Canada Registration website

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
sassy

Canada Registration website

Post by sassy »

sassy

Post by sassy »

www.gjregistration.com
www.goldenjubileecanada.org ( this starts April 4/08)

can someone from canada registration team verify if both of these websites are correct ??
thnks
al-azhar

Post by al-azhar »

sassy wrote:www.gjregistration.com
www.goldenjubileecanada.org ( this starts April 4/08)

can someone from canada registration team verify if both of these websites are correct ??
thnks
The first one is the testsite for registration
The second one is the official one which will become active Apr4th
So don't try to jump the gun, wait for jamati announcements.
positive

Registration

Post by positive »

Vow the reply from al-azhar; "don't jump the gun"; sounds that you have been ticked by sassy when he asked the question.... "which is the correct GJ registration site.... why even have the training site address / name so similar to the real site.... it is confusing... and already this kind of "verbage" from you, al-azhar, this makes me wonder if I should register with you or not... because your registration team; "some of them" (ofcourse others are purely doing SEWA) but some of them; kill two birds with one stone....... they want this sewa so they can find out more information about certain people and then in future manipulate this information ... this makes me very uncomfortable and a lot of jamati members felt that way during the 2005 registration ....... they felt intimidated by these people doing registration.... some of these registration people thought they are registering criminals and that "they" are the police officers... if only they would look at themselves first before making others feel that way....... make sure your registration team behave professionally this time....... I believe the majority of them will be the same people........ very sad....... how in the name of sewa they use the information for their own benefit....... please ask them NOT TO
"M I S U S E" this sewa !! Same applies to SOME volunteers who wear uniform in J.K..... you guys have to be careful how you conduct yourselves when doing ANY KIND OF SEWA..... there should be a spiriti of friendliness for people to fee comfortable giving their personal information to TOM, DICK and HARRIES....
al-azhar

Re: Reply to positive

Post by al-azhar »

When I replied to sassy's question, I was not answering as a member of a registration team or a doing sewa as you may assume. I have absolutely nothing to do with any registration team for you info. Anyone who clicks on the websites can tell what it means. My advise as not to jump the gun was not to be hasty as the council always announces which site is the official one. That means you don't give your personal info to bogus sites. That was my advise. So what's this all about criminals and police officers and volunteers who wear uniforms? What's this about "you guys have to be careful how you conduct..." etc. Makes no sense of your hate towards your own brothers and sisters. Come on "positive" don't be so negative! Be happy.
positive

Post by positive »

Thank you al-alzar for your reply. I guess you made a point I did have some problems with my fellow "brothers" and "sisters" and thats all... I was merely trying to "point out" Hopefully they read this message and behave themselves.
al-azhar

Forget it

Post by al-azhar »

positive wrote:Thank you al-alzar for your reply. I guess you made a point I did have some problems with my fellow "brothers" and "sisters" and thats all... I was merely trying to "point out" Hopefully they read this message and behave themselves.
There is really no THEY and US. We are all one. Let go off that attitude and not let small matters hinder your life. Life is too short. This is not a place
air your frustrations, but to build bridges.
positive

Post by positive »

Good advice.... I wonder how much of this do "you" personally do and follow... I am curious..... when it comes to advising people they love even quoting H.Imam's firmans etc. and give advices like U R doing ........butt the language that you used to reply to sassy's question gave away quite a bit about yourself... and here you are advising !!!!
ShamsB

Re: Registration

Post by ShamsB »

