Kalima

Past or Present customs and their evolution
shamsu

Kalima

Post by shamsu »

Why do we touch the ground and then touch our faces 3 times when saying Kalima?
altaf_rupani_1

Re: Kalima

Post by altaf_rupani_1 »

shamsu wrote:Why do we touch the ground and then touch our faces 3
times when saying Kalima?
Shamsu, Quran reveals prayers houses should be permitted by Allah:

An-Nur, or Light (XXIV)
---------------------------
36) (Lit in such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised
to honour; for the celebration, in them, of His name: in them is He
glorified in the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again), -

Our Jamatkhanas are permitted by the Lord and Quran reveals Lord is God and the Lord who permits Jamatkhanas will also guide us how to go about it because the Lord is the guide for all times.

In view of the aforesaid verse, those prayer houses which are not permitted by Allah/Lord - are not legal prayers houses.

Shamsu - you seem to be a confused lot. Share you knowledge not your confusion.
shamsu

The Question is...?

Post by shamsu »

My Dear Aziz

Answer the question or wait for someone who can.

Re: The Question is...?

Post by Guest »

shamsu wrote:My Dear Aziz

Answer the question or wait for someone who can.
Hey rumor monger - ID altaf_rupani is not Aziz.

The answer has already been given - refer the highlighted underlined contents :

Shamsu, Quran reveals prayers houses should be permitted by Allah:

An-Nur, or Light (XXIV)

Our Jamatkhanas are permitted by the Lord and Quran reveals Lord is God and the Lord who permits Jamatkhanas will also guide us how to go about it because the Lord is the guide for all times.

In view of the aforesaid verse, those prayer houses which are not permitted by Allah/Lord - are not legal prayers houses.
Shamsu - you seem to be a confused lot. Share you knowledge not your confusion.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

You are not answering shamshu but criticizing why?
shamsu

You seem to know everything!

Post by shamsu »

Is there anything you don't know?

The question is very specific and your answer tangential.

Is it possible that this is the only one thing about Ismailism you don't already know?

Look up tangential, PLEASE.

Re: You seem to know everything!

Post by Guest »

shamsu wrote:Is there anything you don't know?

The question is very specific and your answer tangential.

Is it possible that this is the only one thing about Ismailism you don't already know?

Look up tangential, PLEASE.
Shamsu - the answer given to you is very clear:

Quran reveals prayers houses should be permitted by Allah:

An-Nur, or Light (XXIV)

Our Jamatkhanas are permitted by the Lord and Quran reveals Lord is God and the Lord who permits Jamatkhanas will also guide us how to go about it (the customs, rites, formalities) because the Lord is the guide for all times.

Bye Bye

Post by Guest »

I have noticed that the Admin or Moderator, i.e. Umed, has started deleting my postings judging it from his point of view even though his point of view goes against the farman and the quran, I am no longer interested in posting in the forum.
shamsu

Vocabulary Lesson

Post by shamsu »

Main Entry: tan·gen·tial
Pronunciation: tan-'jen(t)-sh&l
Function: adjective
Date: 1630
1 : of, relating to, or of the nature of a tangent
2 : acting along or lying in a tangent <tangential forces>
3 a : DIVERGENT, DIGRESSIVE b : touching lightly : INCIDENTAL, PERIPHERAL <tangential involvement>
- tan·gen·tial·ly /-'jen(t)-sh(&-)lE/ adverb

Pronunciation Key

© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

Re: Vocabulary Lesson

Post by Guest »

shamsu wrote:Main Entry: tan·gen·tial
Pronunciation: tan-'jen(t)-sh&l
Function: adjective
Date: 1630
1 : of, relating to, or of the nature of a tangent
2 : acting along or lying in a tangent <tangential forces>
3 a : DIVERGENT, DIGRESSIVE b : touching lightly : INCIDENTAL, PERIPHERAL <tangential involvement>
- tan·gen·tial·ly /-'jen(t)-sh(&-)lE/ adverb

Pronunciation Key

© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy
Al-Araf or The Heights (VII)
148) The people of Moses made, in his absence, out of their ornaments, the body of a calf, (for worship): having lowing sound did they not see that it could neither speak to them, nor show them the Way? They took it for worship and they did wrong.
[The aforesaid wordings makes it clear that people should not worship in such things which is not capable of speaking and showing them the Way.]

36) But those who reject Our Signs and treat them with arrogance, - they are Companions of the Fire, to dwell therein (forever).

["Signs", inter alia, means hint, indication, suggestion, clue, illustration = make clear by example, etc. As is clear from verse 148 of Chapter 7, Allah has suggested or hinted or indicated or given a clue or illustrated, etc. that people should not worship in such things which is not capable of speaking and showing them the Way and verse 36 of Chapter 7 reveals that those rejecting Allah's signs (suggestion or hint or clue or indication or illustration, etc.) and treat them with arrogance, - they are Companions of the Fire, to dwell therein (forever).]

