First Khane ever built?

Ismaili monuments, places to visit etc..
a_gulmani

First Khane ever built?

Post by a_gulmani »

Anybody know where exactly the first khane ever built is located??? Guessing in Syria somewhere but plz if you have the location hook me up!
curious2

Post by curious2 »

Wasn't it the first masjid-e nabwi in Arabia? Or the Kaba Abraham built? Or perhaps go back, when we first came out of caves and recognized Allah, we must have built something to pray, right?

Apologize if this answer doesn't satisfy you completely.

:roll:
Shauqeen

Post by Shauqeen »

Pir Sadrddin gave us the first JK in Sindh Pakistan, a village called Kottra
karimqazi

Post by karimqazi »

Shauqeen wrote:Pir Sadrddin gave us the first JK in Sindh Pakistan, a village called Kottra
Ya Ali Madad,

I just wanted to confirm what has been said above is correct. Kottra also nown as Kottri, is near Hyderabad Pakistan.

Our tradition is a sufi tradition. Our place of worship and gathering is called Jamatkhana, which is equal to Khan-ka in Indian sufi tradition and Taquiah in Persian sufi tradition and Zaviah in Middle East/Mediteranean sufi tradition. In old days, Jamat Khana had two parts: one for preaching and doing sat-saang (dawah) and one for prayers. Today, our Jamat Khana is only for prayers and gathering not for dawah purposes.

May mowla bless you all and give you spiritual enlightenment.
unnalhaq

Re: First Khane ever built?

Post by unnalhaq »

a_gulmani wrote:Anybody know where exactly the first khane ever built is located??? Guessing in Syria somewhere but plz if you have the location hook me up!
Khana-e-Kaaba.
Admin

Post by Admin »

It depends of how you define JK. Hazar Imam has defined it in various ways, particulalry whenopening new Jamatkhanas.

Also Pir Shams opened 84 Jamatkhana in China in his time. But of course there were Jamatkhanas in each cycles, even before the present cycle.

I would suggest hat first some discussion be held on the concept of JK and how our Ismaili concept differs from the general concept. Dubai foundation speech may give some clue, same for Lisbon and Burnaby... And the forthcoming Golden Jubilee Speeches that will no doubt clarify the concept.