do ismailis pray dua all our the world?

Current issues, news and ethics
hamida777

do ismailis pray dua all our the world?

Post by hamida777 »

ya ali madad  just a lill curious ..........do our Ismaili brothers pray the same type of dua all over the world? as in east africa the kriyas r a lill different then in india.... wat bour syria tajikistan etc............ n do we have an ismaili jamat in russia...?
Admin

Post by Admin »

They all have the same Dua now, though from 1956 to 1969 there were some differences between the Du'a recited in Pakistan and the Dua recited in other parts of the world.

During this peride for instence Africa Jamats were following the Dua approved and prescribed by Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah in 1956 but Pakistan had a problem with the formulation, especially the last sentence in each chapter. Eventualy the last line approved by our Imam was abandonned in favour of the Pakistan version for the sake of unity.

These are important hapenings of our history which we should not hide but on the contrary reflect upon.

There is a discusion on this subject in the Forum probably under Doctrine or Ceremonies.

Admin
BUIteacher23

Post by BUIteacher23 »

there was a very long dua in africa that took up to an hour from what I've heard.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

BUIteacher23 wrote:there was a very long dua in africa that took up to an hour from what I've heard.
That was the old dua that had been recited by all Khoja Ismailies whether in India/Pakistan or Africa.

Shams
Admin

Post by Admin »

Contrary to general beliefs there were a lot of Arabic and Farsi in the old Dua [referred as Gujrati Dua in an above posting]. There were non-khojas reciting the same Dua for example in Syria though not many because of the lenght of the Dua and the fact that a lot was in Indian language that they did not understand. I came accross an old Syrian person few years back in Masyaf [in Nov. 2001] and he started reciting the Old Dua to me. I was surprised that he still recalled it.

Admin
PAMIRUSA

Re: do ismailis pray dua all our the world?

Post by PAMIRUSA »

hamida777 wrote:ya ali madad  just a lill curious ..........do our Ismaili brothers pray the same type of dua all over the world? as in east africa the kriyas r a lill different then in india.... wat bour syria tajikistan etc............ n do we have an ismaili jamat in russia...?
<BR><BR>Hamida Yo Ali Madad<BR>&nbsp;<BR><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Yes to your question we do recite the same Duo today as far regarding those former publics of USSR before we got into contact with Khudowand as far I remember my parents told me we used to recite just Pir and Shah at the end we called Hazir Imam name oh by the way I suggest you o&shy;ne person or what you call him a Missionary Abu Ali he was back home o&shy;ne time and he knows a lot about us I heard him in English & Farsi (CDs) I was&nbsp;amazed how much he knows about our culture and tradition anyway <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>Thanks Hamida good question </P>
Irfan_Kadiwal

I Agree with PAMIRUSA

Post by Irfan_Kadiwal »

Hi,

YAA ALI MADAD.

I have heared the same thing what PAMIRUSA has to say in Mr. ABU ALI's Waez.He had mentioned that

"Our Ismailis in Afganistan(Central Asia) just recite tasbeeh of Pir Shah instead of Normal DUA.Mowlana Hazar Imam has sent many Teachers in different parts to teach people Arabic DUA."

I don't know the date of the recording of the waez.
May be today DUA is recited out there in all the parts.

Regards,
Irfan
hamida777

Re: I Agree with PAMIRUSA

Post by hamida777 »

<P>ya ali madad where can i get the waiz of abu ali would love to read articles or even the old dua really want to know how it was in the past...........</P>
PAMIRUSA

Re: I Agree with PAMIRUSA

Post by PAMIRUSA »

hamida777 wrote: <P>ya ali madad where can i get the waiz of abu ali would love to read articles or even the old dua really want to know how it was in the past...........</P>
<BR><BR>Yo Ali Madad <BR>Hamida i was searching thru the website i mean <A href="http://www.google.com">www.google.com</A>&nbsp; and came across this <A href="http://www.sevuk.com">http://www.sevuk.com</A>&nbsp;website i've purchased all the English CDs check his this CD its called Institution of Piratan i&nbsp;hope you will find some of&nbsp;your answers anyway Thx again and Khudo Hofiz