PORTUGAL Didar dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
jeeshanali

PORTUGAL Didar dates, events and testimonies

Post by jeeshanali »

Dear All,

The online registration for portugal deedar for Portugal, Spain, Mozambique and Angola has already begin.They have to use the username and password provided by registration team in their local jamatkhana

Registration for international jamat will be started at a later date.

So the above mentioned jamat register as per user name and password on
www.goldenjubileeportugal.com

I am a member of the Jamat under the National Council for Portugal jurisdiction (i.e. Portugal, Spain, Mozambique, Angola), but I have not received the access codes to the website.

Access information has been provided only to those members who are in the National Council’s database, via the completion and delivery of the Info 2007 forms.

If you do not hold an access code (username/password), you must contact the Registration desk upon your arrival to Portugal. This can be done at the Lisbon Ismaili Center or at the Seixal Jamatkhana, every Friday, following religious ceremonies, and collect all necessary information from the Registration team.

Access to Darbar is guaranteed to all Jamati members belonging to the Portuguese jurisdiction.

If you have any query you can mail on info@goldenjubileeportugal.com

Wishing you deedar mubrak

Regards/rahim
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED

Yam Everyone,

You know what they say about us Canadian Ismailis ~ we work very hard and "we are the world class jet setters" when it comes to Golden Jubilee
Darbars".

Here's an opportunity to do international seva and help out our brothers and sisters for the Portugal, Spain. Mozambique and Angola Darbar.

Currently registration is only for the above local jamat and international
registration will take place later in the stage.

Below is the information :

Welcome to the Portuguese Golden Jubilee celebrations official website.

On the most auspicious occasion of our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imams Golden Jubilee, the Jamati and Imamat Institutions convey their heartiest Mubarak, and express their felicitations to the Jamat in Portugal, Spain, Mozambique and Angola. The Institutions equally extend their warm felicitations to the worldwide Jamat.

Whilst waiting for the official announcement of Mawlana Hazar Imams visit to Portugal, the Jamats of Portugal, Spain, Mozambique and Angola are invited to initiate their online registration.

In order to initiate this process, please enter the username and password
provided by the Registration team.

The registration for the

International Jamat will begin in a later stage, to be duly announced.

In order to obtain all the latest updates, the Jamat is invited to visit
this website on a regular basis.

http://www.goldenjubileeportugal.com/

Ya Ali Madad
Shawn Ladak, B.A. M.ED.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Still hearing about a possible Darbar in Lisbon around 11th July...
Musshiism2008

Portugal Visit

Post by Musshiism2008 »

Any news for Portugal Darbar. It looks like we are in a dead lock.
Important_Information

Portugal Padramni from 10th July to 14 July

Post by Important_Information »

Mubaraki to the world Jamat.
MHI is visiting Portugal from 10th July to 14 July and there will be Imamat-Day Grand Darbar during this visit.

The confirmation announcement will in JK’s soon.

Please remember that any information about GJ Padramni must be confirmed by Council, until then; please do not make any travelling arrangement.

I believe world Jamat must be aware of Padramni dates of MHI.

YAM
Kasim

sassy

Post by sassy »

annoucement from LIF tonight in Toronto J.k ( WED july 25/08)
Re : Portugal vist
Qadir

Re: Portugal Padramni from 10th July to 14 July

Post by Qadir »

Important_Information wrote:Mubaraki to the world Jamat.
MHI is visiting Portugal from 10th July to 14 July and there will be Imamat-Day Grand Darbar during this visit.

The confirmation announcement will in JK’s soon.

Please remember that any information about GJ Padramni must be confirmed by Council, until then; please do not make any travelling arrangement.

I believe world Jamat must be aware of Padramni dates of MHI.

YAM
Kasim

Hi Kasim,
YAM
MHI will defiantly bless you.
How do you know this all?
Where this inside information came from?
Any way, MHI will bless you for this great Khidmat.
By your information many murid will be able to do arrangement of their journey to Portugal and be able to bless by Holy Didar.
The work you are doing is very high, keep it up.
Qadir.
Important_Information

MHI is visiting Portugal from 10th July to 14th July is confirmed

Many thanks Qader (MukhiSaheb) for your Du’a and appreciating my post.

Dear all YAM,
(Reader with negative thoughts) You can start your criticism if you like as you did with me about UK Padramni
Or
Appreciate my work by thinking positively.

Remember that for India and Bangladesh GJ Padramni, I post 9 days prior to Jamati announcement. And for UK GJ Padramni I post 17 days prior to Jamati announcement and both dates were correct.
I only post when I receive positive confirmation.

I am not in any Jamati Committee and neither under any oath, my intention is to give correct information to international jamat about Padramni dates; well before the announcement so Jamat can prepare them self much earlier.

If any one like to know unconfirmed dates about forthcoming GJ Padramni at different parts of world; you can ask me at: ihere@hotmail.co.uk

Kind regards
Kasim Ali
JackJack

Post by JackJack »

Any news on the venue?
AlyMadad

Post by AlyMadad »

[quote="Important_Information"]MHI is visiting Portugal from 10th July to 14th July is confirmed

Dear all YAM,
(Reader with negative thoughts) You can start your criticism if you like as you did with me about UK Padramni
Or
Appreciate my work by thinking positively.

