not have that money, so he went to a rich Jewish guy called Jamshed .

He borrowed 500 Dirhams from him in return of leaving his 2 beautiful very dear sons with him .

The condition was that Hazrat Ali will return the money somehow before sunset and if not then Jamshed gets to keep his 2 sons Hazrat Imam Hussein and Hazrat Hasan.

Mowla Ali gave the 500 dirhams to the traveler as indicated by Prophet and came home.

He ate lunch and was resting but somehow he fell asleep.

It was almost evening and Hazrat bibi Fatima was restless she missed her 2 boys.

So she went up to Hazrat ALI, who was fast a sleep.

She became very emotional at the thought of losing her sons and her eyes were tearful.

As she tried to wake up ALI 2 tears fell on the face of Hazrat ALI who woke up promptly and wiped his face the tears became pearls.

Bibi Fatima said, 'Oh dear it is almost evening now how are we going to bring back our sons? We still do not have the money to give to Jamshed.'
Hazrat Ali was cool.

He said, 'do not worry I have this 2 pearls which will fetch me enough money to pay Jamshed'

He quickly got up and left to the market.

He went to a jeweler who gave him 1000 Dirhams in return of 2 precious pearls.,He distributed 500 Dirhams to poor people and with other 500 Dirhams rushed to Jamshed's residence. But in doing all this he was rather late. The sun had just set.

Jamshed was feeling great that now he will keep Ali's sons as slaves and he will have so much to be proud of. He already collected his neighbors and friends to talk about his great achievement.

But soon Hazrat Ali arrived with the money gave it to Jamshed and asked him to return his sons.

Jamshed said , 'Sir as per our condition you have lost your sons because you were suppose to return the money before sunset and the sun has already set long time ago'

To this Ali replied, 'What are you saying Sir, the sun has not yet set you are mistaken. Look the sun is still shining.'

With this sentence he raised his hand towards the west and pointed to the shinning sun. And indeed the sun had come up right back and golden rays were shining on the surrounding houses!

Jamshed and others who had gathered there were awe struck!
Oh my lord! How the did this happen? The sun had clearly set long time ago!

They witnessed the un believable miracle!
Jamshed had to return ALI his sons.
All the Jews who witnessed this event accepted Islam.

Source:
Dul Dul Savar PAGE 307 to 312 - Author; Sairab Abu Turabi
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The mystical Meraaj!
Whose hand was it?

The year was 1939.
Imame Zaman was Mawlana Sultan Mohammad Shah.
Place: Hasanabad, Bombay, India.
The occasion is Mawla's padhramni for Deedar.

Hasanabad compound is grandly decorated for padhramni.
The Mausoleum where Imam Hasan Ali Shah is buried looked glorious. There are four pillars surrounding the parthar which are richly decorated with gold toppings.

Thousands of Ismailis had gathered to meet with Imame Zaman.
Those days the Ismailis there were very fortunate.

They used to be able to meet with Mawla on one to one basis during a ceremony called 'dast poshi', an opportunity to pay homage to the Imam of the time on an individual basis.

This is a very significant event in a murid's life.
When Mawla was residing in Bombay and did not travel to Europe he used to meet with the jamat very frequently on a regular basis on Saturdays.

It was the time of such an event.
Murids were waiting anxiously for Mawla's arrival.
Ginans and tasbih were recited for intazaari.

One missionary was making a vaez as a routine during the intazaari period.

He was talking at length about Prophet Mohammad's very significant event of MERAAJ,
The remarkable event when Prophet was given the fortitude of making a mystical journey to meet with God the almighty.
The Missionary was describing the history to the jamat in a very vivid and impressive manner.

Among the thousands of murid there was a single mother carrying her six months old child in her arms.

She had traveled from Punjab for meeting with the Imam.
The kid was beautiful .Due to the weather changes and long journey etc. the child developed very high fever. The woman was a very young mother. She had barely made it in time for the deedar.
Being new to the area she thought soon after the deedar she will take the child to the doctor.

She decided she will fast unto the time she has the deedar.
She however underestimated the seriousness of the fever in a child six months old.

She found a place closer to the stage and started praying for the child's health.

Soon the high temperature had adverse effect on the child's brain, the baby became unconscious.

Soon he was non responsive.

She tried to feed him wake him up, but he remained cold and non responsive.

She started quietely in her heart an intense invocation of Ya Ali, Ya Ali, Ya Ali,with all her concentration.

She was a woman of great faith.

She thought Mawla is arriving in seconds. It was pointless to disturb thousands in their deedar in order to take the kid to the hospital. She was not very educated. She decided to just sit and call Ya Ali and have faith that he will save the child.

She indeed was very naive. Tears were running down her eyes and she kept reciting 'Ya Ali' tasbih with real faith and belief.