positive wrote:Vow the reply from al-azhar; "don't jump the gun"; sounds that you have been ticked by sassy when he asked the question.... "which is the correct GJ registration site.... why even have the training site address / name so similar to the real site.... it is confusing... and already this kind of "verbage" from you, al-azhar, this makes me wonder if I should register with you or not... because your registration team; "some of them" (ofcourse others are purely doing SEWA) but some of them; kill two birds with one stone....... they want this sewa so they can find out more information about certain people and then in future manipulate this information ... this makes me very uncomfortable and a lot of jamati members felt that way during the 2005 registration ....... they felt intimidated by these people doing registration.... some of these registration people thought they are registering criminals and that "they" are the police officers... if only they would look at themselves first before making others feel that way....... make sure your registration team behave professionally this time....... I believe the majority of them will be the same people........ very sad....... how in the name of sewa they use the information for their own benefit....... please ask them NOT TO
"M I S U S E" this sewa !! Same applies to SOME volunteers who wear uniform in J.K..... you guys have to be careful how you conduct yourselves when doing ANY KIND OF SEWA..... there should be a spiriti of friendliness for people to fee comfortable giving their personal information to TOM, DICK and HARRIES....
So you want the khoja thing eh?
Want to jump ahead of all the others and register?
are you upset that some of us "seem" to have an inside track and you don't?
did a volunteer or a sevadhari upset you? for that I apologize on their behalf.
As a fellow ismaili and a volunteer and sewadhari I will tell you this..I will always strive to treat you fairly as I will the other ismaili brethren - that means you will have to stand in line and wait your turn, that means that you will show up with the documentation requested and that means that I will treat you with respect and be polite and the least I expect is the same...
Do not expect special treatment just because I know you or you know my parents...i have pledged to serve all with equal vigor and enthusiasm.
There are times i wonder if people actually consider what the volunteer in front of them has gone thru.
We are a volunteer labor force - unpaid - untipped - and never thanked....
i've seen ismailies treat waitstaff better than they've treated volunteers..
Turn around and say thanks once...smile at us...some of us probably will have been on our feet for 12 hours+ by the time you get to us..and we'll still be trying to smile...some of us will not know where our families have been for the past week..and some of us may not have eaten or showered in 3 days..(been there - done that)...or slept in 2 days...(been there - done that)...so think of that..the next time you see a volunteer serving..we're the silent force...

about the website issue...al azhar just pointed out that one was a test website and the other wouldn't work till April 4th..
Now if registration has not started..why would the site be active?..
all sassy did was post these websites..which was ahead of schedule ..it is not april 4th yet..and don't worry..i can vouch for the fact that NO ONE WAS REGISTERED PRIOR TO THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF REGISTRATION...and he did nothing wrong by telling Sassy that the site was not open yet.

ya Ali Madad

Shams
positive

Post by positive »

Mr. Shams.... you are all so wrapped up in your advice of pointing out the service that these sewadaris do... NO DOUBTS at all that "SOME" OF THEM and you are one them ... I don't know you.... (but you must remember it's not all of them ) do not even have a chance to take a shower or eat nor see their families for many days.... and have been continously working so very very hard as pointed out by you and I know of these very people in my hometown......... I am not complaining about wanting to skip the line of registration... nobody wants a VIP treatment... meaning the jamati members, including myself.... that's not what I am refering to....a verbage like don't jump the gun is not appropriate to be used when someone asks a question... that's point number one.... and I presumed that al-azhar was from the registration team (which I was wrong about).........the reason why I decided to point this out because it would in the best interest of the jamat if people responsible for these kind of sewas take ONE extra step to conduct themselves professionally and in a friendly manner.... despite the many days of hard work.... as mentioned earliers SOME OF THEM "M I S U S E" these opportunities and that's all I am pointing out.... and this is true because we have people complaining and see them arguing... unnecessarily.... and the reason for my complain.... I am merely speaking on behalf of people that complained..... and I witnessed that with my OWN eyes.... !!! Whether you agree or not..... the jamat is very much aware as to how HARD the volunteers work........ and there should be an extra step taken always..... if the jamat becomes unhappy.... then no matter how much sewa is done.... it will not make the Imam happy.... and mind you you cannot please everyone...... but there is definitely "SOME" people misusing the responsibilities entrusted to them....
positive

Post by positive »

Somehow I got cut off from my reply.... so I shall continue here......
I just wanted to further clarify that I am NOT REFERING to ALL THESE POINTs MENTIONED IN "YOUR" REPLY MR. SHAMS....

(1.) KHOJA thing,
(2.) nor "jump ahead of all the others and registrer"
(3.) nor am I upset because some of you seem to have inside track and I don't as pointed out in your email..... I am even more amazed at your such remarks.... especially INSIDE TRACK vow !! So something like this does exist and people use and perhaps even misuse this information / connection then...... right ?????