Dear Kasim,
I always appreciate and positive about your time and hard work that you help/inform this way all Jamat. and You should not take any neg. comments from a few part jamat that bcz they are always negative for good work and no work.
My best exprience is from your hard work is . The moment i got the UK news from this forum (I'm from CANADA) I reserved hotel rooms for my family 3 miles away from ExCel 3 nights for 210 pounds and now 18 miles away if you are lucky you will get for 550-600+ pounds it is not matter of money that we thing when we go to a DARBAR but if Jamat gets help from advance why not .
Many Thanks once again.
sphinx

LISBON Darbar Date?

Post by sphinx »

Any confirmation on Lisbon's Darbar date? I'm hearing July 11th, but how true?
Riz1317

Hotel,Visa,Ticket & tour for Lisbon,Portugal from Riaz M

Post by Riz1317 »

<SPAN class=postbody>dear All, <BR><BR>Yali Madad to all of you. <BR><BR>we are arranging Hotel,&nbsp;Ticket & tour for&nbsp;Lisbon, Portugal for our Ismailies. <BR><BR>-- <BR>We are trustable and looking for valuable customers who are required the best Tour, Ticketing & Service all over the world. We feel very proud to do business with your esteemed organization/company & our valuable customers. We assure you for our fully support to satisfy your organization/company & your tour to all over the world. <BR><BR>For any query / inquiry please do let me contact through email or phone. I am available for you all time. <BR><BR>Thanks and Best Regards <BR><BR>with best regards <BR>============= <BR>Riaz Momin <BR>Tour Manager <BR>Shahid Travels & Tour <BR>Address: Ground Floor 9/13-B, Uni Plaza, I.I. Chundrigar Road, <BR>Karachi, Sindh Pakistan. <BR>Tel: 0092-021-2401478 <BR>Fax: 0092-021-2416322 <BR>cell:0092-3002563034 <BR>E-mail: <A href="mailto:riazmomin786@gmail.com"><FONT color=#4c5ea8>riazmomin786@gmail.com</FONT></A> <BR>Msn : <A href="mailto:riaz_momin76@hotmail.com"><FONT color=#4c5ea8>riaz_momin76@hotmail.com</FONT></A> <BR>Web: <A href="http://www.shahidtravels.com/" target=_blank><FONT color=#4c5ea8>www.shahidtravels.com</FONT></A></SPAN>[list][/list][color=blue][/color][img][/img][quote][/quote][list=][/list][list][/list]
samirp469

Post by samirp469 »

MUBARAKI to ALL
official announcement has been made in india jamatkhana that MHI will be visiting portugal from 10th to 14th july and golden jubilee durbar will be held at LISBON. furthur detailed will be conved to jamat in near future
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Y.A.M
I have regularly been checking the website - www.goldenjubileeportugal.com - in order to register myself as an international jamat member. However, the international jamat registration doesnt seem to have begun and I am wondering about this. Can anyone please enlighten me?
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

Hi there,

You need to login to the website with a username and password which you can enter on the left menu, and for this you need to first register an account on the website by clicking here:

https://www.goldenjubileeportugal.com/i ... =registers

Then you should be able to register for the Darbar.

Regards
jeeshanali

Darbar portugal

Post by jeeshanali »

Dear All,

Ya ali miadad

First mubaraki to lisbon jamat and to those international jamat who are travelling to lisbon for a darbar

The online registration for international jamat has been already started.First u have to create an account on this website

https://www.goldenjubileeportugal.com/i ... =registers

Then the regitration desk will send u username and password by which u can do the registration.

The darbar will be held at

The Darbar celebrations will take place at Parque das Nações, Lisbon.

Parque das Nações is easily accessible by road and public transport.

In this area the “Oriente Station” is the core of several existent public transportation networks currently serving the eastern area of Lisbon, including a metro station, trains, buses, taxis and easy airport connections.

For more information, please go to http://www.parquedasnacoes.pt/

Pavilhão Atlântico – (Celebration Hall)

Rossio dos Olivais,

Lote 2.13.01A

1990 - 231 Lisboa

http://www.pavilhaoatlantico.pt/

FIL- Feira Internacional de Lisboa - Pav. 4 (Darbar Hall)

Rua do Bojador,

Parque das Nações,

1998-010 Lisboa

http://www.fil.pt/mail

For Hotels

https://www.goldenjubileeportugal.com/i ... &Itemid=33

For further information, please contact us through the e-mail

info@goldenjubileeportugal.com

Wishing u safe journey

If u need any help it will be my pleasure u can reach me on jeeshanali@yahoo.co.in or my cell 0091-9833668908

Regards/Rahim
jeeshanali

Details

Post by jeeshanali »

Dear All,

Ya ali miadad

Few details of Feira Internacional de Lisboa convention center where darbar of our spritual Father MHI will be held.