Here the Missionary was progressing in describing the event of Meraaj

'...and Rasulallah saw that a hand came out from behind the curtain, to accompany the prophet to eat dinner.
Rasulallah was surprised to find the hand so familiar.
It resembled the hand of Ali, and Oh! even the fingers were same like Ali's , same palm and same nails and even the color of the skin was same as ALI'S and above all he was stunned to see the same Ring on the finger.

He identified the Ring to be the same one that he had given to the lion who met him on the way to the journey of Meraaj!
Wow what a surprise!
The prophet was in a state of awe! He was indeed surprised with all the truth that he was witnessing.

The gathered Ismailis were engrossed in the description of the scene of Meraaj as presented by the Missionary.
And the whistle blew; signifying Mawla's arrival .the leaders became alert .The missionary stopped the Vaez.

Pretty soon Imame Zaman's car entered the gate of Hasanabad.
Missionary initiated the salvat tasbih.
And the wonderful voice of Mawla was heard saying 'Khanavadan, Khanavadan'

Murids hearts were delighted; eyes were full of tears with emotions.

Imam the manifestation of same Noor as Ali was present right there and the believers were drenched with the rain fall of Noor and Rahemat .the true momins were engrossed in the holy deedar each one asking in heart and mind their own wishes to come true.

Mawla arrived on the member of Hasanabad the famous mausoleum and sat down and gave lots of blessings to the jamat and made a a firman and then asked,

'Who was making the vaez when I arrived?'

The Missionary came forward humbly with hands joined in submission, 'me Khudavind'said he.

What was the subject missionary?' asked Mawla.

'Khudavind' I was talking about the Meraaj' said the missionary in a rather frightened voice.

'Where were you in your description?'asked

'I was at the point where the Prophet Mohammad reached the 7 th heaven and was presented with milk and honey and dates and the prophet said he had never eaten any of his meals alone,at that time a hand came from behind the curtain which supposedly was ALLAH 'S hand but had a great resemblance to the hand of ALI!'

'Mawla I was at this juncture in my vaez and I heard the whistle of your arrival so I stopped the vaez and I leaded the salvat tasbih.' The missionary said.

'Ok do you know whose hand was that?' asked Mawla

'Mawla you know it better' said the missionary
'Yes indeed' said the Imam, then he stood up and raised his right hand and said,

'Yes it was this hand, this very hand'

The jamat witnessed in awe.

He then sat on the chair and began the ceremony of Dast poshi, where the murids came one by one to the stage and got the chance to pay the homage in an individual manner.

In the meantime the Punjabi lady's baby had stopped breathing she was holding him against her chest and saying zikr tasbih of Ya Ali , Ya ali.

She was in deep shock but she was a true believer .

She was debating in her mind what to do?

Cry loudly and make a show versus just keep praying and take the benefit of the deedar and not spoil the event for thousand others.
What ever is to happen will happen? She thought and surrendered herself to the will of Ali.

She decided she will go up to the stage so she can have better deedar but will not go right up to Mawla with the dead baby. Her heart was weeping. She collected all the strength and went on the parthar but stood away from Mawla tightly holding the kid in her arms against her chest.

She was about to move away when IMAM'S kind voice struck her ears, 'come here'

She was hesitant, but moved a step in the direction of Mawla
He said, 'Come closer'

Mawla himself stood up halfway and placed his right hand on her head and then looked at the child and touched the child's body with his hand and said 'Say Haizinda'

Lady said 'Khudavind, Haizinda'

'Yes, now say Kayam paya'

'Khudavind, Kayam paya'.

And at that moment the baby started crying!

'Look your kid is crying. Khanavadan, now go and feed your kid and take him to a doctor' .

The woman was overwhelmed with joy, love, and surprise shock and much more, she quickly collected herself and gratefully left the stage.

People in the line following her were wondering what happened!
What was bestowed on this woman!

Mawla sat back and continued as normal without any mention.

What was this?

A miracle or what?

Please recite the salvat.

Mowla ni madhur vatu
Page 178 to 190
Authors .E. Valiyani
Sairab Abu Turabi
English translation by: Dolly Chandani M.D.
Los Angeles California
Feb 4th 2008
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Call Ya Ali in times of difficulties! But with real faith! Help is instantaneous!

In the province of Sindh (now in Pakistan), there is a small village called Tando Allahyar.

These days there are a few Ismaili residents but before India /Pakistan partition, there were only two Ismaili homes. The two Ismaili brothers lived there. But even they had with few members in the family. Rest of the village was full of non Ismailis. Some of who were really against the Ismaili brothers, Of the two Ismaili brothers the elder one was Dhanideen and the other brother was Gulam Hussein.

Both the brothers were very good Ismailis. They worked hard and lived an ethical life guided by Imam's firameens. There were racial and religious troubles those days but they were firm in their faith in Hazar Imam and nothing would take away their Imaan. Their hearts were filled with the Noor of Imamat.

Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah had once said "In any place even if only one of my murid is residing if he has love and Imaan in his heart for me
I consider him equal to 100,000 murids"

One day Gulamhussein's mother died. She was really old. Between the two Ismaili families there were only 3 male adults. There were 2 to 3 children. The mother's dead body was given bath and made ready for the burial. The neighbors were anti Ismailis and no one from the village came forwards to help in the funeral.

The religious tensions were significant before the partition. Gulam Hussein was really worried. He did not know how to complete the burial ceremony. You need four people to carry the coffin (janaja) Actually 8 persons is ideal but minimum 4 is a must.

He went door to door but of no avail No one was willing to help.
The brothers were really worried how to handle the ceremony with three persons? He remembered Mawla asking his help and guidance. He was softly reciting Nade Ali prayer. The most powerful prayer if recited with the depth of the heart and soul.

He went around one more time asking for help, but no one wanted to help with this noble deed. It was getting to be evening, soon it would be night. He was very sad.

As he was around the corner of his lane, a simple villager approached him and asked "sai! kedi fikar me piyo aayin?" (Brother! What are you so worried about?") Gulam Hussein had never seen this stranger before, but since the man asked very kindly he explained his problem to him. The stranger promptly said, "sai, halo aun to hala! Tavan fikar na kariyo…" (brother, let us go I will help you, do not worry…")

Gulam husein became very emotional to hear such reassuring words.
He profusely thanked him and both of them went home to get the burial going.

All 4 individuals carried the dead body to the burial grounds. There was no one to go and dig the hole for burying the body because there was no extra person. But the villager showed a newly dug hole for the body in one corner. And said "look the kabar is ready"

Everyone was surprised who made the hole? But all four persons placed the dead body down inside the hole and buried it. The new villager performed the namaz and fatiha. The ceremony was solemnly completed and everyone was returning.

They came to the gates and performed the fatiha of 40 footsteps and now proceeded toward their homes. To everyone's surprise the stranger who helped them was no more to be seen. He left them somewhere on the returning path.

They did not reckon. They tried to locate him but of no avail. They did not even know his name. Gulam Hussein felt very ashamed he had not even thanked him .nor did he asked his name.

He prayed saying, "he was such a nice man, Ya Mawla how do I find him.Mawla you know everything!"

Two long years passed to this event. The political situation improved.
Racial riots were controlled and people were living peacefully.

Imame Zaman Sultan Mohammad shah 's Padhramni happened in Karachi. All the Ismailis from neighboring province were gathered in Karachi for the Deedar. Gulamhussein's family also went. Those days Imam used to meet each family and accept their mehmanis in person.
Gulamhusein placed one Mehmani for the benefit of the soul of his deceased mother.

Mawla asked the particulars "whose Mehmani is this?" "Mawla, Gulam Hussein who the Mukhi of Tando Allahyar, his mother ha passed away, this Mehmani is for the benefit of her soul" Mawla accepted the Mehmani and gave khanavadan.

Then he started making inquiries. What illnesses? He then inquired, "Did you call any jamat members from out of town? How did you handle the situation?"

Gulam Hussein remembered the day vividly with all the details.
He remembered how desperately he was seeking help from "Ali"
He described how a stranger came to help them and completed the funeral ceremony. He agreed it was a very difficult day he had begged his neighbors and fellow men but no one was willing to help.

", So I had cried for the help from you my Mawla I was praying from the bottom of my heart Ya ALI, Ya ALI , Ya ali"

Imam was smiling. "Then what happened?"

"I saw one Sindhi man at the corner of my street. He was a noble man. He helped like a Farishta but he went away without bidding goodbye"

"Are woh Farishta nahin tha balke tumhara mushkil kusha khud tha!voh main hi tha . mere pyare ruhani bachcho ki khatir main khud aata hun yeh kam main farishto ke bharose nahin chhodta"

Means
"Well it was no angel but it was your Mushkil kusha, it was none but myself I myself came to help my spiritual child. I do not leave such tasks to the angels I like to do it myself"

Gulamhusein started weeping listening to this remarkable validation by Mawla! He bowed down and expressed his total submission and faith and expressed: "Ya Mawla was that you? You had to take so much trouble for me? I am sorry about that!"

"I am always ready to help my murids. Whoever calls my name in difficulties, I reach them instantaneously, the only condition being it has to be from the bottom of the heart with complete faith. I really enjoy doing my duty which is to help my true momins."said Mawla.

He gave more khanavadan to the family.

