The Holy Salwaat

Discussion on doctrinal issues
samirziz

The Holy Salwaat

Post by samirziz »

The Holy Salwaat is Allahuma salli ala Muhammadin wa Aal-e Muhammad
which means
O God! Shower thy blessings on Muhammad and the descendents of Muhammad

Ali was the descendant of Muhammad. Many of us are aware that Ali is Allah. therefore the salwaat now reads

O Ali! Shower thy blessings on Muhammad and yourself ( all the Imams are Ali, only the dress has changed).

Something to think about!
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Here you are mixing body of Imam with Noor of Imam..Physical body of Imam is not God. Allah was not descendant of Muhammad (PBUH0.

Physical body of Imam is of human. God has said in Quran:Surely Allah and His Angels send blessings on the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu ‘alaihi wa Salim). O you who believe! Send Blessings (Salwat) and Salutations (Salaams) on the Prophet with worthy Salutation".

"He who reads a single Durood upon me, Almighty Allah blesses him ten times, ten of his sins are forgiven, and he is increased ten times in stages (internally). (Mishkaat)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Salwaat in addition to being a prayer/zikr, serves as our identity with respect to other sects and hence we cannot interprete it at a metaphysical level as a community. As individuals we may interprete it in anyway that would bring us closer to Him, but as a community it has to be interpreted in a manner which others can understand as well. We add the descendants to the original Salwaat to define our identity reflected in our belief that the Noor of Muhammad is everlasting and is always manifest.
kandani

Post by kandani »

One interpretation of the Salwaat is that it allows the believer to partake and become in synch with the emanations of barakah and grace that flow over the Prophet and the Imams.

When we make salwaat, we tune into these divine vibrations, and through the Prophet and the Imams, the barakah reach the believers.

From a purely metaphysical perspective, Prophet Muhammad represents the Universal Soul and our souls are the spiritual progeny (aal) of the Universal Soul. In this sense, by making salwaat, we are asking the Universal Intellect to shine its intellectual emanations and lights through the Universal Soul upon the individual souls.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Khalil,

I like the metaphysical way in which you explain the salwaat.
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

I am confused with first of all the recitation of Salwat.

I've seen many people reciting Holy Salwat in different manners.

One: Allah Huma Salay Allah..Mohammad-din-Wa-Allay Mohammad.

Other: Allah Huma Salay Allah..Mohammad-due(n)-Wa-Allay Mohammad.

I always get confused with it.

Secondly, Why do we recite Salwat when Hazar Imam is near us or coming to give us his holy deedar? Why not do we recite Ya Ali? & What benefits does Salwat represent?

star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I think it is Mohamadin and not Mohamadeu

And as I mentioned in my previous post :
Prophet Said "He who reads a single Durood upon me, Almighty Allah blesses him ten times, ten of his sins are forgiven, and he is increased ten times in stages (internally)". (Mishkaat)
Aslo for more you can read Farmans about Chandrat of Imam Sultan Mohamed Shah.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is another parallel thread in this forum which discusses the significance of Salwaat at:

doctrines --> The holy salwaat

It bears the same name as this one but it is different in content.
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Yeah kmeherali I am reading that topic.

it's quite big :P so will take some time.

star_munir: are you sure ?

I've heard Alwaiz Farida Taighoonshah reciting it with due(n) & Alwaiz Kamalu ddin Missionary with (din). & These days in Nightschools it is taught that we should recite salwat with due(n). This confusion has surrounded me for a couple of years now & I always find myself uncomfortable reciting salwat because of this confusion & thinking I might be reciting it wrongly.

I read the significance of the Holy Salwat in other topic & now I want to get out of this confusion so that I may recite it & try to complete my pledge too...
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Btw you both do a great job.

Thanks for so much contribution to this forum :)
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

st0necol wrote:Yeah kmeherali I am reading that topic.

it's quite big :P so will take some time.

star_munir: are you sure ?

I've heard Alwaiz Farida Taighoonshah reciting it with due(n) & Alwaiz Kamalu ddin Missionary with (din). & These days in Nightschools it is taught that we should recite salwat with due(n). This confusion has surrounded me for a couple of years now & I always find myself uncomfortable reciting salwat because of this confusion & thinking I might be reciting it wrongly.

I read the significance of the Holy Salwat in other topic & now I want to get out of this confusion so that I may recite it & try to complete my pledge too...
I have always heard it as mohammadin and also in book Ismaili Tariqah of Alwaez Abu Ali missionary he has written it as mohammadin.
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Thanks for clearing the doubt :)
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Shaikh Abul Futuh Razi narrates from the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) that: He the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, "On the night of Isra and Miraj ( Shab-E-mIRAJ) when I ascended to the heavens, I saw an Angel who had a thousand hands. On each of his hands there were a thousand fingers, and he was counting something on them.