FIL is located in the most modern urban district in Lisbon, filled with beauty and functionalism equal to the very best from all continents.FIL takes advantage of an exceptional binomia adding to the qualities of a modern and dynamic business centre the easiness and the well being of a real new world filled with fresh experiences.FIL presents all the qualities of a modern and dynamic business centre, in the most modern part of Lisbon, a place plenty of beauty and useful equipments.
Centre address
Feira Internacional de Lisboa
Rua do Bojador, Parque das Nações
1998-010 Lisboa
Portugal
Phone: +351 (0)21/8921500
Fax: +351 (0)21/8921555
fil@aip.pt
http://www.fil.pt

General venue info
Site area 100,000 sqm
Gross exhibition area 53,000 sqm
Indoor 43,000 sqm
Outdoor 10,000 sqm
Number of exhibition halls 4
Exhibition facilities
Up-to-date exhibition calendar

Number of conference rooms 7
Capacity/persons 1,020 persons
Conference facilities

Technical equipment
Air Conditioning - CCTV - Fire Detectors - Fire Hydrants - Building Management Systems - Electric Power - Compressed Air - Water/Drainage - Telecommunications/Internet, Cable TV - Audiovisual - Rigging

Other services
FIL offers all the services necessary to the tradeshows, provided on a 'ready-to-use' basis. It is surrounded by large circulation areas, several shopping areas, various facilities, services and restaurants.

Access
FIL Feira Internacional de Lisboa is located at Parque das Nações, at the crossroads of every major road around Lisbon, benefiting from infrastructures such as CRIL (a variant to the EN 10), the Vasco da Gama bridge, the North/South motorway, the Oriente station and the River Terminal. FIL is merely 7 minutes away from the airport and 3 minutes away from an inter-modal station (train, bus and underground).

Parking
FIL has parking facilities which total 830 spaces. There are parking lots Vasco da GamaTower Parking with 250 places, Oriente Sul Parking with 700 places and Oriente Station Parking with 2,000 places.

City information
Modern city, today also a centre for business, for meetings, boasting the necessary innovative equipment (museums, transports, theatres, leisure centres, congress halls, hotels, etc.), Lisbon is a supreme destination for all these events (exhibitions, concerts, large productions, great fairs, great congresses ...). It is in Lisbon that you will find Feira Internacional de Lisboa, the largest exhibition centre in Portugal.

If anybody need help in any case please do not hestitate to contact me on jeeshanali@yahoo.co.in or my cell 9833668908
Important_Information

The Lisbon Darbar Day is 13th July am.

The Lisbon Darbar Day is 13th July am.
Please remember that any information about GJ Padramni, DarbarDay, Date and time must be confirmed by Council, until then it must count as unconfirmed.
Regards
Kasim
sana82

Post by sana82 »

YAM,
i'm trying to confirm the darbar date.
i have booked a flight getting into lisbon on the 11th at 10 a.m.
If anyone has confirmation from an announcement in jamat khane could you please let me know if my tickets are fine or if i have to scavenge to find an earlier flight.

Thank you very much for the help,
Sana.
jeeshanali

Darbar date

Post by jeeshanali »

Dear All

Ya ali miadad

My brother kasim told about portugal darbar was 100% True

Here the website says

We are pleased to announce that the Darbar will take place between 10/07/08 and 14/07/08.

A variety of programmes including dandia raas, dinner, musical exhibitions, presentations, mendi and more, will take place, as part of the Darbar Celebrations.

We are pleased to announce that Darbar date has been set for July 13th.

We convey our heartiest Mubaraki to everyone.

Take care

Regards/rahim
jeeshanali

Darbar date

Post by jeeshanali »

Dear all,

Yam

As posting made my brother kasim is 100% true

Here website says.

We are pleased to announce that the Darbar will take place between 10/07/08 and 14/07/08.

A variety of programmes including dandia raas, dinner, musical exhibitions, presentations, mendi and more, will take place, as part of the Darbar Celebrations.

We are pleased to announce that Darbar date has been set for July 13th.

We convey our heartiest Mubaraki to everyone.

Take care and wonderful darbar

Regards/rahim
yasminshams

next deedar.

Post by yasminshams »

DEAR ISMAILI MURIDS.
PLEASE COMMUNICATE NEXT DEEDAR PROGRAMME AS WE ARE WANTING TO GO TO MALAYSIA OR SINGAPORE.
WE NEED DATES AND TIME.IF POSSIBLE.
SHAMS NANJI.
MUBARAK FOR UK AND PORTUGAL DEEDAR.
YAM.
sadrudin

His Highness the Aga Khan visits Portugal

Post by sadrudin »

http://www.akdn.org/news/2008july9.html

Press Advisory

For Immediate Release

His Highness the Aga Khan visits Portugal
on the occasion of his Golden Jubilee

10th-14th July 2008

Please also see Portuguese Version

Lisbon, Portugal, 9 July 2008 - His Highness the Aga Khan arrives in Lisbon tomorrow on an official visit at the invitation of the Government. The Aga Khan is visiting the country as part of a series of visits around the world to mark his Golden Jubilee year – the 50th anniversary of his becoming the Imam (spiritual leader) of the Shia Ismaili Muslims – an ethnically diverse community whose members reside in more than 25 countries, including Portugal.

The Aga Khan will meet with the President of the Portuguese Republic, Professor Cavaco Silva, who will host a lunch in his honour.

The Aga Khan will also meet with the President of the National Assembly, Dr. Jaime Gama, the Prime Minister, Engº. José Socrates, the Foreign Affairs Minister, Dr. Luís Amado as well as the Minister of Justice, Dr. Alberto Costa.

