Golden Jubilee

Jubilee Projects by Imamat Institutions
farida

Golden Jubilee

Post by farida »

Whilst i think it is a very noble cause giving blood i feel that i would rather donate money to the Aga Khan Foundation as the money could be usefully spent for the needy/charity or other various institutions that Hazar Imam is developing/involved in. any donations would be of great use to our Imam and i feel it would be a gift to Him on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee. i cannot give blood anyway because i have had a medical condition which would mean passing on the antibodies to someone else; also blood cannot be stored for any great period of time.

Farida
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is no contradiction. I am sure one of the official projects from our institutions will be do contribute money. I have also heard there will be a new Ismaili Anthem and few more things.

If you can not give blood, you can still give Salwats. We were 23 who went to give blood at the AKUH in Nairobi a week ago and 3 were disqualified for various reason. They took some small sample and checked the hemoglobine of each. After 15 minutes we were informed on who will be allowed to give blood.

They had also a form with some questions that we filed. The two of the 3 people who were not allowed to give blood were told to try in few months. They were sad that they could not participate and give their blood in the name of their Imam for his Jubilee but they still gave pledges for Salwats and all will give money according to their means to whatever projects that pops up from the official institutions.

Giving money is good also as no doubt, our Imam will allocate it to the best possible causes. But see, as far as blood and salwat is concerned, everyone is on an equal opportunity basis. Maybe if you can do none, you still can plant a tree and dedicate in your heart to the Jubilee and help save the environment or come with other equally good projects.

But I sincerely hope you will publicise to your family and friend the Heritage Golden Jubilee project at www.ismaili.net

Admin

golden jubilee pledges

Post by Guest »

Hazar Imam has mentioned in one of his firmans that nothing will make him more happy than to know that his jamat is regular in attendance to jamat khana and nothing will make him more unhappy than to know that his jamat is not.
In light of this firman how if we have some pledges to increase the jamatkhana attendance?
Some one going once a week if pledges to go twice a week. some one going once a month .pledges to go twice a month some one going daily evening pledges to go once a week morning and so forth.
what do you think about this?
I think this will make mowla really happy
Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes this is also true. Especially I was very sad to learn from reliable source that in Nairobi more then 100 Ismailis are going to Masjids instead of Jamatkhana. I hope our prayers and Salwats will help bring them back to Jamatkhana and therefore influence their attendance in Jk also. And maybe the sawab of our salwats will be returned by Hazar Imam to help those who are weak to increase their attendance in Jk instead of more of our people going to Masjids.

Admin
razinizar

Post by razinizar »

Ismailies going to Masjid instead of going to JK ?? or Ismailies going to Masjid as well as the JK in their respective time ?
Admin

Post by Admin »

It's serious but this is not part of this thread. Maybe this should be discussed in current issues. I just heard that something similar has happened in Toronto. Let's switch this part of the discussion into Current issue so we do not change the subject of discussion here which is various Golden Jubilee Projects. Thanks.

Admin
dchandani

golden jubilee projects

Post by dchandani »

I think nothing will make mowlabapa more happier than to know that his murids are getting more regular in attendance to jamatkhana.
what can we do to increase jamat khana attendandance especially in our youth?
this is an important question we must strive hard to answer.
the modernisation and long working hours ofcourse is one issue.
what is putting off our youth from coming to jamatkana even when they can make it?
i would like to hear it from the youth.
how if we have the pledge forms set up just like ones for salvat and blood donation?
to me this is an important project to start for the golden jubilee year.

Blood Donation

Post by Guest »

During the Silver Jubilee I donated a small amount of money to the fund collection. However I felt<BR>it was not enough so I donated o&shy;ne pint of blood in honour of this jubilee. It was the first time I ever gave blood as a unconditional jubilee gift & it gave me instant peace & gratification<BR><BR>Aziz K&nbsp; Canada

Youth's JK attendence

Post by Guest »

Hey I'm from San Antonio and what we have been doing here is that during school hollidays we have morning awareness week. We provide the youth with incentives to attend morning khane and then after prayers we have games and little fun activities. And surprising the older part of youth continues comming to morning khane during weekends and such. I think that every khane should start a similar program as such to incourage morning khane. Because one a child becomes acustomed to waking up early and attending morning khane and realizes the importance of it, he/she will attend without any physical incentive. Especially because Golden Jubliee is comming up, we should really try this out.

-Pinky

Post by Guest »

<P>YAM!<BR>So many people call Jamat Khana as Khane.......I think we should&nbsp; not give different contravertial names to&nbsp; jamat kahana&nbsp; .Its Jamat Khana not khane.</P>

Re: Golden Jubilee

Post by Guest »

farida wrote:Whilst i think it is a very noble cause giving blood i feel that i would rather donate money to the Aga Khan Foundation as the money could be usefully spent for the needy/charity or other various institutions that Hazar Imam is developing/involved in. any donations would be of great use to our Imam and i feel it would be a gift to Him on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee. i cannot give blood anyway because i have had a medical condition which would mean passing on the antibodies to someone else; also blood cannot be stored for any great period of time.

Farida
do you really think that imam needs your money and do you give from your heart or because you think you should?
Admin

Post by Admin »

I don't think our Imam "needs" our money or blood or salwats but I believe that it is as difficult to give from the pocket [money] as it is to give blood or Salwats. And I think only people who have love and devotion can do these things.

I am grateful that the institutions will be organising possibilities for all of us to give money as Nazrana for the Jubilee and no doubt the Imam knows where and how to use it for the betterment of mankind.

Admin
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

Admin wrote:I don't think our Imam "needs" our money or blood or salwats but I believe that it is as difficult to give from the pocket [money] as it is to give blood or Salwats. And I think only people who have love and devotion can do these things.

I am grateful that the institutions will be organising possibilities for all of us to give money as Nazrana for the Jubilee and no doubt the Imam knows where and how to use it for the betterment of mankind.

Admin
It is a well known saying by one of the Great Prophets (see if you know who?) that (I am paraphrasing it) it is easy pass a camel through a hole of a needle in God's name but it is hard for a rich man to give (money) in God's name.
tazimhirani

pledge - Salwaat

Post by tazimhirani »

I think it is a great way to get the children involved in the Golden Jubillee. When I told my daughter (9 years) she got very excited about it and asked me to register her. It's making her aware of the Golden Jubillee as well as she feels that she is contributing something to Hazer Imam. She also told my son (5 years) to register for 1 tasbih of salwaat a week. We've decided to say the salwat all together and mark on the calendar every week. As we all know how much Hazer Imam emphasis on prayers - Inshallah, they will get it into a habit of saying salwaat even after they have completed their pledged numbers.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

Golden Jubilee is a secular event and celebration.
I have been sensing that the Council for USA, are panic stricken and there is a great deal of efforts put in place to keep "folks" (Ismaili) from showing up at public events and ceremonies to be held in the US and Canada. The cause for the panic is that folks have rights, money and means to show up at those public events and possibly come in contact with The Imam.

Please don't tell me that folks will embarrass The Imam or get in the way of The Imam. I think folks do have class and understand the events and situations. After all folks have a right to be there and if they have the legal right and are tax paying citizen where the public event is being held and Jameti leaders must observe individual rights.

The reason I have posted this is because I have seen the shameless efforts in Toronto and in DC; just too bad most can't erase or change the recorded history.
farahim786

Post by farahim786 »

I myself am a youth and your question about what can we do to increase jamatkhanah attendance in the youth is a really good question. Although I am not completely sure why many youth do not come to jamatkhanah, I believe that they would rather watch television or hang out with their friends. Yes, it is really bad, and believe it or not, I know many teens who would rather go out with their friends than come to jamatkhanah. Knowing that Golden Jubilee is right around the corner, I think it is their own responsibility to come and not come because they were forced. We have programs that help encourage the youth to step up and come to jamatkhanah but there is o&shy;nly so much we can do.