Surah al-Maidah: Ayat 6 [5:6]

Discussion on doctrinal issues
Arshad_Z

Surah al-Maidah: Ayat 6 [5:6]

Post by Arshad_Z »

Ya Ali Madad!
I am new to this site and have been reading the threads, especially in the "Doctrines" section. I have not read all the threads, therefore, I apologize if I have repeated a topic. If I have, please direct me to the thread which contains the answer for the following question.

I know that we are a batini faith, and things of Shariah should not be focused into. However, this ayat bothers me a lot and I crave for this question to be answered. This ayat, ayat 5 of Surah 5, is in reference to ablution, or purifying ourselves before prayer. The ayat is translated as follows:

[5:6] "O ye who believe! When ye rise up for prayer, wash you faces, and your hands up to the elbows, and lightly rub your heads and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it. Allah would not place a burden on you, but He would purify you and would perfect His grace upon you, that ye may give thanks."

Now, I am not sure if this ayat has a batuni meaning to it, but I am pretty sure it does. Now the question is are we supposed to clean ourselves before we offer our Dua? Or does this ayat have the batuni interpretation of purifying our thoughts, our mind, and our souls before we offer our Dua? I am not too sure and would appreciate it if someone could answer the question. I might have a hint where it says "When ye rise up for prayer" maybe meaning that when we get up for our morning Dua, we should wash ourselves. However I am not sure. Thank you and,

Ya Ali Madad!
Arshad_Z

Post by Arshad_Z »

I would also like to add, what happened to the thread "Is Hazar Imam God/Allah" I remember seeing it a few weeks ago and don't see it anymore??? It was a very interesting thread I did not get to finish. I was wondering why Admin deleted it. Please reply. Thank you and
Ya Ali Madad
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There have been extensive discussions in this forum under the following three threads.

Customs and Traditions --> Wuzu, Wazu, Fasting

I hope they answer your question.
Arshad_Z

Post by Arshad_Z »

Thank you kmaherali, the reference was very interesting and helped me very much. Sorry for hearing the same question again.

Yaa Ali Madad
Arshad_Z

Post by Arshad_Z »

I was wondering if anyone here knew if there are batini meanings when Allah says "wash you faces, and your hands up to the elbows, and lightly rub your heads and (wash) your feet up to the ankles". Are there any hidden meanings to this? Or does it just mean be clean for prayer
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Arshad_Z wrote:I was wondering if anyone here knew if there are batini meanings when Allah says "wash you faces, and your hands up to the elbows, and lightly rub your heads and (wash) your feet up to the ankles". Are there any hidden meanings to this? Or does it just mean be clean for prayer
Actually during the Fatimid period Ismailis used to practice the five pillars of Islam which included the Namaz and the ablutions accompanying them. Ours being an esoteric tradition, our Dais in the past gave Tawil (interpretation) of all external acts. Nasir Khusraw in his work Waj hi din (the face of religion) gives the Tawil of all the external acts. This work is currently being worked upon by Dr FakirMohammad Hunzai of the IIS and hopefully will be available for general consumption soon.
arshad1988

Post by arshad1988 »

Is Dr. Fakir Mohamed Hunzai part of the IIS?