His schedule also includes meetings with the United Nations High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations, Dr. Jorge Sampaio – former President of the Portuguese Republic.

The Aga Khan will also attend a congregational event with members of the Ismaili community.

During the past 50 years, the Aga Khan has overseen the growth of one of the largest private development networks in the world. The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is engaged in a wide range of activities in the fields of education, healthcare, rural development, cultural and economic development. These activities undertaken in some of the world’s poorest regions are aimed at the common good for all citizens, regardless of their race, gender or religion. The work of the Aga Khan Development Network is well recognised internationally and is undertaken under the auspice of its nine agencies as well as in partnership with Governments and leading multilateral agencies.

In 2005, a protocol of cooperation was signed between the Ismaili Imamat and the Government of the Republic of Portugal. In the same year, the Aga Khan Foundation Portugal and the Patriarchate of Lisbon signed a Partnership Agreement that provides the framework for cooperation in an innovative urban community support programme designed to tackle social exclusion and urban poverty.

Agenda for the 10th of July 2008

12:00 Arrival at Figo Maduro Military Airbase

12:30 Meeting with the President of the Republic, followed by lunch at the Official Residence of the President of the Republic

17:00 Meeting with the High Representative of the UN for the Alliance of Civilizations

NOTES

Golden Jubilee of His Highness the Aga Khan
His Highness the Aga Khan completed his 50th year as the 49th hereditary Imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslims on 11th July 2007, succeeding his grandfather, Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah. The Aga Khan leads a community of 15 million Ismaili Muslims living in some 25 countries around the world and is a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). In the Ismaili tradition, the Imam’s Jubilee celebrations are a premise to launch new social, cultural and economic development projects. In keeping with the ethics of the faith, these projects aspire to improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable in society. During the Jubilee year, the Aga Khan is expected to travel to a number of countries to meet with members of the Ismaili community and to visit projects of the AKDN. He is also likely to announce the creation of new development institutions and projects and the significant expansion of existing ones.

The Aga Khan Development Network
His Highness the Aga Khan is founder and Chairman of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private, non-denominational development agencies working to empower communities and individuals and to improve living conditions and opportunities, especially in sub-Saharan Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East. The Network’s nine development agencies focus on social, cultural and economic development for all citizens, regardless of gender, origin or religion. The AKDN’s underlying ethic is compassion for the vulnerable in society. Their annual budget for social development is in excess of US$ 300 million.

For more information please contact:
Karim Vissangy
AKDN
Management Officer
E-mail: karim.vissangy@akdn.org
Telephone: (351) 968 630 150 / (351) 217 220 000/1
Admin

Post by Admin »

ImagePhoto from the Presidency.

President of Portugal receives the Aga Khan Image

Aga Khan no Palácio de Belém

Presidente da República recebeu Aga Khan

O Presidente da República recebeu, no Palácio de Belém, Sua Alteza o Aga Khan, que se deslocou a Portugal, numa visita de 4 dias, por ocasião do seu Jubileu de Ouro. A audiência foi seguida de almoço.

--------------------------------
http://jn.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Interio ... _id=965334

10 Julho 2008

Religião: Líder espiritual ismaelita Aga Khan de visita a Portugal para comemorar 50 anos de subida ao trono
2008-07-04

Lisboa 06 Jul (Lusa) - O príncipe Karim Aga Khan, líder institucional e espiritual de milhões de muçulmanos ismailis a viver em cerca de 25 países vai estar em Portugal de 10 a 14 de Julho.

O Aga Khan é o 49º Imam hereditário dos Muçulmanos Shia Imami Ismailis e dirige uma comunidade de 15 milhões de muçulmanos, oito mil dos quais a residir em Portugal.

Para os seus seguidores, Karim Aga Khan, que acedeu ao trono do Imamat Ismaili a 11 de Julho de 1957, é um descendente directo do Profeta Maomé através do seu primo e genro Ali, o primeiro Imam, e da sua mulher Fátima, a filha do Profeta.

De acordo com a tradição Shia do Islão, o mandato do Imam abarca tanto as questões espirituais como as materiais.

Durante o ano de Jubileu que começou em Julho de 2007, Aga Khan efectuou várias visitas oficiais, em resposta a convites por parte de Chefes de Estado.

Nas visitas a países como a India, Estados Unidos, Moçambique, Bangladesh, Madagascar e Reino Unido, o lider espiritual dos ismaelitas reuniu-se com Chefes de Estado e de Governo e revisitou os programas e projectos da rede para o desenvolvimento Aga Khan.

A visita a Portugal, que se realiza de 10 a 14 de Julho e que concide com a celebração do dia (11 de Julho) em que o príncipe acedeu ao trono há 50 anos, está a ser preparada com a ajuda de mais de 700 voluntários sendo esperadas mais de 15 mil ismaelitas quer do território português quer de outros países.

As celebrações do Jubileu do Imam, segundo a comunidade, oferecem oportunidades para o lançamento de novos projectos de desenvolvimento, de âmbito social, cultural e económico.

