Anant Akhado

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
BUIteacher23

Anant Akhado

Post by BUIteacher23 »

I have a book with all the 1000 plus verses in it with translations. Some of it is beautiful but I have a problem with some of the verses about the references to hell. Maybe it has to do with the time period the pir wrote it in on that silk cloth, or maybe the translations came out that way. Although the ginans are beautiful and full of meanings, I'm not sure whether I should take some of the verses seriously since it's not directly from the Imam of that time. Maybe I'm wrong, convince me otherwise. I'll post some of the parts I'm referring to a little bit later and you all can give me your views on them. Thanks
BUIteacher23

Post by BUIteacher23 »

I believe this ginan is full of subliminal messages. How can you feel good singing about how one will go to hell if they have doubts about our religion or don't listen to what the peer composed. It's like proclaiming over and over you're far more superior than people like that, and Islam should be about living in peace and treating others with respect. I think people who aren't believers also need to be valued like everyone else, regardless.

I know it's outdated stuff in the ginans, but we're only human, of course we're going to have days when we're not sure what exactly it is we're practicing and are trying to find out, without completely giving up our daily routines and lifestyles.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I am unable to understand your topic as Anat Akhado has total "500 verses" whereas you have written "I have a book with all the 1000 plus verses in it with translations."
May be you talking about some other Ginan/granth.
Admin

Re: Anant Akhado

Post by Admin »

BUIteacher23 wrote:I have a book with all the 1000 plus verses in it with translations. Some of it is beautiful but I have a problem with some of the verses about the references to hell.
Yes there are also reference to hell in the Quran, the Bible and other religious books... It may all be symbolic but does that take away any of the value of these works?
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

BUIteacher23 wrote:I believe this ginan is full of subliminal messages. How can you feel good singing about how one will go to hell if they have doubts about our religion or don't listen to what the peer composed. It's like proclaiming over and over you're far more superior than people like that, and Islam should be about living in peace and treating others with respect. I think people who aren't believers also need to be valued like everyone else, regardless.

I know it's outdated stuff in the ginans, but we're only human, of course we're going to have days when we're not sure what exactly it is we're practicing and are trying to find out, without completely giving up our daily routines and lifestyles.

There is nothing outdated in the ginans, our viewpoint needs to be from the point of time the Pir was composing the ginan and looking at the language used. Our knowledge of the language and circumstance is so miniscule that we have failed to see the gist of not only this ginan but most of our other ginans and ceremonies.

Shams
FAR

Re: Anant Akhado

Post by FAR »

BUIteacher23 wrote:I have a book with all the 1000 plus verses in it with translations. Some of it is beautiful but I have a problem with some of the verses about the references to hell. Maybe it has to do with the time period the pir wrote it in o­n that silk cloth, or maybe the translations came out that way. Although the ginans are beautiful and full of meanings, I'm not sure whether I should take some of the verses seriously since it's not directly from the Imam of that time. Maybe I'm wrong, convince me otherwise. I'll post some of the parts I'm referring to a little bit later and you all can give me your views o­n them. Thanks
<BR><BR>Is it true that by reading the anant akhado daily will help eliviate all problems ?<BR>