SYRIA dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Hassan_Jivraj1

Post by Hassan_Jivraj1 »

Ya Ali Madad and hello.

first of all, i just want to say mabruk/mubaraki to the entire Ismaili community around the world for the good news of our Imam's forthcoming Golden Jubilee visit to Syria.

I want to ask, is anyone from the United Kingdom attending the deedar @ Salamieh? Because i've been told by many people (including those from Salamieh and around) to attend the deedar in a group. Also I've never been to Syria before and am not familiar with the surrondings.

If you are from the UK or know a tour company based in the UK or Europe that is organising a trip to Syria, please get in touch with me.

I look forward to hearing from you

With best regards

Hassan
hassanb34

Post by hassanb34 »

YAM
what time the website will be ready for international registration???....
kind regard
dawoods

Post by dawoods »

okay...here is the translated arabic url read.all-forum.net in English...<BR><BR><A href="http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... <BR>please <STRONG>wait a couple</STRONG> of minutes to load....<BR><BR>[img][/url]
hosam175

Post by hosam175 »

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately everything is in Arabic at the site and most of us do not know Arabic. Please could you inform us here about what is written Arabic at the site and also provide us with updates of all the preparations and the mood of the Jamat there. Thank you and Mubarak to the Syria Jamat.
Thank you
I am sorry because our web do not include any division by English ..
but you can read it by google translating
http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... r&ie=UTF-8

Jamat in Syria very happy for Mulaquats and Didar
thank you
zabya

Ya Ali madad

Post by zabya »

Dear brothers and sisters,
YA ali madad...
here you are this website maybe it'll help you:http://www.travelocity.com/Hotels/0,,TR ... 8197225524

good luck..

zabya,Syria

E_mail :zabya3@yahoo.com
zaiyyn

help

Post by zaiyyn »

My parents would love to visit SYRIA, is there any group tours from the UNITED KINGDOM, as the cost their getting for flights+hotels+visas is £622 for seven nights. Are any groups going. If yes please help out because it would make my parents year =]

thankyou
zaiyyn

Post by zaiyyn »

YAM Hasan,

We're in the same boat here. I'm getting flight and hotel for £600 for seven nights, but I'm looking for more of an organised tour company. It would be better right? Tell me if you find anything

zain

da1_Z_master@hotmail.co.uk
goldentour

syria golden tour

Post by goldentour »

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT color=#6fa100><FONT face=Arial><SPAN class=green181><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt">Syria Tour 7 days</SPAN></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN class=green17b1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><STRONG><FONT face=Arial color=#6fa100>Key Information:</FONT></STRONG></SPAN></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><BR><STRONG>Tour Duration:</STRONG> 3-8 day(s)<BR><B>Group Size:</B> 2 - 25 people<BR><B>Destination(s): </B><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Syria</st1:place></st1:country-region> &nbsp; <BR><B>Specialty Categories: </B></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Golden Jubilee</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"> &nbsp; <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Day 1: <st1:City w:st="on">Damascus</st1:City> <BR>Arrival in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Damascus</st1:place></st1:City>, transferring to Tartous and Hotel.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><BR><BR>Day 2: Tartous <BR>Full day city tour of Tartous includes visiting<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Archeological place and sea coast. <BR><BR>Day 3: Tartous <BR>Full day city tour of Tartous includes visiting<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Archeological place and sea coast. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Day 4: khawaby/salameyeh<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">In the morning, driving to khawaby/salameyeh, According to darbar program.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN><BR>Day 5: khawaby/salameyeh<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">In the morning, driving to khawaby/salameyeh, According to darbar program.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Day 6: <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Damascus</st1:City></st1:place><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">In the morning, driving to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Damascus</st1:place></st1:City>. Afternoon, free time in Bazaar for shopping.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><BR>Day 7: <st1:City w:st="on">Damascus</st1:City> <BR>In the morning free time in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Damascus</st1:place></st1:City>. In the afternoon, Transfer to Air port- Departure. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></P><P><SPAN class=green17b1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><STRONG><FONT face=Arial color=#6fa100>Notes: </FONT></STRONG></SPAN></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><BR>Air fare is not included in the tour price. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">The price is including: <BR>Hotel<BR>First class transportation<BR>All transfers <BR>An English-speaking tour guide <BR>Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)<BR>All entrance fees for sites and museums ( if possible)<BR><BR>The price is not including:<BR>Travel insurance <BR>International flights<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
goldentour

syriagolden tour

Post by goldentour »

Syria Tour 7 days

Key Information:
Tour Duration: 3-8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 25 people
Destination(s): Syria
Specialty Categories: Golden Jubilee

Day 1: Damascus
Arrival in Damascus, transferring to Tartous and Hotel.

Day 2: Tartous
Full day city tour of Tartous includes visiting
Archeological place and sea coast.

Day 3: Tartous

Day 4: khawaby/salameyeh
In the morning, driving to khawaby/salameyeh, According to darbar program.

Day 5: khawaby/salameyeh

Day 6: Damascus
In the morning, driving to Damascus. Afternoon, free time in Bazaar for shopping.

Day 7: Damascus
In the morning free time in Damascus. In the afternoon, Transfer to Air port- Departure.

Notes:
Air fare is not included in the tour price.
The price is including:
Hotel
First class transportation
All transfers
An English-speaking tour guide
Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
All entrance fees for sites and museums ( if possible)

The price is not including:
Travel insurance
International flights
goldentour

information syria golden tour

Post by goldentour »

Ya Ali Madad,
Dear Sister and brother,
Please be informed that I couldn’t help in UK personal to take visa and ticket from Uk.
I have Syria tour for 7 days and price is 1365$ for each person (included hotel, breakfast, lunch, dinner, travel, darbar, visit of Archeological place …)
Please send me information that requested in web site www.neginit.blogfa.com.
You can use my service in Syria 195$/day for each person (included all service hotel, darbar, visit of Archeological place …)

Negin Iran tour Co. (Ltd)
hellovancouver

Is there a Jamatkhana in Damascus?

Post by hellovancouver »

Does anyone know the locations in Jamat Khana's in Syria?
Admin

Post by Admin »

YAM,

We went to Syria Didars in 2001.

We rented a taxy, km, fuel and driver included for $100 a day from Aleppo to Damascus with a couple of days in hotels in Hama. Decent hotels were from $30 per room to $120 per room, high end hotel suite at $180 per room but considering we were 3 per room, it was not bad. We even shared the taxy and it cost us only $35 per person per day.

Syria has mausoleums of several dais and Imams. Also Ismaili castles are worth visiting. Face to Masyaf castle in the mountain, you will find the tomb of Dai Rashiduddin Sinan and Imam Ismail.

In Slamieh, we danced all night in the strets before Didar with Ismaili brothers, bot Masyaf and Salamieh were decorated in red and green and at each corner there were groups of Ismailis dancing and singing in celebrations.

Remember, if you go, be very spontaneous, khojas will be minority though khoja politics may have some influence, it is not possible that it will break the spirit of generosity and celebration of our Syrian brothers.

Hospitality has no bound, even Syrians Ismailis who do not know you will welcome you open heartedly in their house and their heart.

If there is one didar to attend in the world during Golden Jubilee , it is that of Salamieh. Make sure to wave at Hazar Imam, make sure to clap if you feel so, a Darbar is an occasion of joy and happiness, do not let anyone tell you the opposite.

Share your experiences here with us, the less fortunate that can not attend.

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS POSTED IN OTHER THREADS:

goldentour

New postPosted: 10 Aug 2008 12:16 am Post subject: Golden tour Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP of poster
Syria Tour 7 days

Key Information:
Tour Duration: 3-8 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 25 people
Destination(s): Syria
Specialty Categories: Golden Jubilee

Day 1: Damascus
Arrival in Damascus, transferring to Tartous and Hotel.

Day 2: Tartous

Day 3: Tartous

Day 4: khawaby/salameyeh

Day 5: khawaby/salameyeh

Day 6: Damascus
In the morning, driving to Damascus. Afternoon, free time in Bazaar for shopping.

Day 7: Damascus
In the morning free time in Damascus. In the afternoon, Transfer to Air port- Departure.

Notes:
Air fare is not included in the tour price.
The price is including:
Hotel
All transfers

The price is not including:
Travel insurance
International flights
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
goldentour

New postPosted: 10 Aug 2008 12:19 am Post subject: pricefofullservice Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP of poster
Ya Ali Madad,
Dear Sister and brother,
Please be informed that I couldn’t help in UK personal to take visa and ticket from Uk.
I have Syria tour for 7 days and price is 1365$ for each person (included hotel, breakfast, lunch, dinner, travel, darbar, visit of Archeological place …)
Please send me information that requested in web site www.neginit.blogfa.com.
You can use my service in Syria 195$/day for each person (included all service hotel, darbar, visit of Archeological place …)

Negin Iran tour Co. (Ltd)
with mor than 4 years service in syria
Admin

Post by Admin »

FROM OTHER THREADS

flightfighter

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008 12:31 pm Post subject: Students organizing AIRFARE to SYRIA

Ya Ali Madad,

i'm representing a group of students from TORONTO who are trying to attend the darbar in Syria. We've been able to secure tickets to go to Syria from BUFFALO at a reasonable rate from which we'll collect a small commission to fund our own expenses.

At the moment, tickets are priced at $1875 CDN (including all taxes) departing as early as August-19. If you are interested in going please contact us as soon as possible as tickets are pending release.

Mubaraki to everyone and all the best...

flightfighter@gmail.com

-------------------------

NOTES BY ADMIN

IF YOU LIVE IN CANADA, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP, COMMON SENSE SAY THAT YOU TRAVEL DIRECTLY TO SYRIA THROUGH EUROPE OR MIDDLE EAST, NOT THROUGH USA TO AVOID ANY TRAVEL COMPLICATIONS.
Hero_Pak

Re: SYRIA tour with complete package

Post by Hero_Pak »

Hi Riz ..<BR>Your Package Is Very Nice. .. Chep And Comfortable<BR><BR>Best of&nbsp; Luck&nbsp;<BR><BR>
Riz1317 wrote:Golden Jubilee in Syria complete package<BR>Total Package : &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;US$ 1211 (i.e. Rs.89,614/-) (for 1 person)<BR><BR>AREAS FOR VISIT<BR>Day 1: Arrival in Damascus – meeting at the airport – transfer to the hotel (Overnight)Day 2: After Breakfast Drive to visit Hama – visit Massiaf (Ismaili) Agha Khan Visit the castle– visit Noria-Wheel water (Overnight)Day 3: After Breakfast Full day visit Salamieh back to Hama – overnight.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Day 4: after Breakfast Departure to Al Kadmous - visit Al Khaluabi - Khadmos Castle back to Tartous overnight.Day 5: After Breakfast visit back to Damascus – overnight.Day 6: After Breakfast Transfer to Damascus airport for departure.<BR><BR>Rate includes:<BR>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Visa charges <BR>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Transfer Airport - hotel Airport<BR>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Stay in 3 star Hotel<BR>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Meet & Assist upon arrival & departure<BR>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Accommodation at the hotels bed & breakfast basis including tax (in Damascus)<BR>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;All transfers & tours by modern tourist bus Al Zyarat<BR>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;English speaking guide.<BR>Note: Require Documents Original passport & 2 Photos.<BR>With best regards <BR>============= <BR>Riaz Momin <BR>Tour Manager <BR>Shahid Travels & Tour <BR>Address: Ground Floor 9/13-B, Uni Plaza, I.I. Chundrigar Road, <BR>Karachi, Sindh Pakistan. <BR>Tel: 0092-021-2401478 Fax: 0092-021-2416322 <BR>Cell:0092-3002563034 <BR>E-mail: riazmomin786@gmail.com Msn: riaz_momin76@hotmail.com <BR>Web: www.shahidtravels.com
goldentour

SAVE PRICE SYRIA TOUR

Post by goldentour »

179$/dAY FOR EACH PERSON WITH ALL SERVICES.
The price is including:
Hotel
All transfers

SEAT PLACES ARE LIMITED.
CONTACT ME

GOLDEN TOUR
WWW.NEGINIT.BLOGFA.COM
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

MAWLANA HAZAR IMAM’S GOLDEN JUBILEE VISIT TO SYRIA

The Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum (LIF) and the National Council have conveyed to the global Jamat the happy news of the confirmation of our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee visit to the Syrian Arab Republic, from the 24th to the 29th of August, 2008.

Following a recent assessment of Syrian ground realities, and being aware that some members from other Jamats are planning to travel to Syria for the Golden Jubilee Darbars, the LIF and the National Council take this opportunity to invite the attention of external Jamats to the following issues.

General: External Jamati members are requested to maintain awareness that the requirements of Syria’s large domestic Jamat will demand the full concentration of the Syrian Jamati institutions’ human and material resources. In this light, while the Syrian institutions will endeavour to extend a warm welcome to visiting Jamati members, it should be understood that their capacity will be stretched.

Visas: Visiting Jamati members are requested to ensure, in their home countries, full compliance with Syrian visa requirements, prior to their travel. No arrangements will be possible for procuring visas on arrival for those Jamati members who require visas to enter that country.

Weather conditions: The month of August is the height of summer in Syria, characterised by strong sunlight and consistently high daytime temperatures. These will pose a severe challenge for all those unused to severe heat, but particularly the elderly, infirm and sick, who would be well advised to altogether avoid travelling to Syria. It should also be borne in mind that the Darbars in Syria will be held in the open air, and at mid-morning times, when strong sunlight and heat will be significant factors.

Hotels: Very limited hotel accommodation is available around the two Darbar venues, namely Salamiyeh and Al-Khawabi. Therefore, visiting Jamati members are requested to ensure that they obtain confirmed and documented hotel reservations before travelling to Syria.

Transportation: Salamieyeh and Al-Khawabi are located at significant distances from Damascus, and visiting Jamati members will be expected to assume responsibility for their own transportation to and from these Darbar venues.

The LIF and the National Council hope that members of external Jamats who are contemplating travelling to Syria for Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee visit, will take into consideration the above-mentioned factors, which are being highlighted to ensure the Jamat’s safety and comfort.
Ismailidude

Post by Ismailidude »

So, let me try and understand this.<BR><BR>We are going to have Golden Jubilee Darbars in Syria at the height of the summer season in the open air while it is probably unbearably hot and humid. <BR><BR>Given these conditions, maybe it was not the best time to have this visit to Syria at this time. Anyone else concerned about the effect of the heat and humidity o&shy;n our 71-year old IMAM, who is still recovering from surgery?<BR><BR>I can understand Syria not being able to accomodate high numbers of foriegn Jamats but I am having a very hard time understanding the weather conditions surrounding the two mulaqaats.
zeeshan30

Post by zeeshan30 »

ismaili dude, you may not understand; but Hazar Imam has accepted to give Darbar, so that should be the end of the matter. Who are we to argue where and when Imam should grant a darbar? Besides, sitting in darbar is supposed to be a challenge to o&shy;neself. The heat should not matter if Imam is sitting amongst us. It far outweighs any environmental elements!
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

zeeshan30 wrote:ismaili dude, you may not understand; but Hazar Imam has accepted to give Darbar, so that should be the end of the matter. Who are we to argue where and when Imam should grant a darbar? Besides, sitting in darbar is supposed to be a challenge to o&shy;neself. The heat should not matter if Imam is sitting amongst us. It far outweighs any environmental elements!
Not only that - but the IMAM IS THE IMAM! since when have material factors impacted him?

Shams
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

Dear all,

Please refrain from criticizing the leadership on this matter. Those who are not from Syria don't understand how hard it was in silver Jubilee when we waited there the whole year and it was not possible for a Didar to take place.

The Diar date is decided not only depending on weather but also on Government invitation, readiness of projects to be lauchned etc and the Jamat are very happy for having this opportunity to have the Imam of the Time amongst us. Inshallah the weather will be alright but I think it was important that the international Jamat are informed of the weather.

Also please note that there is a suburb in Damascus called Salamaieh as well so be sure to explain to the taxi which Slamieh you want to go to. Our Salamieh is far from Damasucs (about 250 km) and you may tell him you want to go to Salamieh city in Hama province, or in Arabic (Madinat Salamieh fi Muhafazat Hama).

Also please note that earlier this year the desil price was increased by 300% so cost of transportation will be higher than 2001 but still much lower than Europe and America.

The curretn exchange rate is 87 Syrian lira for GBP1 and 46 lira for 1USD.

Anyway, Inshallah there is likely to be a hospitality desk in Damascus aireport to help the international Jamat when arriving.

Best wishes.
xaf

Post by xaf »

" Chalo chalo sakhiri aapne jovane jaye, apna Karim Shah ne gher mandavo kevo rachiyo"
It is only the very fortunate, the extremely fortunate, who get the opportunity to share darbar with our beloved Mowla. So what are forty degree temperatures? What are lack of facilities? The love for Mowla and the happiness of the soul at the prospect of seeing and being in the presence of the source, the Noor, act as a protective shield so that the entire experience becomes sublime and there is happiness, happiness, happiness. That was definitely the case in India [especially Sidhpur] and Bangladesh where we sat in the darbar hall for hours and hours. The AC was not even working, the hall was overpacked and yet we felt nothing but joy throughout.
One should ask oneself sincerely, "Is our Mowla worth enduring high temperatures for? Is our Mowla worth enduring a few days without five-star facilities for?" If the answer is "Yes, yes, yes" then come to Syria and enjoy with our beloved Mowla.
If the answer is "Not really", then the point is a moot one anyway.
But remember, be sincere when asking and answering these questions.

"Where Mowla is, is where Heaven is"
Ismailidude

Post by Ismailidude »

I have been misunderstood on the issue. I have no plans to travel to Syria because unfortunately I am not in a situation to do so. I am sure that those Murids who are fortunate enough to be able to travel will do so without concern to the weather conditions.

My worry was for the lack of concern that the people planning this have shown for Imam's physical comfort by having an open air darbar during the month of August.

I guess I have to remember that this vist was not scheduled without HIS cosent and blessing and so if wants to bear 40-45 degree weather to bless his murids who am I to question it.
xaf

Post by xaf »

Ismailidude wrote:I have been misunderstood on the issue. I have no plans to travel to Syria because unfortunately I am not in a situation to do so. I am sure that those Murids who are fortunate enough to be able to travel will do so without concern to the weather conditions.

My worry was for the lack of concern that the people planning this have shown for Imam's physical comfort by having an open air darbar during the month of August.

I guess I have to remember that this vist was not scheduled without HIS cosent and blessing and so if wants to bear 40-45 degree weather to bless his murids who am I to question it.
Believe me, my post above was in no way directed towards you. I simply wrote what I wrote because I have been so frustrated & disgusted at all the excuses my fellow brothers & sisters have been coming up with. Gone are the days of the Fidai who would even give up their lives if they had to, in the service of the Imam. Have we forgotten how our Pirs used to travel through mountains, forests and bear such hardships on foot to get a glimpse of the Imam? Surely, we have all become very spoilt. We mollycoddle ourselves to no extent. This is indeed shameful.

As for your comments, I am so very impressed to see your concern for the physical comfort of our Mowla. This shows you reall love Him. And this love will remain with you as a blessing throughout your life.
You made me feel ashamed too. Why did I not show similar concern?
So now I pray - and I hope you will join me too - that He makes the weather cool so that He may have comfort during His stay in Syria.
Ameen.
With Ya Ali Madad,
Xaf.
Admin

Post by Admin »

In some darbar, they put portable air-condition units [lots of them] on the stage for the comfort of the Imam.

But sincerely, take a bottle of water, put a cap on your head, go only a couple of hours before Imam arrives and do not worry about weather.

I was in Booni Didar [Chitral] in 2003 December. As you can imagine, it gets cold there in the mountains. In fact the temperature was minus 4 at night. There were 100,000 Murids at the didar, some from China, some from Afghanistan, they had walked more then a week to arrive.

In the morning around 7am, the temperature was still around zero degree freezing, there were lots of clouds... people were sitting in their blankets...

11am was the time Hazar Imam descended in a helicopter behind the didar place. All of a sudden, the clouds went away, sunshine came.

Believe it or or but from 10am to 12am that day, in the mountains of Chitral, the temperature shot from 0 degree centigrade to +16 degree centigrade. Hazar Imam left in his Helicopter for Chitral airport around noon.

I do no know if this is physically possible but afternoon around 3pm, we were back to zero degree.

I was in Salamieh didar in 2001 November and it was quite cold. People were sitting since 4am in open air. At 10am, Hazar Imam came, the clouds went away, by the time Hazar Imam walked from his car to the stage [about 20 or 25 minutes], it was warm and comfortable... it stayed that way up to late afternoon.

Admin
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote:In some darbar, they put portable air-condition units [lots of them] on the stage for the comfort of the Imam.
The comfort of the Imam is the least of my concerns. As far as I am concerned he has the capacity to live in the sun. He is the Sea!

My concern is the comfort of the murids, but if the Imam has approved the programme who are we to question?
mohamad52

Post by mohamad52 »

I will be very pleased to know if there is any tours arranged by ismaili jamat in syria during this honourable didar and mulagats.
Alaa_Salamieh

YAM

Post by Alaa_Salamieh »

<P>YAM <BR>hello every body first of all Mubarak to all jamat all over the world we 'in Syria specially in salamieh" very happy for the didar, I'm glad to know and&nbsp;meet my ismailian brothers around the world and&nbsp;I'm ready to inform you about any thing you may need to know about syria and&nbsp;salamieh my E-mail is <A href="mailto:la_belle_terre123@yahoo.fr">la_belle_terre123@yahoo.fr</A> and I'm ready to answer your questions <BR>I wish you all&nbsp;&nbsp; agood day by&nbsp;by&nbsp;</P>
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

The Darbar registration website is here:

http://www.goldenjubileesyria.org

It provides thorough information in English and Arabic.

Mubaraki to all.

All the best.
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

kmaherali wrote:
Admin wrote:In some darbar, they put portable air-condition units [lots of them] on the stage for the comfort of the Imam.
The comfort of the Imam is the least of my concerns. As far as I am concerned he has the capacity to live in the sun. He is the Sea!

My concern is the comfort of the murids, but if the Imam has approved the programme who are we to question?
Karim I think we don’t attend Dedaar by our wish but by Hazar Imam wish. We don’t need to be concern about the comfort of the Murids because it’s approved by Hazar Imam, if the Imam’s Darbar or Dedaar is organised in the sun or in the sea Murids will be comfortable as they are the guest of Imam and our Imam knows how to treat Guests.