De acordo com a ética da fé, estes projectos pretendem melhorar a qualidade de vida dos mais vulneráveis da sociedade com a criação de escolas, hospitais e projectos de habitação.

No seu Jubileu de Prata, há 25 anos, o actual Aga Khan lançou novas instituições e projectos de desenvolvimento social e económico que têm contribuído para a melhoria da vida de milhões de pessoas no mundo em desenvolvimento.

Estas iniciativas fazem agora parte da Rede Aga Khan para o Desenvolvimento (Aga Khan Development Network - AKDN), um grupo de instituições cujos mandatos vão da saúde e da educação à arquitectura, da micro-finança à promoção da iniciativa do sector privado e à revitalização de cidades históricas - todas elas agindo como catalizadores de desenvolvimento.

A Fundação Aga Khan é uma dessas instituições que compõem a rede e para comemorar o jubileu de ouro está em marcha um projecto de criação de uma escola de excelência para crianças e jovens que revelem capacidades elevadas mas que têm dificuldades financeiras.

O projecto, segundo o representante em Portugal da rede Aga Khan para o Desenvolvimento, comendador Nazim Ahmad, ainda está a ser negociado sabendo-se apenas que deverá ficar na zona da grande Lisboa e que terá regime de internato para receber alunos de todo o país.

Esta academia de excelência educacional assemelha-se a outras já criadas pela rede em todo o mundo.

A AKDN gasta mais de 320 milhões de dólares anualmente em actividades de desenvolvimento social e económico e opera com mais de 200 instituições de cuidados de saúde, incluindo nove hospitais, e mais de 300 escolas no mundo em desenvolvimento.

Seguindo a tradição dos seus antepassados - recuando mil anos até à fundação das primeiras universidades e instituições de ensino no mundo Muçulmano - o Aga Khan continua a sublinhar a importância da educação.

O seu reconhecimento da necessidade de um compromisso da "Sociedade de Conhecimento" global levou à criação da Universidade Aga Khan (AKU), no Paquistão, há 25 anos - a primeira universidade privada e de gestão autónoma nesse país.

A AKU tornou-se, entretanto, numa universidade internacional e opera hoje em nove complexos universitários em todo o mundo.

O Fundo Aga Khan para a Cultura (Aga Khan Trust for Culture - AKTC) - outra instituição da maior importância da AKDN - tem vindo a desenvolver diversos projectos que vão da realização de exposições de arte Islâmica à reabilitação de edifícios, bairros e cidades históricas, de Hunza, no Norte do Paquistão, a Cabul, no Afeganistão, ao Cairo, no Egipto, a Mali, no Norte de África.

GC.

Lusa/fim

--------------

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Updates from theismaili.org

Portuguese youth commemorate the Golden Jubilee through art

Portuguese Ismaili youth learn to express themselves through painting in the Dar-at-Ta’lim art project. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for Portugal
As part of the Dar-at-Ta’lim religious education programme, Portuguese children, youth, and their teachers have been busy creating special pieces of art to celebrate the upcoming Golden Jubilee visit to Lisbon.

One of the core objectives of the visual art project has been to encourage young people in Portugal — as well as their teachers, parents, and other family members — to depict their love for Mawlana Hazar Imam through artistic expression, a long-standing tradition in Ismaili history.

Another objective of the project is to encourage young people to use art and creative expression as a vehicle for the communication of emotion. The project allows students to awaken their creativity and explore their talents and interests.

A girl composes her painting on canvas. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for Portugal

During the first stage of the project, students from across Portugal explored the work of Muslim artists, past and present. Many participants were inspired by the work of artists such as the late Ismail Gulgee.

The Dar-at-Ta’lim art project was also designed to help various members of the Jamat come together and work hand-in-hand to commemorate Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee visit. Children and youth collaborated with their families, teachers, and various artists in the Jamat to craft their personal art pieces.

In addition to paintings on canvas, the young people have also created a tapestry: a collaborative map depicting the presence of Ismaili Muslims across the world, both today and throughout history.

Portuguese youth participate in a special Dar-at-Ta’lim art project commemorating the Golden Jubilee visit of Mawlana Hazar Imam. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for Portugal

The art project has proven to be a tremendous success. Not only has it helped bring various members of the Jamat together in a celebration of the upcoming Golden Jubilee visit festivities, but it has also given young people across Portugal an opportunity to explore creative expressions of their love for Mawlana Hazar Imam.

Adam Sadrudine, a 16-year-old from Portugal who participated in the project, was happy to be part of an initiative that brought so many people together. “This was a good experience that helped us recall some of the things we had learned throughout the year through the Dar-at-Ta'lim programme,” he said. “In addition, it was an excellent exercise in helping us truly express how we feel about our faith and our Imam.”

A piece of art created by a young person in Portugal as part of the Dar-at-Ta’lim art project. Photo: Courtesy ITREB Portugal

Sadrudine's thoughts echo those of many others across Portugal when describing his excitement for the upcoming visit.