"Je koi leve amara naam …tena to ame kariye re kam:
Amne ridya ma rakhen jeh ,tene ame kadi nav daiye chheh"(peer Saderdin)

Meaning:
Whoever calls on my name...? I complete their tasks.
Whoever keeps me in their hearts, I never disappoint them in their call. (Peer Saderdin)

Source:

Teepeteepe sarovar bharay (Gujarati book)
Author:Missionary Jafferali Bhalvani
Nov 10th 1969
English translation by
Dolly Chandani M.D.
Aug 18th 2008
Los angeles California
www.goldennazrana.com
devotional nazrana for golden jubilee
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thank u very very much for sharing these stories.
Karim, what do you mean by ABD?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

star_munir wrote:Thank u very very much for sharing these stories.
Karim, what do you mean by ABD?
Interesting question Munir. I have no idea. Perhaps Dolly Chandani who translated the anecdote, may be able to tell you, if she reads this post
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

My grand father is present here

The year was 1954. Imame zaman was Sultan Mohammadshah. He sent his 2 grandsons Prince Karim Alhuseini and Prince Aminmohammad to visit the Jamats of East Africa and Madagascar. They were visiting the jamats with a written Talika from the Imame Zaman and some verbal guidance. Prince Karim was 17 years old then.

The Written message which was being read to the jamat was as follows:

My Dear spiritual children,

It is very important for you to know that, in this world where every human being is unduly busy and involved in rightful or wrongful activity in pursuit of happiness, you must not forget that "Bandagi" is the only sure key to the happiness. You all must gather in the jamatkhana and pray regularly with clean heart and pure devotion. This is the sure key to the sucess in your bussiness and personal life. Never forget Bandagi is the only sure road to sucess in your personal and professional life.

The African Jamats were overjoyed to receive the 2 young members of Noorani Family, the following incident happened in Madagascar.

As usual, the wealthy and influential Jamati members were over enthusiastic to provide accommodation and transport and living amenities for the members of the Noorani family.The beautiful bunglow made ready for them was a bit away from the town but there were many cars kept ready for the Princes and the leadership to commute back and forth.
Some members bought brand new motorcars to provide transport for
Prince Karim Alhuseini and Prince Amin Mohammad.

There were more than one Jamati member who wanted to offer their cars for khidmat. From the airport to the residence one member's car was used. After rest when they were proceeding to Jamatkhana in the evening they had a choice. Prince karim picked the car which was parked first in the drive way. Like a typical young man he hopped in the driver's seat and Prince Amin Mohamad in the passenger seat. The owner of the car and the mukhisaheb promptly sat in the back seat. Prince Karim drove off.

The other cars with other leaders were following them. After about 4 miles of driving when jamatkhana was about 4 miles away, there was a very acute curvature to the road while passing through the curve of the road Prince Karim missed a bit and hit against a tree. He tried to avert it but there was a hit !

Everyone behind and the leaders freaked out, deeply worried.
No one was injured, only there was some damage to the front body of the car and it made a bang because of the impact. No person had even a scratch. Mukhisaheb quickly came out to make sure their Nurani Family guests were alright and said Sukhar Alhamdallah for safety. He was very nervous.

He then asked Prince Karim that may be he should send a telegraph to Imame Zaman, their grandfather that there was an accident but that both his grandsons are fine and no one is injured.

To this Prince Karim Agakhan replied,"There is no need to inform my grandfather. My grandfather is the Imam. He knows everything. My grandfather knows that I am not injured, in fact he himself is present here".

Everone present there looked at Prince Karim in awe!
The 2 princes then sat in the second car and everyone reached the Jamatkhana in time.

Everyone was talking in the jamatkhana about the accident and Prince Karim's comment.

He was not an Imam then! Imam is an Imam in His substance since the time he is in the form of a sperm in the body of his father. He is not known to the world in his true essence. But his potentials are present.

Imam is Akale kul ( He has the knowledge of everything) we must not forget this.

Source:
Pyara Imam Ni Pyari vaato (India)
part 2, page 13 and 14
authors: Sairab Abuturabi and Jafferali Bhalwani
[/i][/b]
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received.....

MUKHI MEGHJI

He served Imam as a Mukhi for several years.

One day after many years as a Mukhi he submitted his resignation when few of the Jamati members were giving him hard time and were uncooperative in his work. Mowla seemed unhappy to see his resignation and said I know some people are troubling you but can you not tolerate them for my sake?

Meghji remained quiet.

Mowla continued, each one comes with their own complains and problems to me but there was only one person who understood my pain and my problems and that was Vazir Ismail Junagadhwala and I thought you were like my Vazir Ismail but….Meghji stopped mowla from saying any thing more and withdrew his resignation and continued his duty for many more years.

He never complained but served with great love and devotion.
One sad event happened, his only son Hussein died in a very youthful age but Meghji remained patient and bold and suffered silently without any complains. the jamat was crying but he remained strong.

One time it was a salgirah khushyali and everyone was dancing in joy. The year was 1925 and the date was november 2nd. It was Imam's birthday. Mowla was present in the jamat for the celebration. The Bombay city was loud with orchestra and music and decorations and songs by Ibrahim Jusab and poet Aabd. There were dandiya raas and mamera processions from Kandi mohallah to darkhana and from there joined by the Ismaili leadership wearing red and gold robes and golden hats , the entire parade was moving towards the Agahall where Imam was seated on a beautiful chair near the fountain. Meghji mukhi was sitting on the floor near mowla's chair.