ALL I AM SAYING IS PEOPLE that are ENTRUSTED AND who VOLUNTEER TO DO A SEWA SHOULD and MUST TAKE THESE EXTRA STEPS TO ENSURE NOT TO MISUSE WHAT HAS BEEN ENTRUSTED TO THEM .....they must BEHAVE THEMSELVES PROFESSIONALLY and IN A FRIENDLY MANNER ........ otherwise THERE IS REALLY NO POINT IN DOING A SEWA IN THIS MANNER......... WHETHER YOU GET A THANKS OR NOT SHOULD NOT BE THAT IMPORTANT nor should it be one's objective (no doubt it is very "motivating" to receive acknowledgement and thanks and smiles for your hard work)
IF SEWADARIS DO THEIR PART..... I HAVE NO DOUBTS that the JAMAT is very very kind and appreciative and thoroughly understands the hardwork that the sewadaris perform.....

i hope i have made myself clear..... and please remember I also mentioned it is not all of the these sewadaris..... it is only some.... and their behaviour can definitely be changed given proper training....
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
sana82

Post by sana82 »

Excuse but could we possibly get back to what the topic of this forum is actually about.
No one wants to read about your petty arguments.

The canadian registration website listed above is not working. I was led to believe that registration would begin today.
Can anyone shed some light on the situation?
thanks.
Bashir786

Post by Bashir786 »

sana82 wrote:Excuse but could we possibly get back to what the topic of this forum is actually about.

The canadian registration website listed above is not working. I was led to believe that registration would begin today.
thanks.

I heard that today there will be announcement regarding registration. So please wait until you hear tonight or tomorrow.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

agakhan4 wrote:You know what, shams, positive was just tring to tell al-azhar not to use that kind of language and to me that is more than ok. That is the correct thing to do. You have to adwise your brothers and sisters. I am amazed at you for writing that to positive from all the replys i saw from you shams you should have dealt with it better. Positive than replied to you about your cowarldy language, i mean shams coming from you wow that was a real shocker. Here in the US we try to repect our brothers and sisters but you giving that kind of reply..... wow i mena just wow. Amazing. I honeslty taught of you to be a wise man from you comments but now i no. Positive in the other hand is saying that right thing. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE USED THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE. HOPE YOU LEARN SHAMS !!!
I think both of you missed the boat - as Admin will probably agree with me, when I say this, this is a INDEPENDENT DISCUSSION FORUM/WEBSITE. They do not claim to represent OFFICIAL ISMAILI OR IMAMAT INSTITUTIONS. THEREFORE - ALL INFORMATION POSTED ON HERE BY INDIVIDUALS SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.
All Al azhar did was point SASSY BACK TO THE OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR DARBAR ANNOUNCEMENTS - I.E. JAMATI INSTITUTIONS.
and btw..Al Azhar did answer Sassy's question..but also let her know to wait...as it would be frustrating not only for her but for other members to go the websites and find out that they couldn't register - or it was only for the Canadian Jamat at this time.....
Why do we want information ahead of time - before it is ready to be released? ...that was my point to Positive...
and even our faith we are taught - Dithra Dosh na dijiye..to undithra kiyu kardijiye je......
we have Postive here instead of taking the path of forgive and forget as told to us by the Farmans of the Imam...pointing out that we had person so and so did this...
He heard people complaining - did he go and investigate the issues?...he himself says we can not please everyone...
We are always going to have people that are going to be rubbed the wrong way and we will have sewadharis that will rub people the wrong way..that is human nature..however ...positives reply to Al Azhar was not appropiate..considering that I didn't find anything in Al Azhar's response to Sassy to be negative...

Also doing sewa, being offered sewa and the ability to do sewa are all blessings from Mowlana Hazar Imam.

I am also glad that you no longer think of me as a wise man...and for standing up and speaking my mind - if i am a coward than so be it....

Respect goes both ways my friend.

Shams
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

Bashir786 wrote:
sana82 wrote:Excuse but could we possibly get back to what the topic of this forum is actually about.

thanks.

I heard that today there will be announcement regarding registration. So please wait until you hear tonight or tomorrow.
I believe that the site address will also change when it is operational - that is why it is advisable to wait till the jamat khana announcements are made..the sites are usually triggered to go live around midnight in the local timezones AFTER the JAMAT KHANA ANNOUNCEMENTS.
for Canada - please keep in mind that the Canadian Jamat registration will occur before the international jamat.

Shams
Bashir786

Post by Bashir786 »

agakhan4 wrote:You know what, shams, positive was just tring to tell al-azhar not to use that kind of language and to me that is more than ok. That is the correct thing to do. You have to adwise your brothers and sisters. I am amazed at you for writing that to positive from all the replys i saw from you shams you should have dealt with it better. Positive than replied to you about your cowarldy language, i mean shams coming from you wow that was a real shocker. Here in the US we try to repect our brothers and sisters but you giving that kind of reply..... wow i mena just wow. Amazing. I honeslty taught of you to be a wise man from you comments but now i no. Positive in the other hand is saying that right thing. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE USED THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE. HOPE YOU LEARN SHAMS !!!

