translation of ginan in english or meanings

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
zulismail

translation of ginan in english or meanings

Post by zulismail »

Hello everone Ya lay madad<BR>&nbsp;Does anyone knows the meaning of this ginan mentioned below,I mean the complete Ginan from begining verse to the last verse (kadee)<BR><BR>Dhin ki baat kahi na jaavee<BR>lakh karoo to hath na aavee thios is the begining part the end part is as follow<BR><BR>phir hassah shah boliya ginan<BR>bhai muniwar ghar lave kaan<BR><BR>[/b]
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Dhin ki baat kahi na jaave,
laakh karo to haath na aave 1

The mysteries of religion cannot be disclosed (to the uninitiated), for even through a hundred thousand exertions, they cannot be attained (it is through grace that one attains them).

Neh agansun dehaa biraani,
prem kathaa kine na jaani 2

Through the fire of love, my being seems remote/detached, the tale of love cannot be understood by anyone ( who has not tasted it).

Khol kahun to koi na paave,
taare gintaa rahen bihaave 3

Even if I were to narrate it, none would understand and they will spend sleepless nights trying to comprehend.

Bhuldde man sun haansi jo aave,
neon mund nisdhin sove 4

The negligent cause comtempt and laughter in me; with (inner) eyes shut, they are asleep day and night.

Nehe kanth sun kesaa kije,
dhan mad maataa joban sije 5

Of what merit is love of gold? Youth passes away in the drunkenness of the pride of wealth.

Neno nir mukh bhare osaasaa,
rog baddaave sije jo maasaa 6

Their eyes are filled with tears (of sorrow) and their mouths utter sighs (of grief). They are overcome with diseases and their bodies rot away.

Ek chint ek man karo andhesaa,
dhunddho maarag Satgur desaa 7

With concentration and single-mindedness seek the direction of the path of the True Guide.

Aayaa maarag Satgur keraa,
janam gamaave kiyun khaave feraa 8

If you have attained the path of the True Guide, why do you waste your life and condemn yourself to the cycles.

Baal paneme kacchun naa buje,
joban maanhe raahaa na suje 9

In childhood he understands nothing and in youth he does not percieve the path.

Bich buddhaapaa bhayaa niraasaa,
haari baajun olttaa faasaa 10

Despair sets in the old age and the game of dice is lost.

Arath arathkaa karo bichaaraa,
je koi ddhunddho saath hamaaraa 11

Contemplate upon the true objective, those who seek our company.

Pir Hassam Shaah boleaa ginaan,
bhaai munivaraa dhar lev kaan 12

Pir Hassa Shah has spoken this Ginan: O believer brother! Listen attentively to this.