An-Nur, or Light - 24
35) ..... Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

[The Quran verses, inter alia, clearly states that Allah speaks to mankind in allegories and/or Allah doth set forth parables for men. Allegory, inter alia, means "a symbolic narrative" and symbolic, inter alia, means "Illustrative" --- i.e. make clear by example, reveal, parable. As such, Allegory and/or Parable, inter alia, means a lesson (sermon, truth, rule, decree, dictum [authoritative statement]). In other words, Allah has, inter alia, conveyed messages to his followers in allegories and parables which are clear and easy to understand taking into account the following verses of Quran:

Ya-Sin (being Abbreviated Letters) (XXXVI)
69) We have not instructed the (Prophet) in Poetry, nor is it meet for him: this is no less than a Message and a Qur'an making things clear.

Al-Qamar, or the Moon (LIV)
17) And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

Al-Baqarah, or the Heifer (The Cow)
26) Allah disdain not to use the similitude of things, even of a gnat as well as anything above it. Those who believe know that it is the truth from their Lord; but those who reject Faith say: "What means Allah by this similitude? By it He causes many to stray, and many He leads into the right path; but He causes not to stray, except those who forsake (the path), -
shamsu

Kalima

Post by shamsu »

Posted: 09 May 2003 03:05 am Post subject: Kalima

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya Aly Madad

Here is my understanding of the actions during Kalima.

1] We do it because Rasulillah used to do so. (Abualy Waez)

When we do sijda we do it at mowla's feet and at the end of the dua we take the khaak from there (under mowla's feet) and rub it on our faces in Humility and Gratitude.

2] I have heard that in Wajh Deen Pir Nasir Khushraw has mentioned that when we declare that we give witness that there is no Allah but Allah, Mohammed is his Rasul and Aly is the leader of Momins and he is from Allah, we are, with our action of touching the ground and our faces, indicating that the creation represented by the earth and our faces which are our identities are the two witnesses that support our claim.

It appears that in Islam there are usually two witnesses required for any claim to be valid.

If anyone else has other esoteric meanings to add with proper reference please contribute.

Ya Aly Madad
shams
roxy

Post by roxy »

shamsu wrote:
Posted: 09 May 2003 03:05 am Post subject: Kalima

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya Aly Madad

Here is my understanding of the actions during Kalima.

1] We do it because Rasulillah used to do so. (Abualy Waez)

When we do sijda we do it at mowla's feet and at the end of the dua we take the khaak from there (under mowla's feet) and rub it on our faces in Humility and Gratitude.

2] I have heard that in Wajh Deen Pir Nasir Khushraw has mentioned that when we declare that we give witness that there is no Allah but Allah, Mohammed is his Rasul and Aly is the leader of Momins and he is from Allah, we are, with our action of touching the ground and our faces, indicating that the creation represented by the earth and our faces which are our identities are the two witnesses that support our claim.

It appears that in Islam there are usually two witnesses required for any claim to be valid.

If anyone else has other esoteric meanings to add with proper reference please contribute.

Ya Aly Madad
shams
Shamsu - the answer was given to you in a very clear manner:

An-Nur, or Light (XXIV)

Our Jamatkhanas are permitted by the Lord and Quran reveals Lord is God and the Lord who permits Jamatkhanas will also guide us how to go about it (the customs, rites, formalities) because the Lord is the guide for all times.

For abesafa there is a farman, for chandrat there is a farman, etc. and as such if certain things has certain meanings that there should be a farman from mawlana hazar imam. Please note ismaili go as per the farmans.

The things you mention are your own invented interpretations - the khaak, rubbing, etc. - please note they are not of the ismailis - a true ismaili go only as per the farmans only. Please let me know which farman mention about khaak, rubbing, etc. If you do not know then please do not go on mentioning things, more so, since earlier you mentioned things of your own and termed as farman of sultan mohd shan, you translated ginans wrong - aql = breathing, open eyes = blind and you even go the Adams and 50000 from nowhere, etc. Initially you refused to acknowledge that soul could be corrupted and then when everything was made clear from farman and quran you came up with a ginan that soul can be corrupted.
shamsu

My dear roxy

Post by shamsu »

Do you have any farman that states why we rub khak on our faces during kalima.

There must be a reason for doing so.

"Amaro deen Aql uper rachaelo cche"

You seem to think Imam has asked us to do this.

Well, get the proof. Where and when did Imam instruct us to do this rubbing our hands over our faces during kalima ritual.