There was a beautiful fireworks show and plenty of lightings and decoration the place looked like a heaven. Joy everywhere. Meghji mukhis eyes were full of tears. Mowla noticed him, asked him: "Why are you crying Meghji?"

Meghji quickly wiped the tears and said it was sheer happiness. Mowla tapped his back and asked what the reason for crying was? Now Meghji really broke down and started weeping like a child. Mowla asked for water for him. "Drink this water, and look everyone is enjoying I do not want you to be sad."

"Mowla I am not sad, I just remembered my son Hassan ali who if alive today would be participating in the band or volunteering and celebrating as well."

Mowla lovingly stated "Mukhi, Hassanali is present spiritually. All my murids from beginning till now who have passed away are present and participating in the joy of today. Be grateful mukhi that you have been blessed with Imam's love and service."

Mukhi made a sazda and expressed his gratitude and then humbly said, "I am getting old and I may be weak and die soon who will give me strength and support when I am weak?"

"Don't worry Mukhi at that time my son will come and behave like your son and fulfill your wishes and give you water. This is my promise to you."

Many years passed after this event. Imam was in Europe. Prince Aly khan was sent by the Imam to visit the Jamats of Karachi and
Bombay. To welcome Prince Aly khan a delegation under the leadership of Meghji Mukhi arrived in Karachi. Unfortunately Meghji fell sick in Karachi and needed to be hospitalized.

When Prince Aly khan landed in Karachi, first thing he did was to go to hospital to see Meghgji Mukhi. When he entered the room he saw Mukhi sleeping and a nurse taking vital signs periodically and caring for him. Prince Aly khan asked her to let him sit next to the Mukhi. He sat and put his hand on Mukhi's head and fondly asked, "How are you Mukhi?" Mukhi opened his eyes and was surprised to see Prince Alykhan.

"My father instructed me to come and take care of you as soon as I reach Karachi." He gave him some water to drink with his own hands.
The Mukhi was at peace. He passed away next day after he met Prince Aly khan. Thousands of Ismailis carried his coffin to the ship going to Bombay. His dead body was shipped to Bombay where he was buried with great dignity and honor.

What is true repentance?

This incident is from the time of Imam-e-Zaman Shah Sultan Mohammad Shah.

It was also the time of Varas Rahim Baseria in Karachi.

There was an Ismaili named Allana Bhalu living in Karachi.

He was born Ismaili but during youth and middle age he gave up Ismaili faith under the influence of some bad friendship. Not only he gave up Ismaili faith but he started slandering the Imam and started a propaganda and a magazine criticizing the Ismaili faith and the Imame Zaman. He was also slandering the private life of the Imame Zaman. He lost his ethical and moral behaviors and became like an animal.

He was trying to throw dust at the Sun!

But the sun cannot be affected by such mean actions!

He was living by himself towards his later life. The wife passed away.

He had one daughter (Kulsum) who was married and gone to her husband. She was a good momin. She disliked father's behavior since she was a staunch Ismaili and so were her husband and his family. When Allana Bhalu left the Ismaili faith she stopped talking to him and never visited him or kept relation.

Allana Bhalu lived with his bad company and bad social habits for many years.

He suddenly became very ill; the illness kept progressing and reached a point when it was apparent that he would not recover. He still had worldly wealth to give away. He wrote to the daughter requesting her to come and visit him. He wrote 2 letters but she did not reply. Finally he wrote he is very ill and on the brink to die that she must visit him otherwise his soul would be restless after death.

She heeded and came to Karachi to visit the lonely father. Father was pleased to see the daughter Kulsum. He conceded that he is going to live for only a short period and he wanted to give what ever belonged to him to her. The daughter expressed her feeling that since the father had left Ismailism and done activities to hurt Mawla she was very saddened. And she was forced to break up from him. She also expressed that she was very worried about his soul. She really would like to wish well for his soul so that it does not go to hell! But she was appalled by his undesirable activities and habits. She counseled the father about his own behavior and the possible outcome. She explained to him that love and devotion to Hazar Imam is the duty of every true momin instead of love if you give hatred to our Mawla and deeds to hurt him what could be the possible result?

She said she will not touch a penny of his inheritance.

It was Haraam for her!

She was about to leave after talking to his father when suddenly Allana Bhalu’s heart felt a lightening change!

All his past came in front of his eyes like a movie and he felt very ashamed and sorry!

He started weeping!

He realized he had done unforgivable activities and deeds!

He became very restless. he felt very resentful!

But now what?

Is there any way out?

He asked forgiveness of the daughter and asked her to help him pray.