“I was immensely happy to have had the opportunity to work on a project where we were invited to show our love for and sincere gratitude to Mawlana Hazar Imam for all he has been doing over the past fifty years.”
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Updates from theismaili.org

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/489/Portugal-visit

Portugal visit
Friday, 11 July 2008

Mawlana Hazar Imam and Foreign Minister Luís Amado shake hands upon signing of an Agreement of International Cooperation between the Ismaili Imamat and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Portuguese Republic. Photo: Gary Otte
Mawlana Hazar Imam spent Imamat Day, his second day in Portugal, meeting with various government officials. He began by meeting with the Minister of Justice, Alberto Costa, at the Ministry of Justice. He then met with the President of the Assembly of the Republic, Jaime Gama, who also hosted a lunch in honour of Mawlana Hazar Imam at the Assembly building.

In the afternoon, Hazar Imam visited the Foreign Office to meet with the Foreign Minister, Luís Amado, which was followed by an evening meeting with Prime Minister José Sócrates at the Prime Minister’s official residence. There, Mawlana Hazar Imam and the Foreign Minister signed an Agreement of International Cooperation between the Ismaili Imamat and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Portuguese Republic. The Prime Minister also hosted a dinner in honour of Mawlana Hazar Imam, which was attended by Prince Amyn, Prince Rahim, Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya.

Additional photos are available in the photo gallery. Further updates on Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee visit to Portugal will continue to be posted at TheIsmaili.org.

Thursday, 10 July

Mawlana Hazar Imam with the President of the Portuguese Republic, Cavaco Silva. Photo: Gary Otte
This afternoon, Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Lisbon, commencing his Golden Jubilee visit to Portugal.

Leaders of the Jamat gathered at the airport to welcome Mawlana Hazar Imam, who was formally received by Alberto Costa, Minister of Justice, on behalf of the Government of Portugal. Thousands of members of the Jamat from Portugal and abroad lined the route of Hazar Imam’s motorcade to welcome him.

From the airport, Mawlana Hazar Imam went to the Presidential Palace for a meeting with President Cavaco Silva. Following their meeting, the Portuguese President and First Lady hosted a lunch in honour of Mawlana Hazar Imam.

Later in the afternoon, the United Nations High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations, Jorge Sampaio, met with Mawlana Hazar Imam at his hotel. Mr Sampaio, a former President of the Portuguese Republic, opened the Ismaili Centre in Lisbon exactly ten years ago, on 11 July 1998.

Also see the related press release and photos at the AKDN website.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

AKDN Updates

http://akdn.org/news/2008july12.html

Aga Khan University and Catholic University of Portugal
Sign Agreement of Academic Collaboration
Jointly Sighned by Aga Khan University and Catholic University of Portugal

Please also see Related Material

12 July 2008 - Lisbon, Portugal - Aga Khan University (AKU) and the Catholic University of Portugal (UCP), today signed an agreement of academic collaboration as part of their efforts to foster international understanding and scholarly cooperation between diverse cultures and faiths. Areas of collaboration between the two universities will include culture, law, religion, ethics, health sciences, education and human development through joint research, training initiatives, and exchange programmes for faculty and students. Professor Manuel Braga da Cruz, Rector of the UCP and Firoz Rasul, President AKU, signed the Memorandum of Understanding at the Ismaili Centre in Lisbon.

The historic signing ceremony was attended by His Eminence D. Jose Policarpo, the Cardinal Patriarch of Lisbon and Chancellor of the University, D. José Policarpo, and His Highness the Aga Khan, Imam (Spiritual Leader) of the Ismaili Muslims and Chancellor of the AKU. Rector da Cruz and President Rasul noted that the partnership between the two Universities conveyed a collective commitment to go beyond common boundaries, to build bridges between diverse faiths and peoples by connecting different parts of the world together through the universal language of scholarship. The partnership is an opportunity to address shared concerns, identify common interests and foster greater understanding on issues of global concern.

Aga Khan University’s Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations, based in London, will lead the collaboration, working with the Faculties of Law and Theology, and the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Catholic University of Portugal. Initial projects will include comparative study of the impact of religion on the evolution of legal systems as it relates to the law of the land and its bearing on civil society; cultural studies; health sciences education and training; joint research, training and consultation on bioethics; and discussion on human development frameworks. Collaboration will include exchange programmes, research initiatives, and the organisation of symposia, lectures series, conferences, short courses and continuing education programmes.

Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University is an institution of the Aga Khan Development Network. AKU is a private, autonomous university recognised for its research, teaching and service at an international standard in medicine, nursing, teacher education, medical care and community service. The university has campuses and programmes in eight countries in South Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Africa, including Faculties of Health Sciences with a Nursing School, Medical College and teaching hospitals in Karachi and Nairobi, Institutes for Educational Development in Karachi and Dar es salaam, an Examination Board and an Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations. AKU is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender, national origin or financial standing.

The Portuguese Catholic University is a public educational institution, established by the Congregation of Catholic Education, under the Concordat between Portugal and the Apostolic See, and recognised by the Portuguese State in 1971. It currently has approximately 11.000 students attending all three cycles of study (University degree, Masters’ degree and PhD) in all of its 4 major centres, located in Lisbon, Braga, Oporto and Viseu. It is also attended, on an annual basis, by over 2.000 professionals seeking its well reputed programmes for executives. The scientific areas developed by the University cover a variety of themes ranging from Theology to Art, Philosophy, Human Sciences, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Educational Sciences, Biotechnology, Entrepreneurial Sciences, and Law. Integrated within UCP units, there are 22 study centres, Cabinets and Institutes which are essentially dedicated towards pure and applied investigation. As from 1998, the University has its own publisher, named UCEditora.

For additional information, please contact:
Karim Vissangy
Rede Aga Khan para o Desenvolvimento
Management Officer
Karim.vissangy@akdn.org
Contacto: 968 630 150 ou 217 220 000/1
Eugenia Rato
Directora do Gabinete da Reitoria
Email: mrato@reitoria:ucp.pt
Contacto: 217265838
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Coinciding with MHI’s visit to Lisbon, there is an interesting article providing background info about the city. There is a cultural renaissance taking place there and our cultural institutions and well placed to make significant contributions to this process. In this respect MHI’s visit there could be significant for the future....

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/tr ... gewanted=1

Excerpt:

The last of the Western European capitals to experience a cultural bloom, Lisbon is avidly making up for lost time. All over the city, an upstart generation is laying waste to the sepia-toned stereotypes and gleefully constructing edgy and forward-looking ventures amid the time-worn monuments and quaint cobbled lanes.

"I remember being a kid and thinking, `Nothing happens in Lisbon. Why should we have to go abroad to see stuff happening and new stuff and to get inspired?' " said Nuno Pinho, 33, co-owner of a gallery called In-Cubo that opened last year. "Now there are so many things happening in Lisbon that you can't get to everything — concerts, exhibitions."

"It is not an old-fashioned city where the women still carry fish on their heads."
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received:

Subject: FW: Portugal Golden Jubilee Darbar Mubarakis
Date: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 3:47 PM
"...He said Dr. will tell them that brocoli is good for them. He pronouced BROCCOLI in an Indian accent and the Jamat laughed so hard and he was laughing too. After a while He said that when you see that UGLY thing, you know it is brocoooooooooooli. It may make your legs shorter, ears big and give you 2 big whiskers and the Jamat laughed and clapped. Then again He mentioned that we will be soon watching OLYMPIC GAMES and instead of the winner of the 100m sprint will get up with his trophy and instead of saying BRAVO, STEROIDS, WILL SAY BRAVO, BROOOCOOOOLI! Again in a very funny accent..."

In a message dated 13/07/2008 12:29:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:

YAM to all of you.

HEARTIEST Mubarakis to you all for the most wonderful deedar experience we had this morning. It is 4.15 here and we just got back half an hour ago. Thank you all for your kind prayers and good wishes that we were so blessed today. We took a cab at 2.30 a.m. and got to the Hall at 2.45. Stood outside reciting salwats, ginans and zikr tasbihs. Got in for the security check at 4.15 or so. INT. Jamat then went through a different entrance and we stood in line till 5.45 a.m. They were serving nice hot masala tea and snacks but we did not want to lose out place so we stood where we were and just did Zikr.

Finally the doors opened at 5.45 and there was a special area for the INT. JAMAT. With mowla's rahem, infinite mercy and your kind prayers we got a place in front of the stage by the runner. Mowla came in at 10.30 and went to change and then came in. The moment He stepped out of the car, He seemed so bubbly, so happy . WE were all doing intense praying, zikr and were asked not to talk at all. J.K. was known as whispering Zone. Most people just closed their eyes and prayed. The atmosphere was so spiritual and so heavenly. Mowla walked slowly and kept on blessing the Jamat. He took His place on the GAADI and then Quran Ayat was recited and its TRANSLATION was given so well last night at J.K by an ALwaez from London., KARIM. HE was just so wonderful. He prepared us all very well. After the Ayat, meanings in Portuguese and English were given THen the JAMAT joined the reciters in singing YA ALI KHUB MIJALAS. That moment was just so emotional and so spiritual that for a moment you did not know where you were. Mowla was smiling all the time

Then after the usual ceremonies and the President's Speech,HE GOT up for the farmans. Blessings to all present, their families and Jamats. We thought of you all and in you were all in our hearts, thoughts and prayers and so was the CANADIAN Jamat. Blessings for the Ruhanis. Blessings for the Volunteers for the excellent job they had done and also for looking after the brothers and sisters from all over the world who had come for the celebration.

Economy slow down. 2-3 years for it to recover. Live prudently. UNITE with people with same professions and make the exit easy if need be. Thanked for Material nazarana and urged for TIME And Knowledge Nazarana and that will open up many opportunities in other countries.

Thanked the Portuguese Govt. for the according Him a very warm welcome. Mentioned about the signing of protocol with the Govt. which will help poor people in other countries. Wanted all to be happy, rejoice and keep smiling all day. He said the SMILE IS A BLESSING OF ALLAH. Worried about elderly as we are living a long life - ALHAMDULILAH AND he
wanted to make sure that they lived a very dignified life and had good company. Inshallah by the end of Jubilee year THIS challenge will be met. He was in a most jovial mood and He wanted us all to laugh, He said . He was mentioning about the eldery visiting Doctors and getting medicines and getting advice for diet etc. He urged jamat not to indulge in smoking or drugs. He said Dr. will tell them that brocoli is good for them. He pronouced BROCCOLI in an Indian accent and the Jamat laughed so hard and he was laughing too. After a while He said that when you see that UGLY thing, you know it is brocoooooooooooli. It may make your legs shorter, ears big and give you 2 big whiskers and the Jamat laughed and clapped. Then again He mentioned that we will be soon
watching OLYMPIC GAMES and instead of the winner of the 100m sprint will get up with his trophy and instead of saying BRAVO, STEROIDS, WILL SAY BRAVO, BROOOCOOOOLI! Again in a very funny accent.