I will not call you any names here. Just show me the proof. Which Imam instructed us to do this action during kalima.
roxy

Re: My dear roxy

Post by roxy »

shamsu wrote:Do you have any farman that states why we rub khak on our faces during kalima.

There must be a reason for doing so.

"Amaro deen Aql uper rachaelo cche"

You seem to think Imam has asked us to do this.

Well, get the proof. Where and when did Imam instruct us to do this rubbing our hands over our faces during kalima ritual.

I will not call you any names here. Just show me the proof. Which Imam instructed us to do this action during kalima.
What do you mean why we rub khaak on the face - I do not rub any khaak on the face. I am repeating my earlier posting.

An-Nur, or Light (XXIV)

Imam is aware of everything and he gives directions in tariqah matters - refer to the following farmans:

Our Jamat has a living Imam, and it is our tradition, it is our belief, that it is the Imam of the time who gives guidance and direction in matters concerned with the tariqah. I wish it, therefore, to be well understood that I will continue to give guidance on matters concerning the tariqah, that I will give you the direction which I believe is the direction which you should follow, and that in looking at the Jamat around the world, I will be conscious of differences of tradition and I will note them, I will reflect about them, I will look at them with love and affection, but I will also, where it is necessary make adjustments as the fact is that our world is changing; because that is the role, that is what the Imam of the time is to do for the Jamat. So I wish it to be clear to my Jamat in Tanzania, as elsewhere, that it is the Imam of the time whose responsibility it is to give guidance and direction on tariqah matters. Therefore, do not let yourselves be misled and believe that the Imam is not aware, for he is aware of what is happening in the Jamat, not only in this part of the world, but elsewhere. There will be no compromise on the fundamentals of our tariqah. You may be absolutely assured of that.
farhatnoorali

kalima

Post by farhatnoorali »

i agree with shamshu where he give explanation of Abu ali. I just heard that waaz and it states in that by Abu Ali Missionary.Maula cant teach us every thing so we have alwaaz, religious school, councils and Mukhi sahab. Missionary are trained before they give the waaz. sometimes people argue o&shy;n the things which they shouldnt.<BR>Maula Bless us All and give us true understanding of our faith Ameen
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

It is when someone bares witness, or swears (I give you my word/face) that...(Ashud-Du-Unna) "I bare witness"
Long ago when people swore that the value of the witness was their good name/face
As to the similar way when there is LA ILAHA ILL AL ALAH, it is a custom to raise your shahada finger (right index finger). I know that is missed in DU’A part two and four times in part 3 and also in Eid salaat (only in Khoja-Jamet Khannas). It is however well pronounced in non-khoja ismailis and other Muslims during prayer. One of the best ways I have learned to pick out with great accuracies where there are more mixed (khoja and non-khoja) Ismailis in JK. Look at their hands how they are crossed! Majority of them have their left hand crossed over the top of right. If you know the proper (AADAB) antiquates for Nammaz (sallat) you would know that. Don’t tell me that you don’t attend any Nammaz, because there are three, which Ismails do attend. Or tell me that you are batini and it does not apply. That is just a cop-out.
aatimaram

Post by aatimaram »

shamsu wrote:Why do we touch the ground and then touch our faces 3 times when saying Kalima?
There is no significance of doing this action in Ismailism. We have to say Kalima attentively with understanding its meaning.
Admin

Re: Complete Ismaili Kalima

Post by Admin »

This is the entire Ismaili Kalima possibly recited in the subcontinent during the time of Pir Satgur Nur of 14 declarations below:

Short Ismaili version in Old Du’a (Ashaduan)

1. La illaha illahlah
2. Muhammad Rasullulah
3. Amirul Mominee Ali (Sahi) Allah

Additional 11 + 3 declaration in the Old Du’a:

4. La illaha illahlahul Hayyul Qayyum
5. La illaha illahlahul Malikul Haqqul Mubeen
6. La illaha illahlahul Malikul Haqqul Yaqeen
7. La illaha illahlahul Malik Yaumeddin
8. La illaha illahlahul Aliyyul Azeem
9. La illaha illahlahul Halimul Kareem
10. La illaha illahlahul Rabi as Samaawate Sabia
11. La illaha illahlahul Allah hu Akbar

One such manuscript adds the following under the title “Haqiqat jo Kalmo” (The name is similar to Kalimatul Haq which is purported to have been coined by Hassan bin Sabbah):

12. La illaha illahlahul Wasiyul Kareem
13. La illaha illahlahul Rehmanal Kareem
14. La illaha illahlahul Rehmanal Raheem

Extract from "Evolution and re-evaluation of the Ismaili Du’a following the Declaration of the Great Resurrection in Alamut." - Link below:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/37401