Hotels selling alcohol.

Discussion on doctrinal issues
davlat_dida

Hotels selling alcohol.

Post by davlat_dida »

Yo Ali Madad brothers and sisters.

I had a question regarding the hotels of our Beloved Hazar Imam, how come He permits them to sell alcohol in His hotels? Is it forbidden in Islam, my belief about his matter is incertain and unclear, i wish for you guys to help me, so that my belief could be firm.

Thank you.

Yo Ali Madad.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ya Ali Madad,

MHI's hotels are not meant for Muslims only. They are meant to serve people of all faiths and even atheists, hence restricting alcohol would be deemed as imposing our values upon others and being dicriminatory, which is counter to the spirit of pluralism.

Of course this must not be construed as the Imam sanctioning the consumption of alcohol. Muslims must not drink alcohol wherever they may be.
davlat_dida

Post by davlat_dida »

Thank you brother, i appreciate it.
karimqazi

Post by karimqazi »

Ya Ali Madad too all,

What kmaherali said was put into perfect words. The main business for Mowla's hotels is to provide a service to the customer, and the selling of alchol is not the main business of the hotel. Alcohol is a part of the service, to provide for all people who demand it. Who created alchol who created the pig? These are all gods creations but it is forbidden for muslims by gods order to not eat or drink these things.

May mowla bless you and enlighten your soul.
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

YA Ali Madad,

Yes I agree with both Kmaherali and karimqazi.

Mowlana Hazir Imam is first Imam, He prefers Imamat activities. MHI’s didn’t prefer to be a businessman it happened by chance and if any other activity contradicts His status as Imam He will give it up. Neither has He manufactured alcoholic beverages nor He advices His follow to consume it.

I don’t understand why we are asked this question, why alcoholic beverages are sold in Your Imam’s Hotels. They are other Hotel’s owned by Muslims which also sell alcoholic beverages and Prohibited food items.

Here are MHI’s words…..

Q. Many people in the West consider you a businessman rather than a spiritual leader. Don't you think that your success in the business field will diminish your prestige as Imam?

A. It may be useful to emphasize two things. The first is that my activities in the field of private business was the result of mere chance. You may be interested to know for example that I had no choice in owning the horses I own. My father died in a car accident leaving behind him three children, two of whom did not want to continue to breed horses. It was left to me to say whether or not I wished to preserve a family tradition which had been passing from one generation to the next. I did not understand anything in horse-breeding; I thought it was a risk, but I invoked the force of God and I succeeded. The second thing I want to point out is the subject of my investment in tourism. Personally, I have invested a modest sum along with others in Sardinia in the mid-Mediterranean. Within twenty years, the project has developed into a big tourist enterprise in the industrialized world. At present we are building bridges between this private enterprise and another project: Tourism Promotion Services in the Third World, which requires that kind of economic activity. However, I was not born to be a businessman in the West. These were accidental enterprises which grew thanks to good management. Those around me have said, since these are successful projects, why not keep them going?

But let me reassure you that the moment I feel there is any objection on the part of my community or the countries of the Third World where these activities are being carried out, or that there is any contradiction between them and my status as Imam, I will give them up immediately. They are not among my functions as Imam; they represent only a small fraction of my activities and as long as they do not exceed the limits allowed... why not? But I do repeat and affirm that I shall give them up the moment they become a burden.

Ya Ali Madad