FIRST OF ALL SHAME ON YOU. FROM THE NAME YOU CALL YOURSELF SHOWS WHAT SORT OF PERSON YOU ARE AND HOW MUCH LOVE YOU HAVE FOR OUR IMAM. YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THAT SICK PERSON WHOM THE ADMIN HAS TO DEAL WITH ALL THE TIME. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP USING SUCH NAMES AS IDs. THERE IS ANOTHER NUT WHO IS USING THE NAME AS MY BELOVED IMAM. SHAME ON YOU.

SHAMS IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

Shams you are doing a wonderful job and may Mowla Hazir Imam shower his blessings on you. It hurts to see how these few people who call themselves ismailis have such a bad attitude and disrespect for people who are highly knowledgeble like you. I can only guess they are lacking the basic. These people do not know that when they hurt people they are at the same time hurting our Imam. Imam has said in his firman that if you hurt his murid you are hurting him as well. Mowla Hazir Iman in his speech will always bless and praise volunteers and says how proud he is of their sewa.

AND FOR POSITIVE YOU HAVE VERY BAD ATTITUDE, AND A BIG MOUTH, WHY NOT GO AND VOLUNTEER YOURSELF AND SEE WHAT THESE HARD WORKING AND DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS GO THROUGH BEFORE OPENING YOUR BIG MOUTH. THEY ARE NOT EMPLOYED BY YOU AND YOU ARE NOT HANDING OUT PAYCHECKS TO THEM ARE YOU??? SO STOP GIVING OUR VOLUNTEERS A BAD NAME.

POSITIVE SHAME ON YOU!!!!
DELETED

Re: Canada Registration website

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
xaf

Correct site

Post by xaf »

I believe the following is the correct web address but it's for Canadian jamat only as for now. International Jamat registration is said to be at a later date.

http://www.goldenjubileecanada.org/
positive

Post by positive »

Wow good job for pointing this out to others. Look at your OWN language first of all, very insulting. YOU HAVE NO MANNERS AND "YOU "SHOULD BE ASHAMED. So you guys are expecting a pay cheque is that why you are doing sevas and being so rude to the jamat just because "you" are doing FREE seva. How could you EVEN COME UP WITH THIS KIND OF THINKING ..... like that and put it in writing. VOW HOW IT TICKSS YOU PEOPLE..... SO EGOIST..... IN THE NAME OF SEWA.... YOU DESTROY PEOPLE's LIFE BY GIVING THEM ATTITUDE LIKE THIS.....FYI some people have stopped coming to J.K. because of attitudes like YOURS.....BIG SHAME ON YOU I MEAN REALLY YOU MUST BE PATHETIC IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE THINKING AND EXPECTING. I AM NOW SO GLAD.... YOU GUYS HAVE RESPONSED THE WAY YOU HAVE.... IT SHOWS YOUR INNER FILTH.... THEN YOU COME AND PERFORM SEWA.... GREAT PERSONALITIES AND V. GOOD KNOWLEDGE YOU GUYS HAVE... !!!

How do you know I am not volunteering. You say that people like us when we hurt you it's like hurting the Imam.... well this is exactly what I tried to point out to these volunteers who misuse their sewas.... they are the ones who have and are hurting the Imam..... so please don't twist and turn and repeat what has already been said.....

AND NOBODY IS CRITISIZING MR. SHAMS... WE ARE HAVING A CONVERSATION.... WE ARE MERELY SAYING THAT "SOME" VOLUNTEERS
HAVE DONE THIS AND THIS TIME IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THEM TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL.... THIS WAS POINTED OUT DURING THE TRAINING THAT WHEN JAMAT COMES FOR REGISTRATION ... IT IS THEIR FIRST POINT EXPERIENCE FOR GOLDEN JUBILEE.... SO CAN YOU IMAGINE IF SOMEONE IS NOT FRIENDLY WITH YOU AND YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION..... PUT yourself IN THEIR SHOES.... SEE HOW YOU FEEL IT THAT HAPPENS TO YOU....

and for using the name agakhan4 I have a feeling this person must not have understood the process when registering and put this in the wrong spot.... this person probably wanted to use this name as a password and not USER ID.... but look how you pointed out this mistake.... MR BASHIR....
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED