MHI praying namaz

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.
curiouz

MHI praying namaz

Post by curiouz »

I'm an Ismaili and have been curious for over a couple of yrs now. I know MHI prays the namaz and recently I was on youtube and I saw some pics of MHI and his grandfather SMS praying namaz. Can someone explain the aignificance of this. I'm not trying to create an uproar here but I do realize that now that topics like these are on youtube, a lot of ppl will have access to this and I want to have the knowledge to be able to talk about this intelligently as opposed to saying "This is how it is - take it or leave it"
Thanks.
skaswani

Post by skaswani »

seen him praying / reciting Namaz so what??
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is nothing there. When Mowlana Shah Karim was 7 years old, he lead the Idd Namaz [he was not Imam at that time]

Sultan Muhammad Shah also had lead a Namaz at the Muslim League. He said we are allowed to go for Namaz if we are leading, not if we are following.

This can not be done at the expense of our own faith.

We are bound to do what he tells us to do, not what he does.

Hope this clarifies

Admin
curiouz

Post by curiouz »

Admin wrote:There is nothing there. When Mowlana Shah Karim was 7 years old, he lead the Idd Namaz [he was not Imam at that time]<BR><BR>Sultan Muhammad Shah also had lead a Namaz at the Muslim League. He said we are allowed to go for Namaz if we are leading, not if we are following.<BR><BR>This can not be done at the expense of our own faith.<BR><BR>We are bound to do what he tells us to do, not what he does.<BR><BR>Hope this clarifies<BR><BR>Admin
What I understand from the above is that MHI only leads Namaz cermonies - that he does not pray the namaz 5 times as the Sunni jamat does? Thats the piece that I wanted clarification on - we pray the dua but MHI prays the namaz, theres got to be some significance to that right? Could you shed some light on that? I understand that we should do as he asks us to do and Im not questioning that but when I do have ppl from outside our faith ask me, I want to able to give them the right answer. <BR>Thanks.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The Imam at the present time expresses himself as a Muslim and therefore his external actions will reflect that. He may say namaz and fast if it is appropriate to the context, but we as his murids should not get guidance from what he does but we should follow what he tells us to do.

Prince Sadruddin in a tribute article to his father MSMS entitled " THE AGA KHAN: FROM CURZON TO HITLER :A MAN ALWAYS AT THE CENTRE OF HISTORY = AN INTIMATE TRIBUTE BY HIS HIGHNESS PRINCE SADRUDDIN AGA KHAN ON THE CENTENARY OF HIS FATHER'S BIRTH*
published in The Times, 5th November, 1977, stated:

"The older staff at the Ritz in London or the Swiss strolling in front of the Hotel de Russie in Geneva in the thirties, might recall the Aga Khan facing Mecca at prayer time on one of the balconies, completely oblivious to the stares of surprised bystanders. Muslims who journey westward are no longer the exotic objects of interest which they were in those days."
AsadALLAH

Post by AsadALLAH »

Sorry for waking up an old thread::

He can't tell people that he has the noor of ALLAH in him. They won't believe him. People have hard time believing that he's a direct descendant of prophet mohamed. He has to do these things like what Kmaherali said. We should do what he tells us to do not to do what he does.

I wouldn't believe anything i read on the internet...You know, internet is always right :roll:
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

AsadALLAH wrote:Sorry for waking up an old thread::

He can't tell people that he has the noor of ALLAH in him. They won't believe him. People have hard time believing that he's a direct descendant of prophet mohamed. He has to do these things like what Kmaherali said. We should do what he tells us to do not to do what he does.

I wouldn't believe anything i read on the internet...You know, internet is always right :roll:
Yup - just like the canadian darbar in Oct and the Tajiki Darbar and now the Singapore Darbar ;-)..all happening :-)

Shams