I asked Jibreel (pbuh) as to who that Angel was, and what was he counting? Jibreel (pbuh) replied that the Angel had been appointed by Allah to count the drops of rain, so that it may be known as to how many drops have fallen down to the earth.

I turned towards the Angel and asked him, "Do you know the total amount of the raindrops which have fallen down on the earth from the day Allah created this world till now"?

To which he replied, "O Prophet of Allah! I swear by my Lord who has chosen you (as a blessing) for mankind, verily I know the total amount of raindrops fallen on the earth till now. Even to the extent that how many drops have fallen in the wilds, in the prosperous lands, in the gardens, and also in the cemetery."

Then I told him that I was very much surprised by the power of his mind and intellect and the ability to remember, to which he replied, "O Prophet of Allah! Verily this ability to count proves futile when I try to count only one thing." I asked him as to what calculation was that. He replied, "When people of your Ummah gather at one place and send Salawat (Salat and salam) upon you, it is beyond my ability and capacity to count the rewards for it."
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

As we have discussed thoroughly the benefits and barkats of reciting Holy Salwat.

But I've confusions.

Can we sit in bait-ul-khayal bandagi and recite Salwat?

Secondly, There hasn't been much discussion on reciting Ya-Ali.

Just confusion builds up in my mind.

When a roohani passes so in Jamatkhana Mukhi Saheb prays for the eternal peace of the soul and then recites Salwat 12 times. Why not Ya Ali ?

When Hazar Imam comes to give deedar, the more he gets near, the more people start saying Salwat loudly...what's the reason? What if someone says Ya Ali ?

I am sure of Holy Salwat but not about Ya-Ali. I know it is for remembrance of Mowla Aly but i just need to clarify things why we recite Holy Salwat for different things and Ya-Ali for different things (like in Dua, Ghatpat's prayers etc).

Plus Hazar Imam tells us to recite Ya Ali, Ya Mohammad or Ya Allah in free time, it'll bring happiness. But we're also told to recite Holy Salwat in free time because it's benefits are too much. Just a confusion. Hope someone will clarify. and it's been from past 1-2 months.
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

My confusion is still unsolved :D

Btw...has anyone heard of the incident (i heard it from my aunty long long time ago) that one woman who was blind...recited Salwat for the whole night and when she opened her eyes in the morning....her eyesight was back!!
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

st0necol wrote:As we have discussed thoroughly the benefits and barkats of reciting Holy Salwat.

But I've confusions.

Can we sit in bait-ul-khayal bandagi and recite Salwat?

Secondly, There hasn't been much discussion on reciting Ya-Ali.

Just confusion builds up in my mind.

When a roohani passes so in Jamatkhana Mukhi Saheb prays for the eternal peace of the soul and then recites Salwat 12 times. Why not Ya Ali ?

When Hazar Imam comes to give deedar, the more he gets near, the more people start saying Salwat loudly...what's the reason? What if someone says Ya Ali ?

I am sure of Holy Salwat but not about Ya-Ali. I know it is for remembrance of Mowla Aly but i just need to clarify things why we recite Holy Salwat for different things and Ya-Ali for different things (like in Dua, Ghatpat's prayers etc).

Plus Hazar Imam tells us to recite Ya Ali, Ya Mohammad or Ya Allah in free time, it'll bring happiness. But we're also told to recite Holy Salwat in free time because it's benefits are too much. Just a confusion. Hope someone will clarify. and it's been from past 1-2 months.
Last time I gave you advice to ask one Question at a time so that you don’t get confuse! You can eat three times food at a time but can digest it… being human we must follow law of nature … when it comes to Knowledge think your mind is like room which has a door and five windows…find the keys of the door open it, let the light (knowledge) come in and when you are able to understand it. Then open one window and let the knowledge come from door and window, when you are able to understand it. Then open 2nd window and let the knowledge follow in from Door and two windows, when you are able to understand it then move forward by opening other Windows one by one, as you get mature they will be a stage where if your capable or Allah wills you will not only be able to open door and windows but also break walls, they will be not boundaries between you and reality… but first you should understand where you are standing…. You say you have attend night school which means you must have book knowledge use it to understand your position and how you can move forward… at some stage of my life I ask these question to myself as I don’t have anyone or anything (not even a book or a website) to help me I started (Bandagi) Meditating which my focus on Hazar Imam (from no way, I don’t have clue from where it came to me) may be it was my believe in Allah or my complete truth in what I saw has helped me or may be something else…! I was able to find answers to most of my questions…

I don’t know why are you confused with reciting Salwaat and Ya Allah, Ya Muhammad, Ya Ali....? I may be wrong but I do this… during a day when I am free I may be in different situations (mood) depending on course of the day, sometimes I just want spiritual help or sometime I just need to communicate to Allah or sometime I just want to relax… when I need help in difficulty and when I am in trouble I recite salawat as I believe when I recite salawat Allah showers blessing on me or us cause I interpret salawat this way “O Allah! Shower Thy Blessings Through Muhammad and His Progeny (i.e. His Descendants, The Holy Imams)” when we recite salawat with total devotion I feel Allah shower blessing on Holy Imams and as we are Hazar Imam spiritual children thy blessing comes to us! For me or for many of us Hazar Imam himself has been a blessing, when Prophets and Imams are blessing to everyone (living and non living things) who show us correct path, for me its doesn’t make sense if we t asking Allah to shower mercy on them so I feel Hazar Imam himself is a blessing why does he need blessings, I or we need thy blessing so when I or we recite salawat the blessing indirectly come to me or us…!

Ya Ali is call, sometimes when I m free I just need to communicate something to Allah (when I feel I need to thank or tell I m angry or just to share my feeling about something particular), I recite Ya Ali referring to Noor e Ali calling Noor e Ali and telling what is in my heart, or sometimes Ya Ali Ya Muhammad referring to Noor e Muhammad and Noor e Ali, or Ya Allah, Ya Muhammad, Ya Ali referring to all at same time, or Just Ya Ali referring directly to Allah… it all depend on what I want to communicate and how well my day passes…. They are two different behaviours, one when I m in Group (when I m with Jamat and Allah or when I m in general public and Hazar Imam) and another when I m individual (only me and Allah)…!

I have physically come across Hazar Imam 6 times in last 3yrs Allahamdulila… every time when I was blessed physical Dedaar of Hazar Imam, we had minimum 1000 people around us, but I never felt there is someone between us… externally Hazar Imam remained Aga Khan and I remained a spectator but internally there was actual communication talking place… may be people who attend dedaar can exactly answer your question… I didn’t attend any Dedaar but when Jamat recite Salawat it again means they are asking for blessing… I think externally we recite salawat but internally every individual talk to Hazar Imam (shares with Hazar Imam something special)… why don’t we recite Ya Ali? When Ali is standing in front where is the need to call him again…. at this movement a murid can only thanks or ask forgiveness or just ask him for blessings or ask him that this movement shouldn’t pass or ask him something special…

I don’t know whether my posting may be help for you or not, if it doesn’t help you don’t even consider my posting… I look for spiritual happiness when I pray I try different things, sometimes when I say Ya Ali for the first time I feel happy but sometime it takes time! When you go to Jamatkhana next time just seat and talk to your self, understand what’s important to you and start for a point or talk to Mukhi sab discuss with him your questions….!

Zubair Mahamood
Last edited by zubair_mahamood on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
st0necol

Post by st0necol »

Well Zubair...Your posts are always good :)

Atleast you gave your time that was the most special thing. Thank You.

And yup I was in night school but in the past I was so irregular in my night school and Jamatkhana. I left night school in 8th standard because I had to pay attention on my school studies and my tuition timing was around NightSchool time.

I got your point of Salwat and Ya Ali.

Holy Salwat is recited when we are in need of blessings of him and Allah only showers blessings through his appointees. Am i right ?

And when we recite Ya Ali, we want him to do our muskil asaan and also remember him in this busy world. Admit that where ever we're he's there with us. I guess thats why he asks that submit yourself to faith by calling upon the names of Ya Ali, Ya Muhammad and Ya Allah. It means that their Noor which is one is omnipresent. And they're seeing, watching and listening whatever we are doing. In short it is all Islam about to submit yourself towards Allah. Am I right Zubair?

At the end, Your experiences motivate alot :)

Take care bro. :)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

st0necol wrote: Holy Salwat is recited when we are in need of blessings of him and Allah only showers blessings through his appointees. Am i right ?
Yes, the Pirs are bearers of Noor and all bounties come through them...

There is more discussion on the significance and power of Salwaat in the parallel discussion at:

Doctrines --> The holy salwaat

The topic is the same but the content is very different.
shak00

Post by shak00 »

st0necol wrote:I am confused with first of all the recitation of Salwat.