Kulsum said" It is never too late. It is good to start a new whenever you realize you have done wrong. She said Mawla is Raheman Rahimi He will certainly forgive if you ask for his forgiveness with true heart." Both of them started intense supplicatory prayers for forgiveness of the sins done in the past.

She approached the council and expressed her father's desire to be readmitted to the Jamat but council could not help considering his anti Jamat and anti Imam Activities.

So now the only way was to pray at home and ask for forgiveness from Mawla in person when he visits Karachi.

Those days Imame Zaman used to give Deedar frequently in India and Pakistan (then Hindustan) .There were no entry passes required.

To Alana’s good fortune deedar was announced in a short period.

Imame Zaman Sultan Mohammad Shah arrived.

Plenty of Jamat had gathered for the deedar.

Kulsum and his father Allana Bhalu were sitting in one corner, continuously supplicating and asking for forgiveness of the past deeds. His eyes were full of tears as he felt true repentance in his heart.

Mawla was going around giving deedar to all the murids.

When he passed Allana Bhalu who was weeping incessantly he stopped.

Mawla looked at him and said" Allana Bhalu don't cry. I am forgiving you. I am not unhappy with you."

Allana continued weeping and said "But Mawla I have talked so much bad about you will you still forgive me?

How can I be the recipient of your grace?" “Look, Allana Bhalu! Look at my coat. How is it? Is it not white? There is not a single stain. My heart is like that for you today.

There is not a single stain; I have forgiven you whole heartedly.

Our house is a house of patience and forgiveness.

What else do you desire?"

"Please Mawla purify me, give me a Chhata of Bakshamni and readmit me back to the Ismailism"

"Mukhi will put Chhata for you. I am today pleased with you tell me now if you need anything else."

"Ya Mawla now that I am purified and forgiven I do not wish to live in this world anymore please call me back to you"

Achha Achha! (Ok, Ok!) That will soon happen! Bahot Dua Aashis! (lots of blessings!)

Mawla moved away from him.

On third day after the deedar Allana Bhalu passed away peacefully.

Imame Zaman was informed of his death by the leadership.

Imam said "I know it. I had promised him I will call him soon. I fulfilled my promise” he added: "Look Allana was a good man he repented sincerely and freed himself. You all must go for his funeral. Whoever will take part in his funeral will be greatly rewarded. their sins will be forgiven."

Thousands of murids turned up for his funeral, following Imam's instruction.

This is the result of true repentance and Mawla's grace!

One should never be despondent of one's sins and past deeds.

Allah is all merciful and forgiving!

Always remember him and ask for his mercy!

You will experience the grace in your life! Guaranteed! One condition though, it must be sincere heart felt repentance with a promise not to repeat the sins again!

Source:

Gujarati book "Mawla ni madhur vaato" part 3

page21 -26
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received....

Subject: Our Imams: anecdotes to remember

BRILLIANT WILL MAKE YOU CRY SPIRITUALLY WITH JOY

Pl read when you have a few minutes to spare…

Aga Ali shah said,: only momins recognize miracles in their day to day existence.

In 1899 MSMS said: "know and read more about your faith, for those who know it, study even further. All the wealth of this world cannot compare even minutely to the priceless nature of your faith. Your faith is more precious than countles diamonds, rubies and precious stones.
When we give "Khanavadhans" it is for your worldly and spiritual upliftment and to give you the courage to face any worldly difficulties.."

"Apaar sukh chhe Ali charnay, taaray janam dukh."
( infinite peace lies at the feet of your lord(Ali), which eliminates the sorrows of many past life deeds)

In the history of our past 48 Imams, Only 5 have celebrated their Golden Jubilee, 3 celebrated their Diamond Jubilee, and MSMS thus far the only Imam to celebrate His Platinum Jubilee.

Jan 19 1936 Hasnabaad, Bombay? March 1st 1936 Nairobi? Only 30,000 murids participated in Hasnabaad?

In 1946 during MSMS Diamond Jubilee, army like camps were organized to facilitate the large Jamats that had gathered for the celebrations. MSMS told his driver to take him into the camp for an early morning visit. The car stopped at camp #2 beside 4 barracks, A very emotional 90 year old man sat up on his bed when Mowla approached him. Mowla looked into his eyes and bestowed "khanavadaan" and left. The man's prayers were answered and He went back to sleep never to awake again.

Later,leaders of the Jamat reported to MSMS "aaj bohot baraa mayaat ho gayaa, Khudavind du'a karo enaa gunaa maaf thaai", MSMS replied "Dekho koi gunah ko Problem naai hey wo hamaaraa huzur may ponch gaai hey".

Trans: khudavind a great soul departed today, convey forgiveness for his sins. MSMS replied," There is no need for that, His soul is with me in the spiritual world."
He was liberated from his physical body.

(Similar incidents took place in the United Kingdom and in Canada, in Toronto and Vancouver, during 2008 Golden Jubilee padramnis, where elderly members of the Jamat departed from their earthly existence within a day or two after performing the "Deedar" in their respective cities.)

10th August 1946 Daressalaam - Diamond Jubilee. -For 2 days the weather had been windy and rainy. The leaders suggested putting a tarp over the stadium, MSMS replied, to leave the stadium uncovered, since angels and ruhanis would also descend from the heavens to view the celebrations, and that the weather would improve.

Platinum Jubilee 3 Feb 1955?, Cairo 22 Feb 1955

I went to Houston on a waez tour,a friend of mine, tarika member told me of an incident of his Daadaa (grandfather), who had remained mukhi till the age of 78. During diamond Jubilee He was 80, and was taken in a joli (carraige) by volunteers and placed beside the main hall entrance. MSMS passed by and said (Malaa Mukhi Tum Kaisay ho? (How are you?)khudavind Bohot saaru chu ( I am well ) MSMS -(Ham Bohot khush hey, maango, kyaa maangtaa hey (I am very happy ask whatever you desire) Grandfather-(Mowla Keep my Iman (faith) steadfast till my last breath and I wish to see your platinum Jubilee) MSMS-(Shabaash -Tumaari umeed poori ho jaai (Congratulations, your desire will be fulfilled)

Later,at the platinum Jubilee darbaar, MSMS again met Maalaa Mukhi (grandfather). MSMS turned to Mataa Salaamat and said do you remember this man? Than he looked at my grandfather and said, Ask me again what do you desire? He replied Khudavind, what more can I ask for, you have given me a long life and fulfilled my desire to see the jubilees, now Pray that I may be blessed with your Noorani deedar. Later that evening my grandfather passed away.

On December 13 2008 At Aiglemont the leaders were addressed by Hazar Imam with a very profound talika - of 13 pages which resonated in its message with the silver jubilee talika. Never in the history of the Jamat, have we received such long talikas.

During the Silver Jubilee, Hazar Imam had said- (25 years ago close to mid day my Grandfather bequeathed me the Imamat ...The Noor of Ali which is in me as I stand before you)-Not exact. In Golden Jubilee Mowla said I place my hand on the shoulder of each every murid around the world )-not exact.

In chicago my friend stood at the hotel elevator, for long periods of time while he watched Hazar Imam at a distance. He had not been able to achieve official audience with Hazar Imam. Later, He got a call from Mowla's secretary that if he wanted to meet Hazar Imam he should come to his room at 7.00 a.m. the next morning. My friend called his father, wife and daughter to join him, and his father was in the hall 5 minutes early, and told his son (I don't know english and I don't know if Hazar Imam knows urdu or gujraati. My friend replied ( Dad, He knows all languages, and when Imam came to meet us He first went to my father and said "Aap kaisey ho, Aap ki tabiiyat kaisee hey? (how are you? how is your health) Than Hazar Imam said where is the tray you brought for me? Bring it. (there had been some problem getting official approval to present a nazrana?) Hazar Imam put his hand on the tray, and He affectionately blessed my five and half year old daughter, and I told Mowla she sings a small prayer everyday, and Mowla replied I am always listening and responding to her prayers.

During the intezaar (awaiting padramni) program during MSMS bombay padramni a missionary was doing a waez on Yaddullahi (4th part of du'a)
The whistle blew announcing MSMS arrival, the missionary took his seat without completing his waez. MSMS stood up and said (Tum ko pataa hey yadullahi kyaa hey- than he stood up raised His coat sleeve and said Dehkho Yadulla ye hey.

Mowlana Imam Baqir was asked the meaning of a certain verse, Mowla replied we are descendants of the love of the Prophet. Those who love us will be loved by us) There is nothing in religion of more importance than love, We will give salvation to those momins on the day of judgement. A similar firman by MSMS in 1937 says "You will have nothing to fear in this world if you have love for the descendants of Muhammed and Ali, this one hint includes all the beauty of religion (not exact)

MSMS was in ill health and he was breathless as he slowly walked up to the Bunglee (baitul khyal hall) He stopped half way up the landing and Mukhi requested a chair for Mowla. Mowla turned to Mukhi and said (Mukhi ham itnaa takleef kyu(n) leteh hey?( Mukhi, why am I making such effort to see the Jamat?) Mukhi replied (we are grateful-Ame shukar che) MSMS-( Mukhi Ham jamaat ko bohot chaatey ke tum ham ko itnaa nai cha sakhteh- Mukhi we love the Jamat to a degree that cannot be reciprocated)

Firman of Shah Karim - I will take the face of each and every one of you.........My love for my Jamat is much stronger than yours can ever be for me.....(not exact)

Recently during Golden Jubilee, the Jamat of Iskaashin undertook a long journey on foot for didaar. A delegation in a Jeep noticed one elderly lady tiring and continually sitting, and the driver offered her a lift. She was 74 years old and appreciated the kind offer but responded have been walking for 13 hours so another 2 hours for didaar is no big deal)

Mowlana Hazar Imam Shah Karim said (No Ocean, desert or mountain can seperate the Imam's love from his Jamat -not exact)

Kaderali Patel was Hazar Imam's religious education teacher when Mowla was very young. Missionary was explaining concepts of Allah Hu Akbar and Sirjanhaar, Mowla said to Missionary Kaderali,at the age of seven that He had contributed to the creation.