He wanted to make sure we were all happy. He said, REJOICE, BE HAPPY AND ENJOY biriyani and samosa and play dandia raas, doing actions with his hands. He walked by us blessing everybody, went and changed and spent time with the non Ismaili spouses who were standing outside. Spent a lot of time with them and talked to them and shook hands with some. Others just stretched their hand s and mowla shook hands. He spoke to the little ones. I hope I am not forgetting anything . Just wanted to share the happy moments with you.

Kamal Taj really prepared us yeseterday with his poetry, power point presentations etc etc. YOU WERE all in our hearts, thoughts and prayers since we got in . Alwaez had specifically asked us to MAKE SURE WE ASK FOR THOSE WHO AR ENOT HERE, FAMILY, FRIENDS ETC ETC. MOWLA LITERALLY BAHU LAAD LADAYA AJE. I asked Mansur during all these jokes, bapa ke kuro thio aay. HE WAS JUST V.V. HAPPY AND IN A VERY JOVIAL MOOD. AFTER He left, we went for lunch and had samosa, garma garma beef biriyani, raito, monthar and fresh fruit salad. Then played raasda and got home . Will leave at 5 for dua at 6 p..m. Dandia till 2 in the morning. THE PORTUGAL JAMAT, specially the Lisbon Jamat has gone out of their ways to look after the International Jamat. The volunteers would not let you pick up your plate or any garbage. They will come with garbage bags and SAY, KACHRO, KHAALI BOTTLE ETC and smile . Wee ones 7 yrs old or so will grab a plate from you and say to you NA NA, if we tell them that we will take the dirty plates ourselves. They have really done too much for all and have been most polite, apologetic and have had smiling faces all the time . Inshallah we will reciprocate to our brothers and sisters when they come to Canada for the JUBILEE.

The non Ismaili security in the building were amazed to see the brother hood in our community. Mansur had lots of conversations with them. Inshallah will see you next week.

love and prayers
Nashir Calgary
Admin

Post by Admin »

Today was the auspicious day Hazar Imam Darbar Deedar

Just points I remember

Hazar Imam arrived at 10.10 am .

He came inside the Darbar which was magnificently decorated and the stage hazar Imam,s throne was

gold & white.

Hazar imam went round the seniors chairs and half hallway.

Hazar Imam came in very very happily-

Mukhi kamadia presented chain Mehemani

Mukhiani Kamadiani presented Mehemani

and then a lady said Ayaat it was fabulous.

A man said ayat in english

and a Girl translated the ayat.

Then the Ginan Imamat day ginan

it was magnificent jamat all reciting with one voice.

National council prsident pledged Loyalty on behalf of Jamat

Hazar mam accepting all came to mike

Hazzar Imam farman today is darbar day and is the day of joy I want you all to be very

happy and smiling on your face. as today is your new day be happy

hazar imam blessed all the jamat for happiness, good health mushkil assan and all your wishes come true

Hazar Imaam farman economic, is going to be slow for atleast 3 years be very careful.

worried about poor jamat as the poor suffer more.

hazar imam emphasised in working in joint ventures, in professions and other business

but said my murid are Individualist.

Ethic and faith. if you cannot go to jamatkhana

take your tasbih say the name ya allah,hazarat ali or the name of the imams

donot make religion your part time but regular, take tasbih any time of the day

then hazar imam said i like to make fun with my jamat

said concious minded health and diet has become part of the life and said

worried what my young generation will be eating that ugly brocolli, which will make

their feet short and ears long and whiskers long actually hazar imam was showing with is hand

and the jamat laughed so loud and clapped claaped. though for the last three days missionary has been

making vaez not to clap when hazar imam is making farman, but hazar imam himself

was so amuzing could not help laughing and claping and hazar imam enjoyed too. it was magnificent awesome cannot

explain how the jamat and hazar imam laughed-

then hazar imam said the 100 meter spinster will not say bravo steroids but will say bravo bro c o l l i

again jamat laughed louder.

hazar imam was presented with china crystal plate, hazar imam said everybody loves china.again jamat laughed-

hazar imam said tonight you will be playing dandiyaraas, i will be with you enjoy

and the samosas and biriyani and mowla laughed and jamat laughed too

lunch was samosas and biriyani

hazar imam again blessed jamat and went round the hall, a little boy stretched his hand to hazar imam when he was walking

mowla gave him a quick hand too. bravo.

i am tired have been in jk since early morning 1 am doors opened 6 am you can guess where we were sitting

front row red runner international jamat wow did not have to look at tv mowla was right in front of us laughing

joking and smiling and blessinfg us, and came right near us, it was spiritual magnificent deedar

mubaraki to you all

remembered you all and also prayed for you all.ameen

anything i rember later will write from landon.

infact i am sending you this email from airport, leaving for london.

love you all

mom & dad