I've seen many people reciting Holy Salwat in different manners.

One: Allah Huma Salay Allah..Mohammad-din-Wa-Allay Mohammad.

Other: Allah Huma Salay Allah..Mohammad-due(n)-Wa-Allay Mohammad.

I always get confused with it.

Also pronounce the name of MuHUMmad with the 'HUM', and not as Mummud, as you may hear during the Chandraat Majlis etc.
zubair_mahamood

Salawat and Ya Ali reciting

Post by zubair_mahamood »

st0necol wrote:Well Zubair...Your posts are always good :)

Atleast you gave your time that was the most special thing. Thank You.

And yup I was in night school but in the past I was so irregular in my night school and Jamatkhana. I left night school in 8th standard because I had to pay attention on my school studies and my tuition timing was around NightSchool time.

I got your point of Salwat and Ya Ali.

Holy Salwat is recited when we are in need of blessings of him and Allah only showers blessings through his appointees. Am i right ?

And when we recite Ya Ali, we want him to do our muskil asaan and also remember him in this busy world. Admit that where ever we're he's there with us. I guess thats why he asks that submit yourself to faith by calling upon the names of Ya Ali, Ya Muhammad and Ya Allah. It means that their Noor which is one is omnipresent. And they're seeing, watching and listening whatever we are doing. In short it is all Islam about to submit yourself towards Allah. Am I right Zubair?

At the end, Your experiences motivate alot :)

Take care bro. :)
Astleast you attended night school, I went to a different school but whatever religious knowledge I had I started from it to understand my position. 2 yrs back I asked this question it was exactly what I was feeling I told to al waaz saab {I am learning Dua and I m not able to accept Imam Ali in kalimah, “I accept Prophet Muhammad and Hazar Imam but I am unable to accept Imam Ali”} I still laugh at myself when I see mirror…. they was a gap and I tried to fill it in last three yrs and I am successful Thank God… I am still learning what I wrote was just my experience don’t take it for granted, use your intelligence… I can go into details of 5 windows I m talking off but I don’t want you to confuse… what I wrote was my personal thinking of Salawat and Ya Ali, remember I was talking of two types of behaviour its only my individual behaviour…. reciting salawat still is for blessing, before I use to only recite for me and now I do it for everyone specially disbelievers as I think without Imam they are alone so they need blessing more than believers…

Ya Ali is not a call today, Ya Ali which was a gift to me on last navroz has totally different meaning today as I don’t feel Mowla Ali is at a remote place. I use to communicate using Ya Ali (it acted as a communication channel) but now there is no need for a channel, when Mowla Ali is not away from me I don’t need to call him so It has become a request and has a different and special meaning… in last few month I never felt I am alone except for the movements when I see pictures of Hazar Imam like when I was watching Hazar Imam’s Madagascar photos I felt “oo He is in Madagascar and I m my room” I felt Mowla Ali and I am at different places, except for those movement I never feel I am away from Mowla Ali… therefore if I don’t feel I am away form Mowla Ali, Prophet Muhammad and Allah, it make no sense if I call him by reciting Ya Ali so Ya Ali has a different meaning today… wherever you’re at this point make sure you’re destiny is Allah and ask Allah to help you to reach Allah… in your journey you will come across many station where you will learn differ things, at some station you will stay for long time and at some you will just pass but make use of your knowledge at every station it will help you, be regular to your prayers, always keep your Tasbi with you that’s the key..! Ya Ali Madaad…

Zubair Mahamood
AlwaizaRashida

Post by AlwaizaRashida »

YAM <BR>If u have any confusion regarding the pronounciation of Salwat u can ask any Present Jamati Mukhi Saheb .They r having Green book in which salwat n all the Tasbihat is written .Also a book call 'Nesaab' With purple colour [U can get it from incharges og REC'S] all the tasbihat Salwat n Nad-e-ali ia written<BR>In my opinion I understood salwat's significens as 'Ai allah mohd n us ki aal per teri rehmat bhej'&nbsp; i assume that v r not in a position to prey for&nbsp;Imam's noor .v r sending preyers for his body .so directely v r sending salwat to mohd n his aal but indirectely v r getting for our self.b/c imam said 'Jamat mera jism hai'----Ager koi mere momin ko dukh deta hai to mere kaleje me tir ki trha lugta hai ----It means v r throuing ball o&shy;n the wall n it bounce towars us.same is the case with salwat..I m not sure i have clear it or not&nbsp; b/c my writting skills is not good. i m not v much use to computer also&nbsp;&nbsp;