While doing a waez on Friday, The Prophet was supporting his back on a pillar,and than stopped and called the congretion closer. He said, when I leave here after my sermons, this pillar cries for me in the pain of seperation. He said, give this pillar a human burial after my demise.

Aga Ali shah said no matter how educated one is in this world, without love for faith, one is like a dead tree whose roots have dried up.

A mother was crying in rememberence of the demise of her daughter. Hazar Imam shah Karim asked mukhi why is she crying ? Mukhi replied khudavind "she lost her daughter". Mowla gave du'a and said she is in a very nice place, but being a mom she cried again, than Mowla said, I promise you today, when you die your daughter will receive you there. daughter". Mowla gave du'a and said she is in a very nice place, but being a mom she cried again, than Mowla said, I promise you today, when you die your daughter will receive you there.
Shama_Ali

Pyara Imam Ni Pyaari Vaatu

Post by Shama_Ali »

YAM everyone,

Just wanted to know...does anyone have an english copy of the above mentioned book? I have been trying to find it for a while now, unsuccessfully. Please contact me if you have it or even if you know where I can get it from.
Many thanks in advance!!
agakhani

English translation never made.

Post by agakhani »

Shama,
As per my knowledge English translation never made for 'PYARA IMAM NI PYARI VATO" its only available in Gujarati. If you need Gujarati copy of this book please e-mail me @ agakhani_786@yahoo.com(do not forget to put _ between agakhani and 786) and I will give telephone # and address where you can purchase this book, please note that I am not book seller.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

An Ismaili Youth’s Rare Moment With Imam Sultan Mahomed Shah
By Akber Premji

http://simerg.com/special-series-his-hi ... omed-shah/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Loving Tales of our Beloved Imams: (I) Farazdaq’s Praise and Support of Imam Zainul Abideen (a.s.)
5 Comments
A STORY FROM PYARA IMAM NI PYARI WATO

By Sairab Abuturabi and Jaferali Bhalwani

English rendition by Sakar H. Datoo

http://simerg.com/literary-readings/lov ... ideen-a-s/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

“Mawla Fulfilled My Wish”
A Heart-Warming Story from Hazrat Imam Sultan Mahomed Shah’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

By Sakerkhanu Gulamhusain Gulamali

http://simerg.com/special-series-his-hi ... d-my-wish/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Hazar Imam knows each and every Ismaili murid.....believe it or not.

On October 18th 1948, the Ismailis residing in Europe had hosted a big dinner in honor of Imame Zaman Sultan Mohammad Shah and Mata Salamat.
The program was at the famous Ritz hotel in London.
Ismailis from London ,Paris ,Portugal, Ireland ,Brussels,and few from Africa and other surrounding places had gathered.

A short while before the arrival of Imame Zaman a young man entered the hall and said he was coming from Karachi and he was an Ismaili and would like to join the function
He gave some donation and sat with other murids.

After sometime Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah arrived , gave blessings and sat down .
After a little while Mata Salamat arrived.
Flowers and garlands were presented to the Imam and Mata Salamat
Imame Zaman was in a good mood.

After that suddenly he became very serious.
Imam looked at that young man who had recently joined.
He called him closer and asked him who he was and where was he coming from?
The man replied he was an Ismaili and was coming from Karachi.
On hearing his answer Imam became very angry.
And with a loud angry voice said, " You are not an Ismaili and you are coming from Ceylon You are lying"
Imam asked the leaders to call the security and hand him over to the police.
Imam's voice was so loud and angry that everyone around started shaking .
The management staff of the hotel also came to check what was the problem.
The Ismaili leaders became apologetic to the Imam ,asking forgiveness for the error.
At that time Imam said,:"How would you know he is not an Ismaili, you are not Imam.
This man is from Ceylon and he is a journalist for a news paper".

The man was arrested
Imame Zaman once again was completely normal

Next day there were news and picture of the arrested man and a story in the famous news paper Times:

"Although Aghakhan has millions of Murids but he knows each and everyone of them This was a live example of that fact"
It made the headlines.

Source:
Bhalvani Bhandol part 3 ( Gujarati language1965)
Page 95
Article #35
Author : Vazir Jafferali Bhalvani
English translation:
Dolly Chandani M.D.
Los Angeles California. Sept 10th 2009
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »